Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I heard the one of the senior journos from The Sun previewing the rag on the all-nighter Radio 5 programme. It was clear that he was totally confused (and I mean confused - he clearly didn't understand the Brexit issues). Perhaps he was just pissed. It occurred to me that a significant percentage of the population - mainly Leavers - get their opinions re-enforced by goons like this. Worrying.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
leave means leave, Cooper , Letwin ,Grieve hang your heads in shame people don't forget
regards
DR

... and what kind of leave would you like? Is it the same as other 'Leavers'? How do you know, when the options weren't stipulated in the 2016 referendum?

...or did you forget?

Jan 30, 2008
... and what kind of leave would you like? Is it the same as other 'Leavers'? How do you know, when the option wasn't stipulated in the 2016 referendum?

...or did you forget?
stop sucking your thumb, as i said leave means leave, as the people voted
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Patronising Remainer assumes Leave voters always believe anything they are told 'shock' ... I voted to leave the EU, how is that an unimplementable fantasy?

The unimplementable fantasy was the Brexit promised to the public, the full cream 'have our cake and eat it' version which was never ever going to be available, the one that would offer frictionless trade with the EU, access to the single market and the freedom to crack deals round the world to our huge benefit. The only Brexits that could be guaranteed were the two at the opposite extremes of the spectrum. All May has achieved in two years' negotiating is a deal within close waving distance of one of them.

Imagine a situation where an Elon Musk type figure announces to the country that he is producing a brilliant new car that uses no fuel, charges overnight, is dead cheap and available right now.

People listen to his pitch and say... 'm'mmm, that sounds a deal. I'm going to sign up for one of those now.'

A couple of weeks later the old rogue comes back and says... 'Well actually I don't have a car that can do all those things. I just made it up. However, I can give you a car that uses no fuel, but it is very expensive. And if you don't fancy that I can give you a car that's dead cheap and available now, but it's just a boring old diesel.

'What? you want to reconsider your order? You've got to be joking. You ordered a CAR didn't you? That's what I'm offering you. Stop trying to wriggle out of it you, you, whining loon.'

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
i can only offer the facts LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

What FACTS do you have? What do you want from leaving the EU? Your attitude is strident but I don't get any idea of what you see as advantages? No good just chucking out the same old slogans if you haven't got any idea what it may entail...... I am sure you would agree, this isn't a game - and many people will be affected by the decisions made over the next few weeks.

Jan 30, 2008
The unimplementable fantasy was the Brexit promised to the public, the full cream 'have our cake and eat it' version which was never ever going to be available, the one that would offer frictionless trade with the EU, access to the single market and the freedom to crack deals round the world to our huge benefit. The only Brexits that could be guaranteed were the two at the opposite extremes of the spectrum. All May has achieved in two years' negotiating is a deal within close waving distance of one of them.

Imagine a situation where an Elon Musk type figure announces to the country that he is producing a brilliant new car that uses no fuel, charges overnight, is dead cheap and available right now.

People listen to his pitch and say... 'm'mmm, that sounds a deal. I'm going to sign up for one of those now.'

A couple of weeks later the old rogue comes back and says... 'Well actually I don't have a car that can do all those things. I just made it up. However, I can give you a car that uses no fuel, but it is very expensive. And if you don't fancy that I can give you a car that's dead cheap and available now, but it's just a boring old diesel.

'What? you want to reconsider your order? You've got to be joking. You ordered a CAR didn't you? That's what I'm offering you. Stop trying to wriggle out of it you, you, whining loon.'
IT WAS ON THE TABLE, unfortunately scummy politicians have tried every trick in the book to scupper the vote treating people WHO WENT OUT AND VOTED LEAVE with utter contempt . will be interesting to see how this pans out
regards
DR

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
IT WAS ON THE TABLE, unfortunately scummy politicians have tried every trick in the book to scupper the vote treating people WHO WENT OUT AND VOTED LEAVE with utter contempt . will be interesting to see how this pans out
regards
DR

What FACTS do you have? What do you want from leaving the EU? Your attitude is strident but I don't get any idea of what you see as advantages? No good just chucking out the same old slogans if you haven't got any idea what it may entail...... I am sure you would agree, this isn't a game - and many people will be affected by the decisions made over the next few weeks.

Jan 30, 2008
FFS get a grip , i think i've made myself quite clear on the subject ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
teaming up with cooper he's a wrong un
regards
DR
Yes, maybe, but an MP who has voted each time FOR brexit nevertheless.

"I still hope even at this last moment ... that those of my colleagues who have not been backing the prime minister .. may change their minds and the prime minister might get a deal over the line on Thursday or Friday. If she does, no one would be happier than I am," Letwin told BBC radio

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here