Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Regardless of the outcome at least this referendum has given me an opportunity to take the time to try and understand how the EU actually works. I certainly have a better grasp of how it all works now whereas before I only had a vague idea.

My feeling is that nobody really knows what the full future consequences are if we stay in or leave so you have to do your best to vote with what your gut feeling is telling you. Also at the end of the day I think that many other non related problems that appear in the future will be blamed on the result whichever way it goes!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brexit really can't help themselves with their cyncal tactics by doing an airplane pro-Brexit banner flypast whilst the vigil for Jo Cox was taking place at Trafalgar Square last night. My mother was there and she witnessed it as Brendan Cox was making his very moving speech on stage. There were a lot of angry people. It was an utter disgrace and a mark of how low these Brexiters have stooped. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...rial-with-message-to-vote-leave-a3278491.html

That really is unbelievably poor from the Leave folk. Amazing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Eh? Which one?

Translation is I dont know what your on about, which is kind of obvious if you are trolling/tagging people making random smears rather than specifics in the relevant thread.

Go and do one dickhead.

The post in question was accusing inners of being Jihadi Chowdreys friends, so I think your random smear accusation is more applicable to yourself, and although I could, I won't resort to the childish insults you seem to revel in, I'll just put it down to your quite obvious lack of intelligence

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That really is unbelievably poor from the Leave folk. Amazing.

You're kiddin' me, perhaps if it was some planned disruptive fly past, do you expect a no fly zone in central London above anyone/thing that might be a vigil for her or any other, its quite clear apart from the one person filming it others do not seem to notice it.

Again it seems tiresome to somehow validate her own political views above others that dont share them purely because of her tragic killing, its an attempt to somehow tarnish those of us who do not share your own view on this referendum with some vague linked association of the motives of the perpetrator of the crime, poor show from you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its also sad, that her death cannot be talked about, and enforced by brexiteers who seem to somehow think they will be smeared by an extremists act. Nobody believes that all brexiteers are gun wielding lunatics...but you know that. You would rather close down any talk,because of your fear being smeared, along with a lunatic. If a prominent 'leave' politician had been murdered, on our streets by a left wing extremist., Im absolutely CERTAIN, they would not be holding back.

Still, gives brexiteers something to fall back on tomorrow.

Last edited:

Its also sad, that her death cannot be talked about, and enforced by brexiteers who seem to somehow think they will be smeared by an extremists act. Nobody believes that all brexiteers are gun wielding lunatics...but you know that. You would rather close down any talk,because of your fear being smeared, along with a lunatic. If a prominent 'leave' politician had been murdered, on our streets by a left wing extremist., Im absolutely CERTAIN, they would not be holding back.

For once, I actually partly agree with you, or at least the spirit of what you say.

From both campaigns there's been huge amounts of ridiculous finger pointing and back-and-forth claim and counter claim "You're lying" "No we're not, you are" "Jo Cox was murdered for her beliefs" "Jo Cox wasn't, making political capital out of a murder is terrible" "What about low flying campaign planes over her vigil" etc etc etc.

Both campaigns, and anyone that blindly ignores what the side they support is doing but joins in the disdain for the opposition actions, should take a long hard look at themselves tomorrow morning and think about whether they like what they see. This referendum has bought out the absolute worst in our politics, and in our ability to be partisan. It's quite frankly pathetic from all sides.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know it is illegal to post exit polls until after polling closes, but I’m sure the bookies get wind of voting patterns and respond accordingly.

So you might be interested to know that odds of Brexit have drifted from 3.9 to 5.6 on the exchanges already...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Still 1/4 available on remain at the bookies, fill your boots.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
For once, I actually partly agree with you, or at least the spirit of what you say.

From both campaigns there's been huge amounts of ridiculous finger pointing and back-and-forth claim and counter claim "You're lying" "No we're not, you are" "Jo Cox was murdered for her beliefs" "Jo Cox wasn't, making political capital out of a murder is terrible" "What about low flying campaign planes over her vigil" etc etc etc.

Both campaigns, and anyone that blindly ignores what the side they support is doing but joins in the disdain for the opposition actions, should take a long hard look at themselves tomorrow morning and think about whether they like what they see. This referendum has bought out the absolute worst in our politics, and in our ability to be partisan. It's quite frankly pathetic from all sides.

I agree. The campaign in it's entirety has been utterly unedifying for all involved on both sides. It's been depressing for a while, and now it's boring as well. I'll be glad tomorrow when the whole charade is done and dusted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know it is illegal to post exit polls until after polling closes, but I’m sure the bookies get wind of voting patterns and respond accordingly.

So you might be interested to know that odds of Brexit have drifted from 3.9 to 5.6 on the exchanges already...

Now out to 6.4. Probably because Sir Bobby Zamora has wisely tweeted we should vote REMAIN. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

Now out to 6.4. Probably because Sir Bobby Zamora has wisely tweeted we should vote REMAIN. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And continuing to slide.......how can they possibly know something!?!?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Correct. This referendum should NEVER have taken place for exactly those reasons - fact being lost in a sea of misinformation and deceit. We are a parliamentary democracy - we elect people to make decisions with ALL the facts at hand. We don't pay them to defer the difficult and divisive decisions to the people.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And continuing to slide.......how can they possibly know something!?!?

I'm guessing, but should imagine they get wind of exit polls on the fly and adjust their odds accordingly? They're not allowed to publish what they receive but you can't prevent them adjusting their odds. Either that or they are simply reacting to the markets if indeed they are bouncing (I don't know whether or not that is true).

Or maybe we've all been waiting to find out what Bobby Zamora thinks. Happily, he's one of the good guys. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here