Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are you suggesting that a nation which has won two world wars is going to run away from a challenge with the EU? Surely the UK is better than this? Do people really believe the UK is unable to influence the EU? I thought the Uk was better than this.

Make your mind up, you've been insinuating the UK are a busted flush and need to be hanging on to the coat tails of the EU and be thankful for it.

You're right though, the UK is better than this, better than the bloated broken EU programme of failure. we'll be even stronger without being tied to and dragged down by being in the EU.

On the flip side, if it was Germany leaving would you think Germany was now a country in the trade wilderness who would be bullied into anything a UK/France led EU told them to do if they wanted to trade?

Nope.

More like a strong Germany who could dictate its own path in the world whilst a severely weakened EU, a pretty economically broke EU now trying to be propped up by Britain and France would suffer quite badly.

We're just seen as one of the 3 cash cows, if we leave Germany mainly will have to foot the bill.

The EU won't reform though, there is a super plan in place and they wont deviate from it. They just wont.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Walsall aren't in the Premier League, so it is nothing like that at all.

That really was an appalling analogy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watford then.

Does that work for you? :facepalm:

Its a fairly simple analogy, even for you. Its an EASY it will never happen analogy.

Let me know if you cant grasp it, I'll try and simplify it even more.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's widely acknowledged by all sides that the net figure is £23m per day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Even if it's 23 million pounds a day it is still too much money to be paying, when we have so many problems in this country to deal with.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If we weren't already in the 'gang'... and our referendum in June was about would we want to join the EU now, I know exactly which way the vote would go.

D

Deleted member 22389

If we weren't already in the 'gang'... and our referendum in June was about would we want to join the EU now, I know exactly which way the vote would go.

Absolutely no way.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nothing of the sort. Walsall aren't, never have been, and, in all probability for the foreseable future, will not be members of the Premier League. If you had compared it to Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea, ie one of the big five, then your comment would have more credibility.

Ok, so the Arsenal chairman goes to the other 19 Chairman and says ''I know, we should reform the League. Lets share our billions with all the lower leagues''

They all look at him and go ....................:laugh:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Watford then.

Does that work for you? :facepalm:

Its a fairly simple analogy, even for you. Its an EASY it will never happen analogy.

Let me know if you cant grasp it, I'll try and simplify it even more.

It's a shit analogy because Premier League clubs don't support one another.

I'm not aware that they have special trade agreements or freedom of movement. I'm not aware of them creating policy that affects the game on the pitch.

I'm not aware of the EU negotiating a TV agreement and sharing the cash amongst the countries.

I'm not even aware of who Watford or Walsall are in your analogy.

It is so shockingly shit that it is in a premier league of its own class of shit.

It's so bad I am actually delighted you wrote it as I am laughing my arse off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ok, so the Arsenal chairman goes to the other 19 Chairman and says ''I know, we should reform the League. Lets share our billions with all the lower leagues''

They all look at him and go ....................:laugh:

It remains a stupid analogy. The big five don't contribute the bulk of the budget to the Premier League.

Try coming up with something better.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
.............also just to add, in the world of EU politics, Jeremy Corbyn is about the size of Walsall when it comes to influence. :lol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It remains a stupid analogy. The big five don't contribute the bulk of the budget to the Premier League.

Try coming up with something better.

Ok, I'll do a ''Simple for the divs'' version later :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Make your mind up, you've been insinuating the UK are a busted flush and need to be hanging on to the coat tails of the EU and be thankful for it.

You're right though, the UK is better than this, better than the bloated broken EU programme of failure. we'll be even stronger without being tied to and dragged down by being in the EU.

On the flip side, if it was Germany leaving would you think Germany was now a country in the trade wilderness who would be bullied into anything a UK/France led EU told them to do if they wanted to trade?

Nope.

More like a strong Germany who could dictate its own path in the world whilst a severely weakened EU, a pretty economically broke EU now trying to be propped up by Britain and France would suffer quite badly.

We're just seen as one of the 3 cash cows, if we leave Germany mainly will have to foot the bill.

The EU won't reform though, there is a super plan in place and they wont deviate from it. They just wont.

Ifs and buts.....a typical "out" argument.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Even if it's 23 million pounds a day it is still too much money to be paying, when we have so many problems in this country to deal with.

That is of course the net cost but what is impossible to measure is the benefit to the economy whether that be through companies locating here and the jobs associated with that.

And, of course, why don't Brexit use the correct figure instead of peddling a lie. Doesn't make sense.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's a shit analogy because Premier League clubs don't support one another.

I'm not aware that they have special trade agreements or freedom of movement. I'm not aware of them creating policy that affects the game on the pitch.

I'm not aware of the EU negotiating a TV agreement and sharing the cash amongst the countries.

I'm not even aware of who Watford or Walsall are in your analogy.

It is so shockingly shit that it is in a premier league of its own class of shit.

It's so bad I am actually delighted you wrote it as I am laughing my arse off.

:facepalm:

I thought you were a bit simple, but had no idea you were this thick.

Premier League sharing their money - ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING

Corbyn reforming the EU - ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING

The UK reforming the EU - ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING

I hope you get it this time, I think I'd struggle to make it even simpler.

If not, ask one of your teachers to help you with it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
.............also just to add, in the world of EU politics, Jeremy Corbyn is about the size of Walsall when it comes to influence. :lol:

Is this the level of Brexit rhetoric? Exactly how influential in the EU is Gisela Stuart?

Edit: In fact how influential is Gisela Stuart in UK politics? Who had heard of her before this debate????

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ifs and buts.....a typical "out" argument.
Odd statement considering the entire IN argument is based on the guess that there will be carnage in the economy if we leave. .... guessing and subjective opinion.

The OUT campaign at least talks about 2 key facts... 1) We are losing more and more democracy to the EU and 2) the UK pays a net £23m per day into that system.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
:facepalm:

I thought you were a bit simple, but had no idea you were this thick.

Premier League sharing their money - ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING

Corbyn reforming the EU - ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING

The UK reforming the EU - ZERO CHANCE OF HAPPENING

I hope you get it this time, I think I'd struggle to make it even simpler.

If not, ask one of your teachers to help you with it.

You are hilarious.

By all means repeat your beliefs, but please return to my observation. Your analogy was shit.

According to you the UK is Walsall or Watford.

To put that into perspective, you are comparing us to Malta and maybe Botswana (I honestly can't think of a European equivalent for Walsall.)

You are so dim.

If you are going to try and be clever with analogies then please let them make sense.

You win the prize for 'Wally Poster of the Day' and it's only 8.15am.

Absolutely hilarious. Thank you for posting.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That is of course the net cost but what is impossible to measure is the benefit to the economy whether that be through companies locating here and the jobs associated with that.

And, of course, why don't Brexit use the correct figure instead of peddling a lie. Doesn't make sense.
NET £8.4 billion per year ( I repeat.. NET).... it's a matter of record what we pay in...... why is that a lie?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You are hilarious.

By all means repeat your beliefs, but please return to my observation. Your analogy was shit.

According to you the UK is Walsall or Watford.

To put that into perspective, you are comparing us to Malta and maybe Botswana (I honestly can't think of a European equivalent for Walsall.)

You are so dim.

If you are going to try and be clever with analogies then please let them make sense.

You win the prize for 'Wally Poster of the Day' and it's only 8.15am.

Absolutely hilarious. Thank you for posting.

You must have missed the Arsenal one. :)

Loving the fact you've run out of an argument so have to dissect a basic analogy be it good or bad just to stay in the thread :lolol:

At least we're giving each other a good laugh. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here