Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many a true word spoken in jest!

One of these weird Remain diatribes quoted on here says Brexiters have a 'neuralgic obsession'-why can't these people speak English,instead of gibberish?

Planning to replace national languages with compulsory Esperanto for all once the Brits have finally surrendered and voted to remain?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is bizarre! The fact that we are an open economy is the fault of the EU!! Overseas investment in the UK is a GOOD thing - it demonstrates that we have assets worth buying - but it's a two-way street (we invest around FOUR times as much in overseas companies as foreign companies invest in the UK).

The list above is just a small illustration of the fact that we live in a Global marketplace now. Unfortunately (as illustrated by your post), Leavers want to return to the pre-Industrial Age (having carefully pulled up the drawbridge and told the rest of the world to f*ck off).
Wow! Poster in total denial alert!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm putting you down as a 'Leave' voter then!!!

Then you would be wrong, I judge all politicians the same, i'm neither red, blue or orange in my judgement of those who manipulate, deceive and divert. Blair, Brown and Major have had their time and deceive only themselves believing they have any relevance or something new to bring to this referendum debate. As for those who turn and target their bedfellows, if they would knife their colleagues, who they know, how do you think they would approach the likes of us commoners. I'm reminded of the lines of one of my favourite songs by the JAM, 'Little Boy Soldiers'.

' Its funny how you never knew what my name was,
our only contact was a form for the election,
these days I find that I can't be bothered
these days I find that its, all too much'

If you read my post properly you would see that it objects to the sly politicians and the desperate measures that they will stoop to in order to obtain our vote. They may consider themselves intellectually superior, but in essence they are lesser than a great majority of the population, without morals or scruples.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Then you would be wrong, I judge all politicians the same, i'm neither red, blue or orange in my judgement of those who manipulate, deceive and divert. Blair, Brown and Major have had their time and deceive only themselves believing they have any relevance or something new to bring to this referendum debate. As for those who turn and target their bedfellows, if they would knife their colleagues, who they know, how do you think they would approach the likes of us commoners. I'm reminded of the lines of one of my favourite songs by the JAM, 'Little Boy Soldiers'.

If you read my post properly you would see that it objects to the sly politicians and the desperate measures that they will stoop to in order to obtain our vote. They may consider themselves intellectually superior, but in essence they are lesser than a great majority of the population, without morals or scruples.

Apologies then but I only came to the conclusion based on the fact that every politician you referenced was part of the Remain camp. Not one reference to the Leave leaders and their relentless lies about pretty much everything!!!

Still, whatever way you vote, just make sure you vote.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is how the eu works for uk jobs, industries and economy, ask the undecideds to remember this when voting.

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, I've looked and I just can't. If you think the EU is a good idea,
1/ You haven't read the party manifesto of The European Peoples' Party.
2/ You haven't had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don't care.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How much of that would be stopped if we were outside of the EU? The decision to move was made by the Companies owners, not the EU!!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Great post[emoji106]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Apologies then but I only came to the conclusion based on the fact that every politician you referenced was part of the Remain camp. Not one reference to the Leave leaders and their relentless lies about pretty much everything!!!

Still, whatever way you vote, just make sure you vote.
Yes make sure you vote, even if you couldn't care less/ can't decide on what batch of lies to believe/ don't think anything will change, you have to vote!
8b02f905af4d9fd02e94ba2c4668af4d.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
EU referendum: leave campaign takes six-point lead in Guardian/ICM polls

Support for leaving the EU is strengthening, with both phone and online surveys reporting a six-point lead, according to a new pair of Guardian/ICM polls.

Leave now enjoys a 53%-47% advantage once “don’t knows” are excluded, according to the research conducted over the weekend compared with a 52%-48% split reported by ICM a fortnight ago.

The figures will make grim reading for David Cameron, George Osborne and the Labour party. They follow a fortnight in which immigration became the dominant issue in the European campaign with the publication of official figures recording that net migration had risen to a near-record 333,000 in the year’s second quarter.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
How much of that would be stopped if we were outside of the EU? The decision to move was made by the Companies owners, not the EU!!!!
...another if/but/maybe from a Remainer... who knows mate, I deal in what is,... not what may be.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Dave and his gang have done themselves no favours over the last week, insulting Boris, threatening pensions when they are ring fenced.
If the liar wants to save money if there is a Brexit, then cut foreign aid for a start.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
After the spectacular failure of opinion polls at the general election, their credibility as an accurate forecasting tool isn't quite what it once was from my perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here