Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Adam Whatnot from the Beeb said yesterday that there were various UK civil servants in Brussels and he seemed to think that they were there to negotiate.

Civil servants are not politicians who actually make the decisions.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Prime Ministers in favour of leaving.
Theresa May
Boris Johnson

Foreign Secretaries in favour of leave.
Boris Johnson
Dominic Raab

Brexit Secretaries in favour of leave.
David Davis
Dominic Raab
Stephen Barclay

Secretaries of International trade in favour of Brexit
Liam Fox
Liz Truss

Leaders of the House in favour of Brexit
Andrea Leadsom
Jacob Rees Mogg

Amazing,with all this talent after3 years we’re still in the EU.
And still they blame remainers for their incompetence.

Jan 30, 2008
Oh you mean they had the Referendum for a bit of a lark , just to see what the results were going to be ?

It's like going to the garage and they advise you to put some more oil in the engine , you dont the engine siezes ,silly me why didnt i take their advice:wave:
regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's like going to the garage and they advise you to put some more oil in the engine , you dont the engine siezes ,silly me why didnt i take their advice:wave:
regards
DF

Oh dear. You’re now conversing with your second account. A new low for you Ppf.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You think MP’s, more importantly, the non-conservative remainers are “the elite”? That’s cute. No I do wonder why all the rich business men with a lot to gain from disaster are leave & Tory donors?....

Nearly all of the political and business establishment/elites in the UK, Europe and further afield including the sweeties that delivered the financial crisis and the Euro crisis were all backing Remain. I realise this is an uncomfortable truth for the numerous Corbynista fan boys on NSC. Carry on doing their bidding though you are doing a grand job.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Initially maybe but the trust excuse doesn't wash after the legislation to prevent no-deal becomes law of the land which is why Corbyn initially set that as his election threshold. It will become law on Monday. This is now all about making Boris ask for an extension after his numerous promises to get us out by the 31st ... anyone no matter how they voted during the referendum with any intelligence knows this to be true.

You have a point, I can’t understand why the opposition parties wouldn’t trust our lying , hypocritical, Prime Minister. It’s not as if he’s got form for going back on his word, is it?

I do agree with you that Corbyn really wants to see him squirm though, and to be honest, he’s not the only one.

Jan 30, 2008
Nearly all of the political and business establishment/elites in the UK, Europe and further afield including the sweeties that delivered the financial crisis and the Euro crisis were all backing Remain. I realise this is an uncomfortable truth for the numerous Corbynista fan boys on NSC. Carry on doing their bidding though you are doing a grand job.

I honestly feel that some people really haven't got the flavour of the public over all this, cataclysmic destruction of the liberal elite on the horizon i can see it coming :wink:
regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They do all the work under instructions from our politicians. Besides, it would appear that our politicians are incapable of making decisions.

You mean politicians don't always make a decision that suits you. :shrug:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I honestly feel that some people really haven't got the flavour of the public over all this, cataclysmic destruction of the liberal elite on the horizon i can see it coming :wink:
regards
DF

You are not known for your accurate forecasts; this is another example of you favouring your hope over your experience....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have a point, I can’t understand why the opposition parties wouldn’t trust our lying , hypocritical, Prime Minister. It’s not as if he’s got form for going back on his word, is it?

I do agree with you that Corbyn really wants to see him squirm though, and to be honest, he’s not the only one.

I have the prancing ninny on ignore. I gather from replies that he's prancing now about Boris' trope that Corbyn is scared of a general election. I really dislike ostensibly intelligent people who will gleefully grasp an obvious falsehood if it fits their narrative.

Anyway, it is people like these who are making me slowly and reluctantly consider Corbyn as perhaps worthy of my vote in a GE after all (having disavowed him over his prior feeble displays, and his hopless devotion to anything anti-Israel).

A mate of mine has to do business with dangerous people on occasion. He has to metaphorically count his fingers after a handshake. This is still preferable to attempting to do business with congenital liars who are too lazy and arrogant to bother putting in a proper shift. People who would embrace any congenital liar as long as he is wearing a blue rosette, especially during these difficult times, are dispicable and deluded in equal measure. I shall continue to ignore them.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
What makes you so sure ? Apparently Macron didn't want to grant the extension to 31st October but was talked round by Merkel. One of the rules of the extension is that there has to be a good chance of progress being made during it. Given zero progress has been made in the last extension or the one before that, why would people like Macron decide to extend yet again ?

The impending election helps the cause greatly, but they'd be likely to grant one anyway. The fact they could be negotiating with a significant different party is seen as promising too.

At least part of Macron's tough approach is for his domestic appearance, being tough on the UK is popular in France, for some reason. But it is true patience is wearing thinner for each postponement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here