[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
vote only two years ago was 55.3% to 44.7%. the oil price has tanked since, making their shoddy economic case even weaker. apart from that, no reason for them to vote to stay i suppose.

Brexiters on here have repeatedly said that independence from the ties of Brussels is more important than financial wellbeing, so I guess they will be all in favour of the Scots demanding, and getting, independence from London - especially as the ties of the United Kingdom are far, far more onerous than the ties of the European Union.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
a post-Brexit UK would not be a happy place.

speak for yourself,i will be happy as larry

And the EU would want to give the rest of the UK (i.e., effectively England) a lesson. .

Looking forward to Hollande Merkel and all the others post brexit explaining to their own manufacturers exporters and workforce how it is a good idea for The EU to punish the UK for leaving which would in effect be punishing themselves as well.
If that’s the sort of grown up logical thinking The EU goes in for we are best shot of it.

The majority of Labour want In but with a mandate to change the EU from within.

I was wondering when they were finally going to announce the list of wanted reforms/changes ,rather than pish around in the dark and keep it to themselves.

link?

Cameron has criticised Michael Gove for dismissing the views of experts. In an interview with Jeremy Vine on Radio 2, Cameron said:

"People saying, as some of the Leave campaign did the other day, “I’m fed up of hearing from experts” - Would you build a bridge without listening to expert engineers or architects?"

Good point DC.

Expert architects and engineers very rarely get bridge building so wrong that a catastrophic collapse follows

"Expert" economists on the other hand...............................

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Cameron has criticised Michael Gove for dismissing the views of experts. In an interview with Jeremy Vine on Radio 2, Cameron said:

"People saying, as some of the Leave campaign did the other day, “I’m fed up of hearing from experts” - Would you build a bridge without listening to expert engineers or architects?"

Good point DC.

I've helped build lots of bridges,and the only time we had an 'expert' on the job,he dropped it in the River Colne.'Boom it out another bay Corporal,I know what I'm doing'-yeah,right.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Good point DC.

No it's not.

If the engineering and architectural experts included companies that had designed and built bridges that had monumentally failed with catastrophic consequences then no one sane would roll out the same institutions a mere 8 years later to help provide "expert" opinion on how to build bridges.

Anyone that does want to now hold out the likes of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan opinion as sage independent wisdom on economic matters is an imbicile.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-financial-crisis-mortagage-backed-securities

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-know-about-jpmorgans-13-billion-settlement/

What's the saying?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.......

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Brexiters on here have repeatedly said that independence from the ties of Brussels is more important than financial wellbeing, so I guess they will be all in favour of the Scots demanding, and getting, independence from London - especially as the ties of the United Kingdom are far, far more onerous than the ties of the European Union.

Yep, i am happy with that, and while we are at it we should have an English Parliament consisting of English MP's obviously, unlike about 660 MP's of which about 110 are from the other UK countries but get to vote on English issues only.
Good shout Lincoln Imp, glad you are on board.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep, i am happy with that, and while we are at it we should have an English Parliament consisting of English MP's obviously, unlike about 660 MP's of which about 110 are from the other UK countries but get to vote on English issues only.

And here you have it: A Little Englander.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

But how would you test they were English?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But how would you test they were English?

Yep my bad. I did mean MP's in English constituencies, rather than MP's from constituencies in the other UK countries. As we know there is a Scottish Parliament, Welsh and NI, the English (constituency ) MP's can not vote on their only issues.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:) Yep, far be it that we stick up for what we feel is best for the country WE live in......... if you do, well you are "A little Englander"....... mein Freund :wink:

The irony is its little Eurolanders who don't want to get out and deal with the wider world.

larus

And here you have it: A Little Englander.

Please tell me, how did these great European nations go about resolving the Greek crisis to put them on a sustainable path? As they are all "in it together comrade", surely the Greek debt is just a small amount of money. Even if they were to write off enough to make it viable for them. What?; they didn't. Well, bless their little cottons socks, those pesky "Little German, Dutch, Finns, etc."; looks like they are looking after themselves. No, couldn't be that - they're one big happy superstate. Silly me!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The irony is its little Eurolanders who don't want to get out and deal with the wider world.

The funny thing is i have never thought of the people that are willing to let us become part of a planned Eurostate as Eurolanders.
It has passed my thoughts that just like the EU we have a chap from Germany telling us what is best for us.
Hmmm, Eurolanders......little Eurolanders..... Europhobics.......yeah :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports