Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sigh ….. I know you want to turn any post from a leave supporter into some desperate hope of leaving but I was pointing out what, apparently, happened last time we asked for an extension. The EU will only have so much patience ….. especially if TB's claim that no deal won't affect them is true !

Your mob simply will not shoulder any of the blame, will you. Unbelievable.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
If you require a newspaper to constantly remind you about what's happening in the country, I can see how the truth may come as something of a surprise ???

It was all there, easily available to anyone who spent the slightest amount of time prior to putting their cross in the box.

It appears you now understand you were lied to, but still seem to be struggling to identify those responsible.

No not at all just pointing out it was a Referendum that was assumed to be implemented even if Remain posters say it was advisory ,illegal whatever to suit their agenda .What were these lies you speak of ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The EU don't care about no deal. It doesn't affect them, so it isn't a tool on the table.

Incidentally, it has been verified by several others, that there are no negotiations going on.

Yes, they do and yes it would.

There are still regular meetings but no change in negotiating positions because there is no incentive to change position. The government can't guarantee any new deal would get through parliament and parliament has just cut off any time pressure and said the government must agree to any extension the EU wants .... well done them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No not at all just pointing out it was a Referendum that was assumed to be implemented even if Remain posters say it was advisory ,illegal whatever to suit their agenda .What were these lies you speak of ?

Exactly the same grammatical errors as ppf, including the space before the punctuation marks.
Second account.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sigh ….. I know you want to turn any post from a leave supporter into some desperate hope of leaving but I was pointing out what, apparently, happened last time we asked for an extension. The EU will only have so much patience ….. especially if TB's claim that no deal won't affect them is true !

An extension can't be guaranteed and the cast list differs from March somewhat too, but I'm really hoping Johnson has to ask for one and is sent outside to wait while 27 other countries decide our fate like happened to May - for a privileged, entitled, arrogant, English, old Etonian like him, the chastening, humiliating experience that he's brought on himself and his country will do him the world of good.

In regards to no deal it will cause damage and bad blood on both sides of the English Channel and Irish Sea, but we're the ones who've caused this shambles, it's going to hurt us most, but as Dublin and The EU seem to take The Good Friday Agreement a bit more seriously than we now do, hopefully common sense will prevail again in regards to an extension request. (Hopefully they'll also really humiliate Johnson good-and-proper by telling him it's until December 2020 and call him a 'Ecole publique Anglaise Tory numpty' or something for good measure too.)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well whoever lied and told you that the referendum was anything other than advisory, for starters :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly the same grammatical errors as ppf, including the space before the punctuation marks.
Second account.

Someone else had that particular 'fist' as it used to be called. ???

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Hardly a conspiracy theory it's pretty clear many MP's have always thought if they drag it out long enough and vote against anything the government does and refuse to make a decision on what type of Brexit they would support they hope enough people will simply get fed up and vote to end the chaos. As did the Welsh!
You think MP’s, more importantly, the non-conservative remainers are “the elite”? That’s cute. No I do wonder why all the rich business men with a lot to gain from disaster are leave & Tory donors?

Love the idea that the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg, Aaron Banks, Nigel Farage, Paul Dacre, Rupert Murdoch and Boris Johnson aren't elites. Imagine being gullible enough to genuinely think they worked in your interest.

Real men of the people, these multi-millionaires and multi-billionaires, aren't they?

:facepalm:

Mellotron beat me to it.

Is that the same Corbyn who has been calling for a General election virtually every day since the last election and frequently argued every day the Tories are in power the poorest and most vulnerable suffer ... the one who refuses to have an election?

You KNOW he will vote for an election in November. Jesus.

I feel, when the inevitable election does come, Comrade Jezza may well be shown the door by the Labour Lads.

Big black and has 10 written on it.

I’ve noticed you never read the Guardian, the independent or the Mirror. You know I do dabble reading the Express, the DM now again to see what’s going on in the other side of the spectrum. You should try it sometime, you’ll be less angry.

The blocking no deal bill has passed the House of Lords.

Who wants to break the news to PPF? Not it.

We’re definitely leaving on 31 October don’t you know…

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Come now , JC, I thought you were one of the more intelligent of the Brexit brotherhood.

Obviously Johnson is not to be trusted, so, the rest of the parties in Parliament are not going to give him the opportunity to practice any kind of election date chicanery. Once theNo deal exit from the EU is permanently scuppered, then Labour, SNP, Libs, Greens, old Uncle Tom Cobbly and all, will tear your hand off for a GE.
But, you probably knew this.

Initially maybe but the trust excuse doesn't wash after the legislation to prevent no-deal becomes law of the land which is why Corbyn initially set that as his election threshold. It will become law on Monday. This is now all about making Boris ask for an extension after his numerous promises to get us out by the 31st ... anyone no matter how they voted during the referendum with any intelligence knows this to be true.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The EU don't care about no deal. It doesn't affect them, so it isn't a tool on the table.

Incidentally, it has been verified by several others, that there are no negotiations going on.

Adam Whatnot from the Beeb said yesterday that there were various UK civil servants in Brussels and he seemed to think that they were there to negotiate.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If it was illegal i have not seen this been brought up on the news ,would someone have to take the government to court over this ?

They have - that's how we know it was illegal. It was only not declared void because the referendum was only advisory, if it had been bindlng, the result would have been scrapped

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here