Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Yo must have this wrong. Leave voters have assured us there is no recession anywhere.

:dunce: we survived dur wor, we can survive brexit :dunce:

It's unfathomable how deluded many have been. I voted remain, i believe the best course of action is to revoke article 50, go back to the EU and apologise and see this as a blip in our history.

However, the worrying thing is despite being heavily involved in manufacturing sector for almost 2 years in a risk management capacity - you see how badly beaten up the economy has been. EU ETS can be a major source of income (and encourage action to reduce emissions, as less emissions = more credits to sell to heavier polluters). This going without an adequate replacement could have bad implications.

Hey oh, 'WTO rules are okay for me' - to which one must ask, what's your favourite rule :dunce:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:dunce: we survived dur wor, we can survive brexit :dunce:

It's unfathomable how deluded many have been. I voted remain, i believe the best course of action is to revoke article 50, go back to the EU and apologise and see this as a blip in our history.

However, the worrying thing is despite being heavily involved in manufacturing sector for almost 2 years in a risk management capacity - you see how badly beaten up the economy has been. EU ETS can be a major source of income (and encourage action to reduce emissions, as less emissions = more credits to sell to heavier polluters). This going without an adequate replacement could have bad implications.

Hey oh, 'WTO rules are okay for me' - to which one must ask, what's your favourite rule :dunce:

That argument always makes me laugh. "We made it through the war, we can make it through this". well, surely one of the things the war was notorious for was that actually a lot of people didn't make it through?

And yes, I agree. We need to just revoke now. Take our medicine and get on with life.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stephen Barclay hinting that the "flextension" now looking likely.

By legal default, on the 12th of Never, on our way.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
That argument always makes me laugh. "We made it through the war, we can make it through this". well, surely one of the things the war was notorious for was that actually a lot of people didn't make it through?

And yes, I agree. We need to just revoke now. Take our medicine and get on with life.

It is, however, a clear insight into the mindset of these people. That we're this besieged nation, fighting the oppressive dictatorship of the EU and we're nothing but a colony.

Whilst coming out with project names like, 'Empire 2.0'. The absurd hypocrisy is laughable, but frightening that this is the level of thinking these people have.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is, however, a clear insight into the mindset of these people. That we're this besieged nation, fighting the oppressive dictatorship of the EU and we're nothing but a colony.

Whilst coming out with project names like, 'Empire 2.0'. The absurd hypocrisy is laughable, but frightening that this is the level of thinking these people have.

It is frightening. The contempt for truth and reason is worrying. This leads to terrible, dark things. History tells us this time and time again.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
It is frightening. The contempt for truth and reason is worrying. This leads to terrible, dark things. History tells us this time and time again.

Well, we've seen this with the way our two party system has been revealed to be completely inadequate.

With Corbyn and McDonnell taking Labour more to the left, the moderates are being replaced.

With BlUKIP making its presence ever more obvious, the Tories are lurching even further to the right with the moderates being threatened with deselection. Not to mention, the far-right are gaining in confidence and far-right extremism is now a big threat.

Liberals are almost bankrupt and Change UK far too young to make any impact. Politics is so polarised, that the similarities between the Spartacus League and the NASDAP is a stark reminder that liberal democracy is under threat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He said the all leave voters are unable to answer a simple question.

Jeeez. That’s hardly an insult is it? And most leave voters are seemingly unable to answer his simple question.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

On our way!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’m sure she will get what she wants, let’s not forget she can be “bloody difficult” if she wants to be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jeeez. That’s hardly an insult is it?
It's repetitive and yes it is insulting to say that all 17 million are so stupid that they can't answer a simple question.

And most leave voters are seemingly unable to answer his simple question.
Well I can (and have many times) and I would hope most can. There are a few dodging the question here (for whatever reason, idk), but it's not helpful just to assume all leavers are the same - indeed that's kind of the point of the question in the first place, they're not all the same and wouldn't all want the same Brexit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't understand his argument 'enough, I give up'. But then I also don't agree with you that he needs to admit he got it wrong. Would anyone here say that the government have done a good job with Brexit? IMO it's the government that have got it wrong, more than the voters.

Think few would say the government have done a good job on Brexit, but they made the job impossible by setting red lines incompatible with the GFA. Once they did that it was either try and kick the can down the road (May's agreement). a border in the Irish sea (big issue for their Unionist bed fellows) or the disaster route that parliament would not allow.

Ferrari like much of the right press has joined the assault on the UK parliament, so now its easier for him to say "I give up" and look like a victim rather than admitting he didn't think it through when he voted Brexit.

Will any senior member of the Tory Brexit quarter ever just tell us the truth about Brexit??

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

The other pro of Brexit I like is that it won't be the end of the world. Sign me up then!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're doing yourself no favours with the repetitive insults. I won't follow your lead by putting all remainers into the same bucket.

Where was the insult ? I am simply asking each person who wants to leave whether they want the Customs Union or the Hard Border version of leave ?

(And not a single one has answered)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's repetitive and yes it is insulting to say that all 17 million are so stupid that they can't answer a simple question.

Well I can (and have many times) and I would hope most can. There are a few dodging the question here (for whatever reason, idk), but it's not helpful just to assume all leavers are the same - indeed that's kind of the point of the question in the first place, they're not all the same and wouldn't all want the same Brexit.

I think it was more a turn-of-phrase as opposed to the poster literally thinking every single leaver is refusing to answer the question. If I was to say “jeez, all Stephens does is pass the ball back” it does not mean I literally think every ball is backwards does it? As we all know he can pass sideways as well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Sorry, but I must have missed it Trig (and I didn't know you were a leave voter, pedantic I knew, but not what you voted :wink:)

and I believe I said

The only thing I have found that seems to unite all those that voted leave, is the inability to answer a simple question.

So, which did you vote for, Customs Union or Hard Border ?

Which (I know is a little pedantic :)) but is a completely accurate view 'of my findings' and didn't call anyone stupid. It was you who used the word Stupid.

So what did you vote for Customs Union or Hard Border, and I will gladly admit I was wrong because my experience will then be that not ALL leave voters are avoiding the question. Just the vast majority :shrug:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Think you’re taking his phrase literally. He wasn’t insulting leavers.
Unlike me. I think they’re a bunch of ****ing braindead idiots.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think few would say the government have done a good job on Brexit
When you say 'few', you mean none, right?
but they made the job impossible by setting red lines incompatible with the GFA.
Yep, so you agree with me, that the government have messed it up.
Ferrari like much of the right press has joined the assault on the UK parliament, so now its easier for him to say "I give up" and look like a victim rather than admitting he didn't think it through when he voted Brexit.
But it's not that he didn't think it through - just because the government have completely messed it up, doesn't mean that it wasn't possible for something better to have been done.

Will any senior member of the Tory Brexit quarter ever just tell us the truth about Brexit??
:lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think that's why we've progressed so far, with levelled, rounded discussion and debate.

Ah, I’ve given up on rounded debate on this thread. It’s all ****ed and we will never fully recover from this shambles. It’s not a thread to be taken particularly seriously anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here