Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No, and by intelligent people, do you mean the virtue signalling, dog whistleing snowflakery

Are you just throwing buzz-words around, or are you trying to describe certain people or situations?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Various people on here have demonstrated that they will welcome with open arms this person who is promising to give them what they want on this issue, without any concern about the man's antecedents and other attributes, even his flagrant lies and ludicrous hypocrisy. They just reply with 'whataboutery'. There is no discussing anything with them, and they acquire the same mocking inanity of their little hero if you say 'yes, but....'.

It used to be said, attach a blue rosette to a pig and tories will vote for it. In this case, well good taste (and I have little of that, sadly) precludes even me from giving an example of what Nigel could be caught doing, red handed, without his reputation being remotely dented among his fawning acolytes. Think Republican women and Trump the pussy grabber. They Just Don't Care. And it is horrible to behold.

Don't worry your little head about him and Trump too much. I am worried about all the vein bulging and nostril flaring that goes on here at the mention of their names. Do they keep you awake at night? Have you sought help about it? I find it amusing that they arouse such passion, such bile, such venom. Normally that is reserved for mass murderers, oppressors and dictators, not politicians.
Political figures used to be figures of fun, lampooned and satirised. Times have changed. There is no gentle ribbing anymore. Its full blown maniacal hate. No middle ground. Its the verbal war fought at the extremes and that is deeply worrying. Worrying that tolerance is disappearing from our society. The other viewpoint is no longer allowed. Instead of discussion it is insult. It is the refuge of the insecure and the intolerant.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Don't worry your little head about him and Trump too much. I am worried about all the vein bulging and nostril flaring that goes on here at the mention of their names. Do they keep you awake at night? Have you sought help about it? I find it amusing that they arouse such passion, such bile, such venom. Normally that is reserved for mass murderers, oppressors and dictators, not politicians.
Political figures used to be figures of fun, lampooned and satirised. Times have changed. There is no gentle ribbing anymore. Its full blown maniacal hate. No middle ground. Its the verbal war fought at the extremes and that is deeply worrying. Worrying that tolerance is disappearing from our society. The other viewpoint is no longer allowed. Instead of discussion it is insult. It is the refuge of the insecure and the intolerant.

.... and in this debate it cuts both ways - in Leave and Remain circles

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The problem is the politicians that are dangerous. Darth Mogg, Boris, Trump, Farage , Grayling etc take themselves seriously and frankly should not be tolerated. Some of their behaviour is appalling.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Gove has done himself a big favour.
Looking and listening to him is enough to never try cocaine and sales will probably fall overnight.
An advert should be produced, ' this is what happens when you take drugs'
The man is a total bell end.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Post of the week :thumbsup: All the insults do is make people more entrenched in their views

D

Deleted member 22389

Post of the week from me as well.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
For a party formed only 2 months ago, to get 30% of vote is quite staggering whatever side you're on. Go on, admit it, many of you are absolutely terrified.

What did Nigel Farage say .... Peterborough 200 and something on our list of targets in a GE. If they can do this at Peterborough, just think about the disruption caused to the two party system if 'Brexit' isn't resolved by the next election. Whether you like him or not, he's always very transparent and in these days of prevaricating, weasel politicians this resonates with the punters.

Plenty of reason to be terrified.... by the single, damaging policy Farage et al are pursuing - and by the lack of discernment of their followers, who are taken in by the simplicity of the message and facile mantras.
Are you a follower by any chance?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Plenty of reason to be terrified.... by the single, damaging policy Farage et al are pursuing - and by the lack of discernment of their followers, who are taken in by the simplicity of the message and facile mantras.
Are you a follower by any chance?

Yes I am lever, for many reasons.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
It's what Mo is alluding to Lever. I for one respect your opinions, they're always thoughtful well made, I may not agree, but respect them all the same.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes I am lever, for many reasons.

I respect everyone and anyone's right to choose, but I am not sure I admire a sentiment that suggests approval of terrifying fellow citizens; sounds like a recipe for deep and lasting division and resentment to me. Not good in the long term.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're part of the problem not the solution.

Whatevs.
You’re a hypocrite. You regularly insult people on here, the electorate and politicians. As recently as the last few pages.
You haven’t got everyone fooled. You’re just another dimwit leaver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here