Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But that's exactly what it is about. The country voted to leave the EU ( via democratic means ). MPs and the likes of Gina Miller have attempted to negate that vote constantly. Despite whatever way you do the maths - constituency based or one person one vote - the decision was to leave. To the point that Corbyn even wants to try install himself as PM without even his party having elector mandate to do so. Yet now a leave leaning government uses (legal) functions at it's disposal to prevent MPs going against the public vote it's suddenly 'undemocratic' !

Gina Miller's court case was to assert the right of Parliament to have a say and that the UK is not run exclusively by the Prime Minister, a decision backed by the courts. What exactly is your problem with that idea?

She even voted Leave FFS.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's quite worrying how many of our Brexit-supporting number appear to have absolutely no qualms about such a flagrant dismissal of the Parliamentary democracy the UK has worked on for hundreds of years. They appear to have become so blinded in their pursuit of one specific thing that they seemingly have no limits to which they will not go to achieve their ends. There is no price they are not willing to pay.

At that point, this becomes simple zealotry. If there is no price you won't pay then you are no longer thinking rationally. And most would argue that the suspension of democracy is a pretty damned high price to pay to achieve what you want.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You know fine well No deal was never going to be left on the table by Labour. And as such, my post remains true and relevant.

Do you have any sort of evidence, ANY evidence at all that there is a mandate for no deal then please speak up now.

Do not use the referendum. Because as I previously corrected you this was mandate for brexit, not a mandate for no deal.

It was a quote from the Labour conference ….. by Corbyn ….. that said 'all options would be left on the table' …. I suggest you take it up with him.

And where have I said there is a mandate for 'no deal' ? Feel free to quote where I've said that. I think you might be letting your sudden conversion to the alternative view read what hasn't actually been put.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's quite worrying how many of our Brexit-supporting number appear to have absolutely no qualms about such a flagrant dismissal of the Parliamentary democracy the UK has worked on for hundreds of years. They appear to have become so blinded in their pursuit of one specific thing that they seemingly have no limits to which they will not go to achieve their ends. There is no price they are not willing to pay.

At that point, this becomes simple zealotry. If there is no price you won't pay then you are no longer thinking rationally. And most would argue that the suspension of democracy is a pretty damned high price to pay to achieve what you want.

Just want it over with now.

If it’s a car crash and people suffer so be it - it’s what the country wants.

I have zero sympathy for those people that voted for it end up suffering the most.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Gina Miller's court case was to assert the right of Parliament to have a say and that the UK is not run exclusively by the Prime Minister, a decision backed by the courts. What exactly is your problem with that idea?

She even voted Leave FFS.

Rather strange for someone to vote leave, then take the government to court and then this :

"Miller initially stated in various interviews that she was pressing on with the legal action as a matter of democracy and parliamentary supremacy but following the case has made clear her opposition to the result of the 2016 EU referendum"

And to state this :

"She stated publicly that she personally would vote Liberal Democrat for the first time, having previously been a Labour supporter."

"On 8 May 2019, Miller set up a website, Remain United, to encourage tactical voting in the EU parliamentary election on 23 May, to maximise the number of MEPs of various parties elected who support remaining in the EU."

Not really the actions of someone that voted leave.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
It was a quote from the Labour conference ….. by Corbyn ….. that said 'all options would be left on the table' …. I suggest you take it up with him.

And where have I said there is a mandate for 'no deal' ? Feel free to quote where I've said that. I think you might be letting your sudden conversion to the alternative view read what hasn't actually been put.

So the answer is no then.

It ha s been noted at least one brexiter on the thread agrees there is no mandate for no deal.

Any other takers?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmmm ……. https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/erg-brexit-group-members-jacob-rees-mogg-explained/

And there are plenty of other commentators that put the number at between 60-70 …… not even close to your 120. Feel free to post a source of your figure ….. my guess is it will come from Twitter.

Maria Caulfield is a member and not on that list. Over 128 people signed the vote of no confidence in Theresa May sent to the 1922 committee, but they failed to oust her.
This article states more than 100 members, calling it a party within a party, all claiming tax expenses under the guise of 'research'.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/91461/who-does-the-shadowy-european-research-group-represent

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Interesting development today. He clearly wants a fight. Now is the time to crush Boris once and for all.

images (4).jpeg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No, of course, I didn't I have 2 young children and I want to screw their lives up forever.

There really is no need to panic life goes on and evolves, it will expand and shrink, that's life, as long as Kim does start playing silly buggers with his rockets we have nothing to fear.

https://youtu.be/akbzRuZmqVM

If their pulse doesn't race and their chest doesn't enlarge after listening to that then it's:
1) Time they went home
2) or they have a pacemaker
3) or they are probably a jellyfish

A jellyfish has no ears or eyes or nose and no brain or heart! They do not even have a head. Their body is almost totally made of water and is soft having no bones at all. Jellyfish are invertebrate animals because they do not have a spine or backbone.

No fresh food
Or life saving drugs for a while

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
See how 'rampant' the anti Semitism is when you remove all the points he has quoted, that relate to the Israeli State and occupation. Pretty funny really.

Theres anti Semitism, of course there is, but to try and say its all about the Labour party is pretty fecking ridiculous. The Tories have a much longer record, that continues to this day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_the_UK_Conservative_Party

Boris Johnson
In January 2017, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson met with Steve Bannon, at the time Donald Trump's chief strategist and, in the words of shadow foreign minister Liz McInnes, "a man whose website [Breitbart News] is synonymous with antisemitism, racism, misogyny, homophobia, hero-worship of Vladimir Putin and the promotion of extremist far-right movements across the world".[ Johnson was accused by the Jewish Labour Movement chair of hypocrisy for meeting Bannon while also criticising Labour's approach to antisemitism'

Unfortunately, the genius regards mentioning anti-semitism in the Conservative Party, as 'deflection'. I suppose that this is because he normally supports that party. Normally, but perhaps not always - do I recall him mentioning that he was going to vote Brexit Party in the Euros? If me saying that I would be prepared in some circumstances to vote Labour makes me a 'supporter/facilitator' of anti-semitism then Christ only know what that would make him. (Who was it wittering on about condescension, insults, hypocrisy, close-mindedness, hugely susceptible to confirmation bias, inability to deal with different opinions or democracy, arrogance, misrepresentation...)

Jan 30, 2008
King Charles the first Das [emoji106]

Call him what you like Nobby the fact is we can't have undemocratic time wasting stallers dragging this country into even more uncertatainty, Brexit party looming in the back ground to take British politics to another level if we didn't leave so its about time this bunch of so called MPs who thought they could stall even further were put in their place, as the referendum result instructed the Government to LEAVE so that's going to happen
Boris leading from the front .
Regards
DF

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not really the actions of someone that voted leave.

It's almost like people changed their minds at some point between 23rd June 2016 and 28th August 2019.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here