Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why, Caroline Lucas of course. You know the person the prats of Brighton voted in as being an MP, with her call for a female only 'National unity government' Must get them ready hadn't she.

....and you're telling others on here to 'be steady'? I'd say you are the one who should be calm...... I'm sure 'the prats of Brighton' hold you in the highest regard.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
....and you're telling others on here to 'be steady'? I'd say you are the one who should be calm...... I'm sure 'the prats of Brighton' hold you in the highest regard.

Who cares Son, who are they? Politically Brightons view is alien to nearly ALL of the south east but hey ho.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why, Caroline Lucas of course. You know the person the prats of Brighton voted in as being an MP, with her call for a female only 'National unity government' Must get them ready hadn't she.

And there's me thinking that all levers want is democracy, it was the democratic vote of the people of Brighton that voted her in.
That bellend Johnson who is about to crash this country was not voted in to be prime minister by a nationwide democratic vote, or do you and the other boneheads only want democracy when it suits you.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Who cares Son, who are they?

'Son'? Oh okay dad!
The 'prats of Brighton' voted in a fair election for a progressive MP. Are you deliberately criticising them for that?
The referendum on the other hand was rigged by 'prats' with a dodgy agenda. You can research the illegal activities of that 'vote' any time you like. It is an established fact.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
By 'alien to', presumably you mean 'different from'.....
But what exactly is your point about this?

Humm, lets see if I can find an anology. American queues at airports. 'Americans' (basically) one queue, 'Aliens' the other. The inference is that you are 'Not from here', so you can understand because Brighton consistently votes opposite to the rest of the South East, politically you are 'Aliens' Simples huh?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But if I said something which was clearly and factually incorrect you’d have every right to call me out. In fact I’d expect you to. Whether you use the term bollocks is personal choice though.

And it wasn’t your opinion I was calling bollocks, it was your understanding. Two different things.

This is a frequent trope of the neo-right. Make a statement based on a lie or a miscomprehension and when called or questioned on it, simply claim that it's their opinion and they have every right to express it. It's beyond ridiculous.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This is a frequent trope of the neo-right. Make a statement based on a lie or a miscomprehension and when called or questioned on it, simply claim that it's their opinion and they have every right to express it. It's beyond ridiculous.

That bit is quite simply breathtaking. If someone cannot defend their opinion eloquently it does not make it any less valid if you cannot PROVE otherwise. Cupid Stunt! Everyone has a right to express an opinion, as you remainer eeejoits have been doing since 2016!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Humm, lets see if I can find an anology. American queues at airports. 'Americans' (basically) one queue, 'Aliens' the other. The inference is that you are 'Not from here', so you can understand because Brighton consistently votes opposite to the rest of the South East, politically you are 'Aliens' Simples huh?

Ah, so we should conform to expectations ?

Anyway, 42% of the south east voted for centre/left wing parties at the last election

https://electionresults.parliament.uk/election/2017-06-08/results/Location/Region/South East

What's alien here is standard in the north ?

Your's twas a silly comment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who cares Son, who are they? Politically Brightons view is alien to nearly ALL of the south east but hey ho.

51% of the Brighton Pavilion ward....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But you do make this shit up all the time. One example of France and Germany overruling the other 25 nations as you have claimed?

Or, maybe an example of this 'good deal' that will benefit Britain whilst protecting the EU's single market?

You just make up this shit constantly and then, when asked to give details or facts, to support your completely irrational assumptions, you run away :shrug:

Oh, the irony. Find the quote where I claimed Germany and France 'overruled' all the other 26 members. As usuual, you either deliberately misinterpret or fail to understand the point being made. I said the EU will be dominated by the Franco-German alliance prioritising the Eurozone and ever closer union, hardly news or controversial. The Franco-German alliance has been central to the whole EC EU project and will remain so.

Ah, the new oft used playground 'run away' line ... I would suggest people either have a life or just get increasingly bored with your stupidity/dishonesty. :shrug:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That bit is quite simply breathtaking. If someone cannot defend their opinion eloquently it does not make it any less valid if you cannot PROVE otherwise. Cupid Stunt! Everyone has a right to express an opinion, as you remainer eeejoits have been doing since 2016!

In that case, my opinion that you are an Elephant is unchallengable. Ya thick grey, big eared, long nosed ****.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh, the irony. Find the quote where I claimed Germany and France 'overruled' all the other 26 members. As usuual, you either deliberately misinterpret or fail to understand the point being made. I said the EU will be dominated by the Franco-German alliance prioritising the Eurozone and ever closer union, hardly news or controversial. The Franco-German alliance has been central to the whole EC EU project and will remain so.

Ah, the new oft used playground 'run away' line ... I would suggest people either have a life or just get increasingly bored with your stupidity/dishonesty. :shrug:

Is that why the French and Germans are throwing Ireland under the bus to get a Brexit deal?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

...but your analogy fails to recognise those queues are imposed on travellers rather than being a voluntary choice.
Perhaps the analogy doesn't work all that well

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is that why the French and Germans are throwing Ireland under the bus to get a Brexit deal?

it does look like that, though they're bound to assist them in event of no deal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

And yet again, you have repeated 'your opinions' without any fact or detail to support them.

Just like 'your opinion' for the last 3 years that there was a 'good deal' that could be negotiated that would benefit Britain and protect the EU's single market. However, when asked, you couldn't even give the briefest of outlines of what it would consist of, despite having 3 years to think about it. And we're still waiting to find out what this fantasy 'good deal' is.

You are just like Ppf spouting your same soundbites time and time again, but just with a slightly bigger vocabulary (talk about damning with faint praise :lolol:)

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And yet again, you have repeated 'your opinions' without any fact or detail to support them.

Just like 'your opinion' for the last 3 years that there was a 'good deal' that could be negotiated that would benefit Britain and protect the EU's single market. However, when asked, you couldn't even give the briefest of outlines of what it would consist of, despite having 3 years to think about it. And we're still waiting to find out what this fantasy 'good deal' is.

You are just like Ppf spouting your same soundbites time and time again, but just with a slightly bigger vocabulary (talk about damning with faint praise :lolol:)

Oh my, that's harsh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here