Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Michael 'Coke-head' Gove's revelations appear to make Boris's road to No.10 just that bit easier which in turn makes the jump-off-a-cliff no-deal Brexit just that bit more likely?
I'd laugh my splitting sides off if the MPs ensured Boris didn't make the final 2.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Michael 'Coke-head' Gove's revelations appear to make Boris's road to No.10 just that bit easier which in turn makes the jump-off-a-cliff no-deal Brexit just that bit more likely?

I think it's probably increased the chances of 'no deal' from 0.000000001% to 0.000000002%

If some future Brexiteer PM announces that we are going to go 'no deal' and then starts the building of customs posts in NI, lorry parks at all ports, puts multi-billion pound contracts out to tender for the IT infrastructure, design and development of systems and starts the biggest recruitment drive in HMRC history, then I reckon we could be within 3-5 years of a 'no deal' Brexit.

Until then, not a chance in hell.

And I notice that even the press have now caught on and are starting to talk about 'the impossible job' of delivering Brexit. The same job that hasn't changed one iota in 3 years.

I'd laugh my splitting sides off if the MPs ensured Boris didn't make the final 2.

Either way, I can see much hilarity ensuing :lolol:

(Looking on the bright side while we waste more £10s of billions doing f*** all and the economy continues to suffer).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Trouble is, does anyone believe that the famous Bullingdon club didn't indulge? Concern will be that papers that support Boris will did the dirt on all the challengers leaving him last man standing as to leave it to a vote by the parliamentary party might mean he fails to make it to the final members ballot!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like a classic bit of journalism. " Friends " of Boris let it be known that they saw Gove on the Charlie, story is typed up and shown to Gove, he is told this is the story we are publishing which will wreck your chances of leadership.... However, should you decide to come clean with us we will re-write it in such a way that you are not totally wiped out of the race.

Gove comes clean and is much diminished, the Daily Mail gets its big splash , Boris eats a hearty breakfast and books a nice table out for a few " Friends " later in the week, and savours getting his knife in first this time.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

First there was Rory 'Smack-head' Stewart, then Jeremy 'Pot-head' Hunt and now this. :rolleyes:

It'll be interesting what, if any, response in the form of revelatory revenge Gove and 'friends of Gove' scheme up against Johnson.

Meanwhile, there now follows a party political broadcast on behalf of The Conservative and Unionist Party.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
First there was Rory 'Smack-head' Stewart, then Jeremy 'Pot-head' Hunt and now this. :rolleyes:

It'll be interesting what, if any, response in the form of revelatory revenge Gove and 'friends of Gove' scheme up against Johnson.

Meanwhile, there now follows a party political broadcast on behalf of The Conservative and Unionist Party.

I would have thought that the majority of, if not all, the candidates will have done something naughty with illegal substances in the past. If they were still doing it now and regularly I would consider it a problem, but an isolated(?) incident in the past?

Having said that, a reformed drug addict who has come back from the dark side might not be a bad idea - they might have an awareness of the things that make life difficult for some.

In the meantime, I can honestly say that I have never indulged in any illegal substances - not through a holier than thou attitude but just never feeling the need to - so can I be Prime Minister? Only problem might be I am not a Tory......

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I would have thought that the majority of, if not all, the candidates will have done something naughty with illegal substances in the past. If they were still doing it now and regularly I would consider it a problem, but an isolated(?) incident in the past?

Having said that, a reformed drug addict who has come back from the dark side might not be a bad idea - they might have an awareness of the things that make life difficult for some.

In the meantime, I can honestly say that I have never indulged in any illegal substances - not through a holier than thou attitude but just never feeling the need to - so can I be Prime Minister? Only problem might be I am not a Tory......

In all seriousness, an isolated incident in the past, no harm done and the inevitable statement of profound regret is no problem in my book either.

It's just a shame that our criminal justice system, presided over by these people, doesn't work like that for a lot of young people who have run ins with drugs who come from less privileged backgrounds than Tory cabinet minsters, but I digress.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That tousled haired scallywag Johnson, admitted in 2008 that he had partaken of the Colombian marching powder, and had smoked the odd spliff.
It doesn’t seem to hat done his Tory party career any harm.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In all seriousness, an isolated incident in the past, no harm done and the inevitable statement of profound regret is no problem in my book either.

It's just a shame that our criminal justice system, presided over by these people, doesn't work like that for a lot of young people who have run ins with drugs who come from less privileged backgrounds than Tory cabinet minsters, but I digress.

Yes no harm done apart from the thousands of lives ruined down the supply chain to support their disgusting upper class coke habits.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
For a party formed only 2 months ago, to get 30% of vote is quite staggering whatever side you're on. Go on, admit it, many of you are absolutely terrified.

What did Nigel Farage say .... Peterborough 200 and something on our list of targets in a GE. If they can do this at Peterborough, just think about the disruption caused to the two party system if 'Brexit' isn't resolved by the next election. Whether you like him or not, he's always very transparent and in these days of prevaricating, weasel politicians this resonates with the punters.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
For a party formed only 2 months ago, to get 30% of vote is quite staggering whatever side you're on. Go on, admit it, many of you are absolutely terrified.

What did Nigel Farage say .... Peterborough 200 and something on our list of targets in a GE. If they can do this at Peterborough, just think about the disruption caused to the two party system if 'Brexit' isn't resolved by the next election. Whether you like him or not, he's always very transparent and in these days of prevaricating, weasel politicians this resonates with the punters.

Not really a new party though is it, heavily funded by dodgy money and picking up all of the old UKIP votes. All the BP will do is split the Tory vote and let in Labour through the middle.

Also in a GE they would need to come up with a manifesto at which point people will realise they are not really the working class party people want but a party steeped in vested interests.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Not really a new party though is it, heavily funded by dodgy money and picking up all of the old UKIP votes. All the BP will do is split the Tory vote and let in Labour through the middle.

Yes, that's my only worry with the advance of the BP, letting Corbin in through the backdoor.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Also in a GE they would need to come up with a manifesto at which point people will realise they are not really the working class party people want but a party steeped in vested interests.

Ah yes.....a manifesto.....hang on whilst the hysterical laughter dies down....thats better....oh no...I'm off again....shit that really hurts laughing that much......lets put some ideas down on paper to keep the idiots happy ( definition of an idiot...." anyone who believes anything they read in a manifesto " ) and there are plenty still left out there.
Cue...Abraham Lincoln.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Ah yes.....a manifesto.....hang on whilst the hysterical laughter dies down....thats better....oh no...I'm off again....shit that really hurts laughing that much......lets put some ideas down on paper to keep the idiots happy ( definition of an idiot...." anyone who believes anything they read in a manifesto " ) and there are plenty still left out there.
Cue...Abraham Lincoln.

Idiots, yes, probably anyone who believes any pre election manifesto put out by the main parties. Look at the lib dems 'no university fees' pledge, dare say there was a few idiots that fell for that one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cue...Abraham Lincoln.

Idiots, yes, probably anyone who believes any pre election manifesto put out by the main parties. Look at the lib dems 'no university fees' pledge, dare say there was a few idiots that fell for that one.

20dumb-and-dumber.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

By 'transparent' do you mean that intelligent people see through him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here