Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And now,back in the real world:-

u turn.jpg

Is this bloke a closet,or even closest,racist? :lolol:

D

Deleted member 22389

And now,back in the real world:-

attachment.php

Is this bloke a closet,or even closest,racist? :lolol:

Bloody xenophobes. Finally they admit it, but can do **** all about it. Labour think that is enough to get people to change from Leave to Remain, they are living on a different planet.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Closet foreign haters? My mum is Italian came to this country in 1964, but I am voting Leave. There are lots of migrants voting Leave as well, more than you think. Are they foreign haters as well?
Well yes they must be Shirley? Would you let your mum over if she wanted to come now?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well yes they must be Shirley? Would you let your mum over if she wanted to come now?

I'm glad the Italians come over btw , its my most favourite food, then Indian, then Mexican..

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Closet foreign haters? My mum is Italian came to this country in 1964, but I am voting Leave. There are lots of migrants voting Leave as well, more than you think. Are they foreign haters as well?

You (and they) may not HATE foreigners, but surely you can see the irony in now voting Leave. Effectively you are saying it's alright for me and my relatives to live and work here, but in the future we don't want any more immigrants. The supreme ironists are the Chair of the Vote Leave Campaign (German!), the leader of UKIP (2nd wife German, 1st wife Irish), and even the leader of the Leave campaign himself (Turkish antecedents). These three (especially the latter two) have done a huge amount to stoke up anti-immigrant feelings, when their (or their spouses) presence in the UK is a result of our historic openness to immigration.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Starting to wonder if all the leavers are just closest foreign haters, I for one have white friends, black friends, a friend from Scotland, Greece, Romania and Poland, all of them work, maybe I should be voting IN just for them

I have a mixture as well, they all work, as well. Have you ever asked them if they think that this country needs to control immigration?, many of the Eastern Europeans that i work alongside think that enough is enough..... you work alongside your Dad i know, perhaps ask a few of your mates that work daily alongside other nationalities, many have similar views to a lot of us.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Starting to wonder if all the leavers are just closest foreign haters, I for one have white friends, black friends, a friend from Scotland....maybe I should be voting IN just for them

He's got white friends, black friends...even a friend from Scotland. Incredible to believe anyone can be that cosmopolitan.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have a mixture as well, they all work, as well. Have you ever asked them if they think that this country needs to control immigration?, many of the Eastern Europeans that i work alongside think that enough is enough..... you work alongside your Dad i know, perhaps ask a few of your mates that work daily alongside other nationalities, many have similar views to a lot of us.
Yes I think everyone thinks we need controls, but the whole system needs changing, whether we stay or leave people will still come, as someone else stated, if we leave MORE people might come when the French don't bother stopping them on their side..

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Britain’s stock market has hit a new three-month low as Brexit worries sweep through the City. As Graeme Wearden reports, the blue-chip FTSE 100 index has closed down 121 points at 5923, its lowest level since late February, and its fourth day of heavy falls. That wipes around £30bn off its value. The Footsie has now shed 378 points since the start of trading on Thursday, when Brexit fears began to mount.That means a staggering £98bn has been wiped off the value of Britain’s biggest companies in four trading days.

Imagine the absolute carnage that will unfold if we actually leave, while on current projections inside the EU we are set to become the largest economy in Europe.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes I think everyone thinks we need controls, but the whole system needs changing, whether we stay or leave people will still come, as someone else stated, if we leave MORE people might come when the French don't bother stopping them on their side..

All I'm trying to say is the MAIN issues won't be addressed whether we stay or leave, we are run by a government that favours the wealthy REMEMBER?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I keep hearing this theory WD, if it keeps being stated it must be true. If we come out and the French don't bother stopping them, then our borders can close and any that make it here illegally can be returned, we will not be under EU laws or their rules.

D

Deleted member 22389

You (and they) may not HATE foreigners, but surely you can see the irony in now voting Leave. Effectively you are saying it's alright for me and my relatives to live and work here, but in the future we don't want any more immigrants. The supreme ironists are the Chair of the Vote Leave Campaign (German!), the leader of UKIP (2nd wife German, 1st wife Irish), and even the leader of the Leave campaign himself (Turkish antecedents). These three (especially the latter two) have done a huge amount to stoke up anti-immigrant feelings, when their (or their spouses) presence in the UK is a result of our historic openness to immigration.

When my mum came to this country immigration wasn't running 330,000+ people a year, we had thousands of jobs, the economy was completely different to what it is now. We need to have some restrictions so it works for everyone. My dad was British.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I keep hearing this theory WD, if it keeps being stated it must be true. If we come out and the French don't bother stopping them, then our borders can close and any that make it here illegally can be returned, we will not be under EU laws or their rules.
Can't see it happening, what will the French say when we drop them back off on their coast??

D

Deleted member 22389

Britain’s stock market has hit a new three-month low as Brexit worries sweep through the City. As Graeme Wearden reports, the blue-chip FTSE 100 index has closed down 121 points at 5923, its lowest level since late February, and its fourth day of heavy falls. That wipes around £30bn off its value. The Footsie has now shed 378 points since the start of trading on Thursday, when Brexit fears began to mount.That means a staggering £98bn has been wiped off the value of Britain’s biggest companies in four trading days.

Imagine that absolute carnage that will unfold if we actually leave.

Yes only to go back up again, people makes lots of money out of it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Can't see it happening, what will the French say when we drop them back off on their coast??

They can say what they like, these migrants have traveled across many countries, the French could stop them before they reach Calais......err oh no they can not EU rules....which we won't be in, hopefully.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

We will still adhere to EU rules and regulations as part of of our deal to sit at the child's table in exchange for access to our biggest and more important market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here