Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
It's all a matter of opinion and I agree with JC Footy Genius.

I don't call your opinion bollocks. You are entitled to have wanted the status quo, as lots of people did. But not enough people, so stop throwing out insults and let's enjoy the footy season now.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I don't call your opinion bollocks. You are entitled to have wanted the status quo, as lots of people did. But not enough people, so stop throwing out insults and let's enjoy the footy season now.

Perhaps you could also avoid throwing out insults.......
Back to the football now.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
'More of the same' as in no idea what the future direction of the EU will take but certain it will be dominated by the Franco-German alliance prioritising the Eurozone and ever closer union over the interests of any second-tier members (see the UK). If remainers didn't understand this perhaps they shouldn't have voted. Quite a gamble ....

You only have to see a phrase such as 'dominated by the Franco-German alliance' to send some of our Brexiteer pals climbing their loft ladders to dig out their Home Guard uniforms; to some it hints at some sort sinister takeover bid. I think the relationship is rather more complex than some think. This is a nice article which puts this into a historical context. (Not a bad place to put it on the eve of the 80th anniversary of the outbreak of World War 2)

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/france-and-germany-update-their-alliance-eu-merkel-macron

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Government is going to launch a special 50 p piece to " Celebrate " Brexit. Another bitter irony as by the time we get to the 31st October and crash out the Pound will probably only be worth 50p !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46016359

D

Deleted member 22389

If only your European fat cat buddies could see what's going on in Southern Italy. Migrant workers in the fields for 30 Euros a day, or the bloke I met who stands outside the supermarket every single day in 30 degree heat, hoping someone will give him some money for helping them back to the cars with their shopping, or the women who end up on the streets in the hands of criminal gangs. That's the reality of the situation for so many people.

Still keep supporting your fat cat EU buddies, on their big fat salaries and pension pots, taking their posh skiing holidays in the Swiss Alps, or running to their beautiful villas around the Northern Italian Lakes, a million miles away from the leaky borders they helped create.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You believe that cobblers if you want.

Since you believe it's cobblers maybe, just for once, you could back it up with some detail or heaven forbid, a fact and tell us the last time 25 countries voted something down, but the EU did it anyway ?

Or maybe, like so many of your associates, meaningless one liners are your limit :dunce:

*edit* Oh, you seem to have logged off again rather than attempt an answer :lolol:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If only your European fat cat buddies could see what's going on in Southern Italy. Migrant workers in the fields for 30 Euros a day, or the bloke I met who stands outside the supermarket every single day in 30 degree heat, hoping someone will give him some money for helping them back to the cars with their shopping, or the women who end up on the streets in the hands of criminal gangs. That's the reality of the situation for so many people.

Still keep supporting your fat cat EU buddies, on their big fat salaries and pension pots, taking their posh skiing holidays in the Swiss Alps, or running to their beautiful villas around the Northern Italian Lakes, a million miles away from the leaky borders they helped create.

You have a point. I do wish the EU could and would step in and deal with corrupt countries with dodgy governments and criminal gangs running huge swathes of the nation. But then people like you would complain if the EU stuck their noses into domestic politics.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
'More of the same' as in no idea what the future direction of the EU will take but certain it will be dominated by the Franco-German alliance prioritising the Eurozone and ever closer union over the interests of any second-tier members (see the UK). If remainers didn't understand this perhaps they shouldn't have voted. Quite a gamble ....

No, you are so wrong. As Leave politicians now say the public knew they were going to be poorer as the remain politicians told them this in the campaign, I think we can claim that remainers all knew that Turkey are set to join, there will be an EU Army, we will be forced to join the Euro, that we will lose all veto powers, we will be sucked into a European Superstate, it was all very certain, that is what vote leave told us. Or are you saying that actually, all of that was crap?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The difference is though, that your opinion is bollocks. Well, if you agree with JCFG it is anyway.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It isn’t well said. It’s absolute bollocks and you both know it. There’s 27 countries which get to vote; if the other 25 don’t like something it will be voted down.

Surprised you weren't aware that the EU and it's predecessor have been dominated by a Franco-German alliance HT ... it's quite widely known.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Which border is leaking that you are blaming the EU for? Italy is responsible for its sea borders, it's Schengen borders are in the North.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

How much do migrant workers in the fields in the UK get per day? Are British politicians living in tenements?

Rees-Mogg wife’s shed

Attachments

• http___com.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.jpg
    http___com.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
How much do migrant workers in the fields in the UK get per day? Are British politicians living in tenements?

Rees-Mogg wife’s shed
similar

Always amazes me that Brexit-types can work themselves into a fury on anything dodgy that might have the EU's fingerprints on it, but tend to be less strident on similar home-grown problems. A bit like going ballistic on the non-elected, undemocratic EU (which is actually a simplistic if widely held belief), whilst conveniently forgetting that our very own House of Lords is unelected, Oh well...……………..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I don't call your opinion bollocks.

But if I said something which was clearly and factually incorrect you’d have every right to call me out. In fact I’d expect you to. Whether you use the term bollocks is personal choice though.

And it wasn’t your opinion I was calling bollocks, it was your understanding. Two different things.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
if I said something which was clearly and factually incorrect you’d have every right to call me out. In fact I’d expect you to.
OK.

It’s absolute bollocks and you both know it.
Factually incorrect on both counts.

1. It's not absolute bollocks, that's just your opinion and I say you are incorrect.

2. We do not 'both know it' just because you think that you do.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
OK.

1. It's not absolute bollocks, that's just your opinion and I say you are incorrect.

Well if you agree with JCFG about his supposed Franco-German alliance maybe you could give us an example of where you believe those two EU members have overridden the other 25?

(And it really isn't a matter of opinion, where this has happened, it's a matter of Fact. It's just that you and JCFG can't come up with any Facts to support your irrational opinions :shrug:)

*edit* Oh, you seem to have logged off again rather than attempt an answer :lolol:

Does seem to be a bit of a trend
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=9029018&viewfull=1#post9029018

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
OK.

How am I incorrect? Read this and tell me how I’m incorrect. https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/european-council/

You are talking even more bollocks. Which to be fair is a change from the usual simplistic platitudes you trot out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well if you agree with JCFG about his supposed Franco-German alliance maybe you could give us an example of where you believe those two EU members have overridden the other 25?

And how they do this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here