Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No point paying the DUP anymore as their votes no longer count and if Labour/LD/Jocks decide to join forces they might take over as government now

Good point

We want our Billion back

We want our Billion back

We can put it back on the Magic Money Tree

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Your right, things have swung to other side just slightly. However it still stands that 17M+ voted to Leave the EU, if that doesn't happen then there is simply no point in voting anymore. Will just have to put up with it, I won't be happy but I will move on. I just hope remainers can do the same.

There is no point voting for fantasies, never has been. We can leave, we just can't leave and have all the goodies they said you would get. Is it just leaving, whatever the consequences for you, or do you want there to have been some benefit?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Your right, things have swung to other side just slightly. However it still stands that 17M+ voted to Leave the EU, if that doesn't happen then there is simply no point in voting anymore. Will just have to put up with it, I won't be happy but I will move on. I just hope remainers can do the same.

I respectfully disagree. It wasn't the vote itself that was flawed it was the fact the Leave campaign offered at least 4 different versions of leaving and explicitly ruled out no deal, and they then refused to come to an agreement which of those they promised people should be followed. Meanwhile people say "leave means leave" to cover up for the fact they don't know what they are talking about and which backs them into a corner of their own making that rules out compromise or discussion.

Ken Clarke is right. All the Leave campaign had to do was pick a version that was a compromise of all the different versions promised to Leave voters and we'd be out by now. Instead they fought themselves, kept saying "leave means leave" every time anyone tried to bring reality to the conversation, and now they are trying to avoid any responsibility for what they've done.

Voting isn't pointless, but putting faith in a self interested elite who can't agree on what they want before even the vote obviously is pointless, and there is no pleasure in pointing out how many people said this would happen as soon as A50 was triggered without an agreed way forward.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Careful. It’s not a two horse race anymore.
Tories Labour Brexit Liberals

If you think either the Brexit Party (0 seats) or the LDs (15 seats) is going to win 326 seats at the next election, I have some magic beans to sell you

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I like the way this is being painted by the Boris Bunch as a two horse race election.

It is a choice between two coalitions. The Tories have Team Farage and the DUP to keep them honest.

Corbyn in an alliance with everyone else, who will be responsible for keeping him in check.

I will pretty much support anyone who is genuinely prepared to offer compromise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Haven't posted on here since July.

Nothing has changed, we need a vote to settle our nationalist tantrum once and for all

No Deal or No Brexit

Need to decide whether we want years more of uncertainty and a fractured UK, or move on and get a life....

Agreed. No Deal means the start of 20+ years of painful negotiation, and the Brexit talk will never stop.

No Brexit and we can all forget about it, shut up and move on.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

No doubt you will not be the only disappointed Leave Voter who somehow tries to make a statement of frustration and annoyance seem like a magnanimous gesture.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

That was 2 elections and 3 PMs ago. What is it with Leavers living so far in the past?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In truth, we’ve known these maths for 2 years plus. This is a pro Remain Commons, hence no agreement was ever possible. But lots of game playing and politics (eg Labour and Tory MP’s scared of deselection) over those 2 years.

Now, FINALLY, the cat’s out of the bag. Boris would’ve known all the above all along.

Now a general election which Boris seems relaxed about, all part of a ‘win win’ strategy as he sees it.

That really will be the nation’s second and final poll on Brexit.

Problem is he is unlikely to be able to get a GE, because nobody trusts him to hold it soon enough to avoid a crash-out Brexit. The general feeling is he will use some wheeze to change the GE date to November, even if he promises to hold it in October, allowing us to crash out of the EU with no deal. Even thicky Corbyn, who is dribbling for a GE (and is too thick to realise he won't win) is beginning to realise this. The liberals are very clear about this.

This of course confirms that Boris has done nothing to negotiate any sort of deal and had no intention of doing so. I guess his advisor (the man who actually runs the country now) figures we can crash out and then negotiate all the necessary deals in a leisurely fashion over the next few years. Certainly there will be hardship and in some aspects, chaos, but it won't affect the rich, and the gammon will be appeased.

Hopefully a sufficient number of MPs on both sides will be able to put a stop to this.

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
If you think either the Brexit Party (0 seats) or the LDs (15 seats) is going to win 326 seats at the next election, I have some magic beans to sell you

Cool

How much are they per bean and are they discounted for quantity?

Latest YouGov poll
Tories 34
Labour 22
Liberals 17
Brexit 13

Whilst this will not convert to election results, it’s not a two party system anymore until Brexit is finalised

Now, where’s my Magic Beans?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Cool

How much are they per bean and are they discounted for quantity?

Latest YouGov poll
Tories 34
Labour 22
Liberals 17
Brexit 13

Whilst this will not convert to election results, it’s not a two party system anymore until Brexit is finalised

Now, where’s my Magic Beans?

Where is the SNP?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now I'm sure many on here had things they didn't like about Theresa May, David Cameron, Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, John Major, Margaret Thatcher, James Callaghan, Harold Wilson, Ted Heath, Sir Alec Douglas-Home and Harold Macmillan.

But Johnson has certainly ushered in a new type of politics for the first time in my lifetime.

This is the first time I have actually seen a complete incompetent in charge of the country :lolol:

'Undermining the negotiations' ? What negotiations would they be then, you goon :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here