Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No link or connection ?!!

...what was really behind the decisions made by the UK's voters?

For the past three years the British Election Study has followed a panel of the same 30,000 voters - asking them hundreds of questions about their political views and choices on 13 occasions.

It offers the most detailed look at the issues which most concerned the electorate - and the results are now in.

It really was about Brexit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40630242

Whenever MoS or Lincoln Imp are telling you what my argument is/was always assume it's not true/being misrepresented ... saves a lot of time.

Slippery. The context of your implication was clear. You were creating an association between the percentage of people who voted for parties that (in one way or another) supported Brexit and the support for Brexit across the country.

I'm not sure Westdean Seagull will appreciate your patronising suggestion that he takes a steer from me when posting his opinions.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I voted Labour, because the Liberals come nowhere in Crawley and the best chance for me to stop a hard Tory Brexit was to reduce their power. So please do not count my vote for Labour as a vote for Brexit.
If we had a more democratic proportional representation system, like the EU parliament, I could have voted with the party most closely aligned to my own views, Liberal.

Your main motivating factor was Brexit based then which reinforces the finding in the link I provided. Yes the more proportional system that left UKIP as the number one choice for the UK electorate. What percentage did the Lib Dems get?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes even Guido Fawkes reports factually accurate stories which is why you always attack the source rather than the substance of the articles.

What was factually inaccurate in that last source?

Once again you have described yourself as a class warrior on at least one occasion ... you seem to be distancing yourself from this proud proclamation, why?

Says the man who went along to see him in person and has not one word of criticism ... and always leaps to his defence.:facepalm:

If it was zero why bother responding? Perhaps a second ignore is imminent :D

They're not stories though on Guido Fawkes - they're one paragraph pieces with bright colours - you'll have to point me in the direction of the substance.

If class warrior is meant as some from of insult - I don't take it as such. I just suspect your definition of the term and perception of such people differs from the reality of me though (Helping myself to a pint of Guinness at Twickenham from the collection of 20+ a pair of public school numpties were buying, which meant I wouldn't get served before they shut the bar 10 minutes before kick off years back, simply because I knew they'd be too stupid to notice, being just one example)

Just because I went to see Corbyn in person, like a lot of what he says and sometimes defend him from idiots like you who are obsessed about him, doesn't make him my hero - sorry if you're too dumb to be able to comprehend that.

Putting you on ignore would be like putting Alan Partridge on ignore - the comedy value of laughing at you just can't be missed.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Slippery. The context of your implication was clear. You were creating an association between the percentage of people who voted for parties that (in one way or another) supported Brexit and the support for Brexit across the country.

I'm not sure Westdean Seagull will appreciate your patronising suggestion that he takes a steer from me when posting his opinions.

I was pointing out an indisputable fact, which is very unusual for this thread. Are you saying there is no association between 80%+ voting for parties supporting Brexit, Mr slippery?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
After leaving the EU we will also no longer have a presence in The European Commission. It is the Commission who call the shots with regard to Customs Union arrangements and international trade.
With no UK commissioner after leaving the EU how does Corbyn avoid being a passive rule taker like Norway(which he doesn’t want) and instead remain a partner with input and influence and a vote on international trade?
Far too many unanswered questions arising from the leader of Her Majesty's Opposition speech today. When is the next round of clarification?

Yes - agree, there is much complexity to be navigated. And tomorrow will have Dr Fox's vision to process. He is of course the man who opined that achieving a post-Brexit trade deal should be 'the easiest in human history'. Now that is scary.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They're not stories though on Guido Fawkes - they're one paragraph pieces with bright colours - you'll have to point me in the direction of the substance.

If class warrior is meant as some from of insult - I don't take it as such. I just suspect your definition of the term and perception of such people differs from the reality of me though (Helping myself to a pint of Guinness at Twickenham from the collection of 20+ a pair of public school numpties were buying, which meant I wouldn't get served before they shut the bar 10 minutes before kick off years back, simply because I knew they'd be too stupid to notice, being just one example)

Just because I went to see Corbyn in person, like a lot of what he says and sometimes defend him from idiots like you who are obsessed about him, doesn't make him my hero - sorry if you're too dumb to be able to comprehend that.

Putting you on ignore would be like putting Alan Partridge on ignore - the comedy value of laughing at you just can't be missed.

They have enough substance to cause a Labour MP to be suspended and be reported across MSM including left leaning papers.

Nothing factually innacurate in that last source then.

Once again it was you that self identified as a loud and proud class warrior yet you get ever so techy when reminded about this.

For someone who likes lazy stereotyping, insults and partisan posts you protesteth too much!

You've done it once but I'm glad you appreciate my sparkling sense of humour.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They have enough substance to cause a Labour MP to be suspended and be reported across MSM including left leaning papers.

Nothing factually innacurate in that last source then.

Once again it was you that self identified as a loud and proud class warrior yet you get ever so techy when reminded about this.

For someone who likes lazy stereotyping, insults and partisan posts you protesteth too much!

You've done it once but I'm glad you appreciate my sparkling sense of humour.

I'm afraid, as always, talking to you is ultimately pointless and always lop sided - As you know I'm from Hastings, my season ticket is the west upper, and as you keep reminding me I've seen Jeremy Corbyn in person - You're frankly just an anonymous, voyeuristic, troll/bot account who wont even say who their MP is when asked and lists their location as middle earth - I understand why - it makes your activism easier. Never mind.

Night-night now :bigwave:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I have had ALL the remainers on ignore for months now mate, I press the view post and show quote options so I can see what they are saying and respond to them often, but at least I am ignoring them. :dunce:

Only one far left loon [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] supposedly has me on ignore but I am sure the snowflake/ safe space/ can't argue their case numbers will rise at some point soon :wink:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm afraid, as always, talking to you is ultimately pointless and always lop sided - As you know I'm from Hastings, my season ticket is the west upper, and as you keep reminding me I've seen Jeremy Corbyn in person - You're frankly just an anonymous, voyeuristic, troll/bot account who wont even say who their MP is when asked and lists their location as middle earth - I understand why - it makes your activism easier. Never mind.

Not sure what the relevance of your location or where you sit is to this debate but Good night anyway. It's perishingly cold here in Helm's Deep ... snow is on the way.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Your main motivating factor was Brexit based then which reinforces the finding in the link I provided. Yes the more proportional system that left UKIP as the number one choice for the UK electorate. What percentage did the Lib Dems get?

Do you know what, I don't know what percentage the Liberals got, but I know my vote counted when casting it the way I wanted to.
You have previously claimed that as 80% of votes went to parties that had seeing Brexit through as an election pledge, this meant that there was a stronger mandate for Brexit now, than the narrow referendum result gave. I think you know that is bollocks, but I just wanted to make sure.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Do you know what, I don't know what percentage the Liberals got, but I know my vote counted when casting it the way I wanted to.
You have previously claimed that as 80% of votes went to parties that had seeing Brexit through as an election pledge, this meant that there was a stronger mandate for Brexit now, than the narrow referendum result gave. I think you know that is bollocks, but I just wanted to make sure.

6% finishing 5th behind the Greens.

Yes I realise for some people a historically large democratic vote leading to a clear majority to leave followed by a General Election where Brexit was a major factor and all main parties had specific manifesto commitments relating to our future relationship with Europe counts for nothing when the results don't go their way.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Please note everyone, that not all people in Hastings behave like a spoilt brat who is unable, yet again, to cope with others' opinions.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
6% finishing 5th behind the Greens.

Yes I realise for some people a historically large democratic vote leading to a clear majority to leave followed by a General Election where Brexit was a major factor and all main parties had specific manifesto commitments relating to our future relationship with Europe counts for nothing when the results don't go their way.

Prick.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I was pointing out an indisputable fact, which is very unusual for this thread. Are you saying there is no association between 80%+ voting for parties supporting Brexit, Mr slippery?

You were attempting to inflate it to a ludicrous extent in order to associate the 80 per cent figure with the level of support for Brexit, as you well know. Slippery? Your predictable descent into semantics is positively oleaginous.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nice to see Labour giving the country another version of Brexit. It’s not what the Brextremists want but it’s what the majority of the country want. Might even be enough to push the Looney Corbyn into power.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You were attempting to inflate it to a ludicrous extent in order to associate the 80 per cent figure with the level of support for Brexit, as you well know. Slippery? Your predictable descent into semantics is positively oleaginous.

How is stating an indisputable fact, inflating anything? I even clarified my point further with you at the time stating people vote for numerous reasons but as usual, you attempt to misrepresent my position suggesting I claimed all 80%+ supported Brexit.

Notice you also failed to answer my question... Are you saying there is no association between support for Brexit and 80%+ voting for parties supporting Brexit?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well, that was worth waiting for [emoji38]ol:
He did nail it though. No point in arguing with a custard brained tit whose grasp (and use) of "facts" is akin to a shouty woman banging on the door of Poundland on a Sunday morning because she can't tell the time.

Open goal to be called a prick really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here