Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

NET £8.4 billion per year ( I repeat.. NET).... it's a matter of record what we pay in...... why is that a lie?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NET £8.4 billion per year, paid to an organistation that has failed, is unreformable and undemocratic, it's why a vote to Leave is the best thing we could ever do for this country.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You must have missed the Arsenal one. :)

Loving the fact you've run out of an argument so have to dissect a basic analogy be it good or bad just to stay in the thread :lolol:

At least we're giving each other a good laugh. :thumbsup:

You're fighting on numerous fronts on this thread so I'll let you off this one son.

It's ok. We've all been in the position where we've been too proud to admit we made a cock up.

Unlucky fella. Perhaps you should take some time off the keyboard for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure which way to go yet but does anyone really believe that this country with its economy will go to hell in a handcart if we leave, of course it won't, it will be different and major adjustments will need to be made which will take time.
My worry is that we don't have the MPs to sort it out for the good of the country while they are so busy in fighting and only considering their own needs.
An out vote will lead to a period of major carnage in the Government but they should be working on the countries needs from day one if we leave.
Ignorance PS. If we do leave are we out almost straight away or is there a long period of time before we walk. I have not looked into that one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
NET £8.4 billion per year ( I repeat.. NET).... it's a matter of record what we pay in...... why is that a lie?

Where did I say that that is a lie? What I was referring to is the headline hitting figure of £350m a week that Brexit keep throwing into every interview? That equates to £18b a year. A big difference. Why don't they just say about £160m a week?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You're fighting on numerous fronts on this thread so I'll let you off this one son.

It's ok. We've all been in the position where we've been too proud to admit we made a cock up.

Unlucky fella. Perhaps you should take some time off the keyboard for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What If I said there was more chance or the Premier League sharing their money with the FL than there is of the EU reforming ,

would that placate you? :)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Not sure which way to go yet but does anyone really believe that this country with its economy will go to hell in a handcart if we leave, of course it won't, it will be different and major adjustments will need to be made which will take time.
My worry is that we don't have the MPs to sort it out for the good of the country while they are so busy in fighting and only considering their own needs.
An out vote will lead to a period of major carnage in the Government but they should be working on the countries needs from day one if we leave.
Ignorance PS. If we do leave are we out almost straight away or is there a long period of time before we walk. I have not looked into that one.
2 year transition period whilst deals and arrangements are put in place... a bit of pain for a long term gain in my view.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Yes, I'm certain it will.

But the sun will still come up, we'll survive ( poorer ), and life will go on.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
What I am worried about if we leave is that this nasty very right wing Tory government will roll back the protections and rights for workers and citizens to allow their rich corporate buddies to exploit and abuse the labour force to make bigger profits. It is a very big danger and the main reason why I have moved back to be a Remain In voter.

The EU needs reforming but we shouldn't ditch it because we will all get exploited by Cameron, Osborne, Johnson and co even more than we already are.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What I am worried about if we leave is that this nasty very right wing Tory government will roll back the protections and rights for workers and citizens to allow their rich corporate buddies to exploit and abuse the labour force to make bigger profits. It is a very big danger and the main reason why I have moved back to be a Remain In voter.

The EU needs reforming but we shouldn't ditch it because we will all get exploited by Cameron, Osborne, Johnson and co even more than we already are.

I think if all that did happen the electorate would vote them out wouldn't they? Its what usually happens to unpopular governments.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The difference is Corbyn listens, then speaks/acts. Osbornes speaks/acts, realises he's made a hash of things, then back pedals. Very different.

Rubbish - he's been anti-EU the whole time he's been in parliament ( for decades ) yet all of a sudden he changes his mind because his listening ? Really ? Before becoming leader he rebelled almost more times than any other Labour MP.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Jesus christ.... why do you get up in the morning..?... your world of conspiracy and make believe must be a very scary place.

You know that not everything you hear in the student union bar is fact.... don't you?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Watford then.

Does that work for you? :facepalm:

Its a fairly simple analogy, even for you. Its an EASY it will never happen analogy.

Let me know if you cant grasp it, I'll try and simplify it even more.

The problem with the Remain posters, said Cunning Fergus or Pastifarian or someone, is that they are so PATRONISING.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Rubbish - he's been anti-EU the whole time he's been in parliament ( for decades ) yet all of a sudden he changes his mind because his listening ? Really ? Before becoming leader he rebelled almost more times than any other Labour MP.

Except, he did say during the leadership election that he favoured staying in.

In a statement released to the Guardian, Corbyn said: “Labour should set out its own clear position to influence negotiations, working with our European allies to set out a reform agenda to benefit ordinary Europeans across the continent. We cannot be content with the state of the EU as it stands. But that does not mean walking away, but staying to fight together for a better Europe.”
(emphasis mine)

Source dated 28 July 2015.

I think part of the problem here is that rather than listening to what Corbyn actually says, people are listening to what the right-wing media claims he says.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

He may be very well anti EU in its current guise but still thinks its better to stay in the EU to work on the reforms he thinks it needs, than leave altogether?

In addition there would be some aspects of it in its current guise that he does agree with and think are good.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Of course Corbyn's recent u turn after a lifetime of Eurosceptic opposition has nothing to do with Labour Party management/unity issues/future job prospects ... in the same way Boris supports Brexit decision had absolutely nothing to do with his future job prospects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here