Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Thats because its not adequate, if you intend to work and live here long term or even jobseek you should have a visa and permission to do that. We should know who is intending to enter the work place and who intends to live here long term. If you simply want to come here for a few months, hang out with your family and have a bit of a jolly where you have no intention of working or remaining long term then the visa waiver system allows for this, the duration allowance of which is dependant on your nationality. Which bit of this are your struggling to understand.

pasta - lovely idea this having people from all over the world have visas to come and work here etc, etc as part of your global immigration policy that you'd like. A couple of practical issues though:

Outside of The EU, most of the rest of the world is made up of developing countries. I appreciate some of those countries already have visa free travel to The UK, such as Botswana and Namibia and some don't such as Pakistan and Bangladesh. There's many problems developing countries all have and share, but 2 problems in particular are poverty and corruption. Poverty the world over leads to crime and corruption just makes it more easy to do. Even in countries that are deemed to be less corrupt than others, such as Namibia and Botswana, if you were arrested for drink driving prior to Christmas for example, no matter how drunk you were, you'd just pay the arresting officer off in the form of a bribe and everyone's happy.

I find this intriguing that Batswana nationals now enjoy visa free travel to The UK now. It's a recent change. Like British nationals travelling to the US with criminal convictions, Batswana nationals are supposed to apply for a visa at The British High Commission if they have one, but there's no way they or The Border Force here would ultimately have a clue if someone did. Then again it would be similar issue with actually applying for a visa to work here - The BPS at Central Police Station in Gaborone, located at the bottom of Queens Road in Main Mall from the rather shabby, run down British High Commission building at the other end, would just issue a 'PCC' showing no criminal convictions with no problems and if there were, you'd be amazed at what doors can open for you by passing over a few extra Pula banknotes. As Botswana is deemed to be relatively corrupt free both in African and global developing country terms, I do wonder what practices go on elsewhere, such as in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Still, global Britain post Brexit - less Polish and Belgians, more Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. :thumbsup:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thats because its not adequate, if you intend to work and live here long term or even jobseek you should have a visa and permission to do that. We should know who is intending to enter the work place and who intends to live here long term. If you simply want to come here for a few months, hang out with your family and have a bit of a jolly where you have no intention of working or remaining long term then the visa waiver system allows for this, the duration allowance of which is dependant on your nationality. Which bit of this are your struggling to understand.

You were concerned that we could not tell if someone had been here 3 months and was not working, but now you seem concerned if they are?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That's what they're finding hard to understand. Or should that be accept?

Can't speak for the rest, but what I am struggling to understand is what problems you think will be resolved, or benefits gained, by doing it?

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
I must have said this three times now, but no I did NOT say Floella Benjamin arrived on The Windrush. I've even searched NSC to find evidence of saying something similar, and guess what - it isn't there.

Therefore I must assume [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] is right - you probably are a racist as well as a complete simpleton. :dunce:

I can't tell for sure whether 2p is an overt racist but he certainly has written some careless comments on the matter; equally alarming is his short term memory loss and/or selective recall. He cannot seem to remember many of his most contentious remarks. Amnesia or something worse?

Last edited:

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Can't speak for the rest, but what I am struggling to understand is what problems you think will be resolved, or benefits gained, by doing it?

Well, I am equally at a loss about what he thinks will be better.... I await a cogent response.....

Come on melia's shoes, make out the case!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I must have said this three times now, but no I did NOT say Floella Benjamin arrived on The Windrush. I've even searched NSC to find evidence of saying something similar, and guess what - it isn't there.

Therefore I must assume [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] is right - you probably are a racist as well as a complete simpleton. :dunce:

You were posting in support of a Twitter champion who constantly posts drivel from that idiot's playground.Given recent events,perhaps you ought to cut back on the abuse and start acting like an adult.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I can't tell for sure whether 2p is an overt racist but he certainly has written some careless comments on the matter; equally alarming is his short term memory loss and/or selective recall. He cannot seem to remember many of his most contentious remarks. Amnesia or something worse?

folderoll.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You were posting in support of a Twitter champion who constantly posts drivel from that idiot's playground.Given recent events,perhaps you ought to cut back on the abuse and start acting like an adult.
So in other words, what you're saying is that I DIDN'T say it, I just misinterpreted someone else's tweet? But you said I was "adamant Floella Benjamin had arrived on that ship". Tit.

And you're in no position to be taking the moral high ground on this thread because you're an absolute moron, as demonstrated by your flippancy over the concept of serial rapists escaping to the European mainland being a good idea as long as they stay there.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hello.

[TWEET]1082977384821854208[/TWEET]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[TWEET]1082934761054720000[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1082936908408414208[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1082938744431362048[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1082936703147483136[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1082935234696544256[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1082936201726885888[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1082939039265763328[/TWEET]

No wonder the Government is starting to get cold feet about loss of life in the event of No Deal.
There will be court cases about this one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here