[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Similarly there are those who are 'Brexit at any cost' advocates who are happy to accept a downturn and subsequent hardships on their own people as being an acceptable price worth paying, particularly when it comes to other constituent parts of The UK outside of England.

Unfortunately, not one of them can tell you what we are paying the price for. Not one of them so far has come up with one single plausible reason Brexit is worth all this chaos and heartache.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn't say everyone here wants a prosperous Europe, I said most. For a start, most people here are remainers, and among the leavers, there are plenty who want Europe to prosper.

In terms of the Brexit negotiations, it's understandable that many will see the EU as an adversary, given that some in the EU have stated that they don't want the UK to do well from Brexit.

Genuine question; Who has said that?

I personally think the EU has treated us fantastically well over the years and especially well over our dithering over the last few years and all the thinly veiled threats we made to the EU immediately after the vote (they will find I'm a bloody stubborn woman etc).

But then I have a very level head and understand reason.

Either way, it's not an "us and them" situation. We are still part of the EU.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, if you think his statement is factual and accurate, that's your opinion. I don't, I think it was a stupid statement.
Even if I didn't agree with his statement, the point is that repeatedly telling him it's stupid and that it's been explained to him in simple terms is insulting.

But since you want to concentrate on what he said, rather than admit you were rude, no I don't think it's stupid to suggest that the EU have made Brexit difficult. They want to discourage other states leaving, the last thing they wanted was for Brexit to be easy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Even if I didn't agree with his statement, the point is that repeatedly telling him it's stupid and that it's been explained to him in simple terms is insulting.

But since you want to concentrate on what he said, rather than admit you were rude, no I don't think it's stupid to suggest that the EU have made Brexit difficult. They want to discourage other states leaving, the last thing they wanted was for Brexit to be easy.

I think you'll find other nations won't leave because they realise it's a ****ing stupid idea.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm only winding you up, Trigg. You seem very sensitive today so I'm just giving you a dig. Now edited, for the more sensitive among us.

So, what did Macron say?

I may be wrong, but as far as I know Macron has stated that Britain would be worse off with a No Deal Brexit. He's right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm only winding you up, Trigg. You seem very sensitive today so I'm just giving you a dig.
:lol: No, I'm not feeling sensitive. I don't get angry about anything on here either. I do despair at some of the posts though.

So, what did Macron say?
It's not one quote I remember, it's been his stance the whole time, and leaders of other EU nations have commented on it too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:lol: No, I'm not feeling sensitive. I don't get angry about anything on here either. I do despair at some of the posts though.

It's not one quote I remember, it's been his stance the whole time, and leaders of other EU nations have commented on it too.

You have never struck me as in the least bit angry.

I know he has stated very bluntly that the UK is going to struggle outside of the EU. He is correct. I know a lot of leavers do not like to hear blunt truths though. I can hardly blame them I suppose, they voted on a pack of lies and the fallout is atrocious. I wouldn't want to be reminded that was largely my fault either.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You have never struck me as in the least bit angry.

I know he has stated very bluntly that the UK is going to struggle outside of the EU. He is correct. I know a lot of leavers do not like to hear blunt truths though. I can hardly blame them I suppose, they voted on a pack of lies and the fallout is atrocious. I wouldn't want to be reminded that was largely my fault either.

50601719_10156733549135353_4952653486257864704_n.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A new political party left of centre that wants to have the following policies;

1. Change the voting system for future elections.
2. No polictical donations parties to be funded from the public purse based on membership numbers.
3. Close the current Palace of Westminster and find a new location outside of London to build a modern replacement.
4. Scrap the House of Lords and relace with an elected second house.
5. Write and issue a bill of rights.
6. Scrap Trident and instead spend the money on conventional methods of defence.
7. Make it compulsory that Councils are to build new estates everyone to have a write to having a home.
8. Redistribution of some lands from very large land owners this includes the Church, Royalty, Landed Gentry and large multi corporations.
9. Issue ID cards to all citizens ensure this ties all the benifit systems including health national insurance tax pensions together do this properly and it will have a major effect in controlling fraud and misuse.
10. Reintroduce subsidies for micro generation plus restart tidal generation generation.
11. Adult training be that college, Universities or other to be free for essential jobs doctors, engineers, farming, scientists etc.
12. Public transport free to all massively increase cost to own and run cars

No. 8 is way, way left of centre, it appeals though.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I voted to leave but repeated attempts by the majority remain parliament have made that near impossible as they cannot accept the will of the people who voted out. A bit like yourself. The cluster has been caused by your ilk or bad losers

Wasn`t on the voting card that question. Just admit the chaos is caused by majority of Remain MP`s.

You're embarrassing yourselves.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think you'll find other nations won't leave because they realise it's a ****ing stupid idea.

Other nations don't have the complexities and history of the Irish border to consider as well as an international peace treaty relating to it, on top of a negotiation position boxed in from the start by fantasy little England red lines. We're the ones making it difficult for ourselves, nobody else.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE VAST MAJORITY OF LEAVE VOTERS DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION, DID YOU WANT A CUSTOMS UNION OR A HARD BORDER ? :wink:
dont know why you're shouting about this strawman argument as no one voted for either, the leave pitch was a new relationship and trading relations with the EU, as well you know.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
dont know why you're shouting about this strawman argument as no one voted for either, the leave pitch was a new relationship and trading relations with the EU, as well you know.

Leave had no clue what they were voting for. Still don’t.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

You are correct that no one voted for either, and incorrect, as one or the other is all but inevitable if we leave.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The leave pitch turns out to have been complete bollocks.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The shouting was a joke, if you read the earlier posts.

If the leave pitch was a new relationship and trading relations with the EU, regardless of a Customs Union or Hard Border, then it was a lie. It was always, and still is, a binary option and this has been known since long before the referendum.

You are right that no-one voted for either. But I think that voting leave without considering which of the two options you wanted could have been considered a little irresponsible, at best. I am constantly being told by people who voted leave that they knew what they voted for, but with two exceptions (Triggaaar and Gwylan) nobody who voted Leave on NSC has been able to tell me which of the two options they were voting for, even though they apparently knew all along ?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I don't think we have ever put the EU in a position to find out whether they would have made Brexit difficult or not. I'm not arguing that they may well have made it difficult, were they not reduced to the position of bemused bystanders by our totally British owned, Red, White and Blue Clusterf*** throughout the last three years.

But, regardless he didn't say that the EU have made Brexit difficult, did he ?

The actual statement that I said was stupid was 'even ardent Remainers admit / can see the EU made it incredibly hard simply by doing nothing' and I stand by that.

I'm not aware of any ardent Remainers who believe that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports