Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, there is a strong remain bias. As demonstrated by hiding away a piece of information potentially of interest to leavers in the middle of a huge thread which many people - leave and remain, I suspect - can't be bothered to look at any more.

Your apparently bigoted view of Brexiteers does you no credit - to label Brexiteers as being in favour of innocent people dying is - to use your own phrase. "***ing disgusting".

Nope - I never said that. If we end up with a soft Brexit, I’ll be sad but I’ll cope.

I clearly referred specifically to No Deal Brexit. Being in support of No Deal Brexit is to tacitly support the death of innocent British people. I apologise if these facts offend you, yet it concerns me hugely if that offends you more than people supporting the death of innocent British people.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
A 20% sample is a pretty high percentage for a poll. A lot higher than many polls, I suspect. Seriously, do you really believe it isn't likely to be quite representative?

No, given that it is a self-selected sample (i.e it's the 600 NSC members who were sufficiently interested in the topic to be bothered to read the thread, and vote on the poll), it's extremely unlikely to be representative of the population (NSC members), because of selection bias. Whether that lack of representativeness is likely to skew it towards remainers or leavers can't be established a priori, but basic knowledge of sample survey and polling methodology would tell you that a 20% self-selected sample is very unlikely to be representative of the population.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Couldn't agree more with Ken Clarke's opening of the debate. I'd trust him over many of his colleagues every day of the week.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Richard Drax MP has been speaking in the House. Three days ago he voted for Theresa May's deal. He now "profoundly regrets his actions and wishes he could vote again".

He wishes to change his vote from three days ago. However, he also believes that the British people should not be permitted to express the changing of their mind from three years ago.
He of the glorious name :

Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The House of Commons has turned into an NSC-like House of Pun...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Public protest in the gallery

[tweet]1112755997918011392[/tweet]

Nobody is removing the protestors so Kyle is playing his speech for laughs.

Soubry intervenes. "What a great sight she is focusing in front of me," Kyle replies, "much more so than the peripheral vision that was tempting my eyes elsewhere. "
But then he says: "The bottom line is..." and it all falls apart. Lots of laughter.
Followed by " The naked truth is..."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two nudists appear to have glued their hands, and possibly buttocks, to the security glass. Police using some kind of spray to try and loosen them.

All nudists now successfully removed, but security glass still covered with smudges

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No, there is a strong remain bias. As demonstrated by hiding away a piece of information potentially of interest to leavers in the middle of a huge thread which many people - leave and remain, I suspect - can't be bothered to look at any more.

Your apparently bigoted view of Brexiteers does you no credit - to label Brexiteers as being in favour of innocent people dying is - to use your own phrase. "***ing disgusting".
More conspiracy theory mentalism. Calm down and have a day off man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here