Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They called the Election because they didn't like the result in 2015? Really?

My take was to try and give her a longer, stronger go at Brexit, not because she was having a hissy fit and throwing her rattle out over the result in 2015.

It well and truly backfired.

She had a slender majority (5?) and wanted to increase it, but completely misread the mood of the country and lost a load of seats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They're on NSC. I reckon that could be sufficient evidence for a pretty good guess as to the majority opinion!

Now that is really stretching the imagination. Honestly. Some of them don't live in Sussex, let alone Brighton, and will have issues with their own locality, and jobs etc. You cannot say everyone on Nsc thinks the same way. It's ludicrous.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They called the Election because they didn't like the result in 2015? Really?

My take was to try and give her a longer, stronger go at Brexit, not because she was having a hissy fit and throwing her rattle out over the result in 2015.

It well and truly backfired.

The reason they called it is irrelevant, they wanted a particular political outcome so called another General Election 2 years from the previous.

That is what democracy is. They were entitled to do that and see how much of the public had changed their mind in those 2 years.

As you say, it well and truly backfired because as it happened much of the public had changed their minds (as they are prone to do...).

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Kate Hoey having her bash now

Kate.JPG

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The reason they called it is irrelevant, they wanted a particular political outcome so called another General Election 2 years from the previous.

That is what democracy is. They were entitled to do that and see how much of the public had changed their mind in those 2 years.

As you say, it well and truly backfired because as it happened much of the public had changed their minds (as they are prone to do...).

But wasn't it agreed in Parliament by 6/1 to honour the result? That has never been carried out.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i see we have a new poll … can someone define what we mean by remain and what we mean by leave please
additionally i would love to vote but will almost certainly be denied the opportunity

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now that is really stretching the imagination. Honestly. Some of them don't live in Sussex, let alone Brighton, and will have issues with their own locality, and jobs etc. You cannot say everyone on Nsc thinks the same way. It's ludicrous.

73% to 24% (see poll result at top of the page) isn't evidence enough for you? It's a 3 to 1 chance that anybody you speak to on NSC is a remainer.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But wasn't it agreed in Parliament by 6/1 to honour the result? That has never been carried out.

Parliament legislated to leave. It didn't agree how to leave. This is a failure of government not Parliament. I think it is important to make that distinction.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
73% to 24% (see poll result at top of the page) isn't evidence enough for you? It's a 3 to 1 chance that anybody you speak to on NSC is a remainer.

A 3 to 1 chance, if you are speaking to one of the 600 of NSC's 3,000+ active users who have voted on that poll

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Denial of what ? Read my previous posts. I'm very pragmatic about the whole thing and confident in the belief that your view of the world is very very much in the minority in this country. We are better than that.

You need to separate why people voted leave from certain politicians (and yourself) you have a very different agenda. Getting rid of the EU (which I can't stand) is a means to an end.

History will look back at the alt-right as a failure. It simply feeds on discontent.

I don't really know what you are talking about. I don't have an agenda. I don't know why you bring up the so called "alt-right".

I assume you mean that you are confident that my view (that we should leave?) is a minority view? Strange because we had a referendum and leave recieved the majority of votes.

Anyway, when I said you were in denial, I meant about this article you (seemed?) to mock. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19300051

It's true. They are correct.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The 4 amendments have been selected:

C - Customs union
D - Common market 2.0
E - Confirmatory public vote
G - Revoking article 50 in the face of no-deal Brexit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here