Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
She has the longest time horizon, it is not surprising she and the majority of the yoof of today want to remain

Still at least she is driving and working GDP :lolol: already so i'm happy with that......but you are right most of them want to stay,the ones that i speak to anyway..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The jackboot 2

"A new poll this week showed the majority of Hungarians — 77 per cent — backed their government on rejecting mass migration to the nation, but that is likely to do little to calm the European Commission. It was reported earlier this month that the bloc intended to fine Hungary and other European nations €250,000 per migrant they refused to take from the mandatory quota. The European Union intends to redistribute at least 160,000 people."

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Slovakia, along with Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic, also known as the Visegrad 4 nations (V4), have been some of the staunchest opponents of the European Union’s policies toward the migrant crisis. Slovakia has taken part in a total boycott against the bloc’s attempts to spread the burden of migrants across Europe by relocating them according to a quota system. Slovakia, alongside Poland and Hungary are being threatened with €250,000 fines per migrant they refuse to re-home from the European Union.
President of the EU Commission Jean-Claude Juncker has already expressed displeasure over the views of the V4 and the rise of anti-mass migration candidates across Europe. He was recorded as saying there was a, “real risk that the principle of solidarity could be called into question in all EU policy areas if it were not also applied in the reception of asylum seekers.” Juncker has also vowed to use his power to make sure no right wing populists can be elected in a European Union member state. “There will be no debate or dialogue with the far-right,” he told media. The comments were in response to the Austrian presidential elections that saw the right wing Freedom Party (FPOe) candidate Norbert Hofer lose by just 31,000 votes.

It's no coincidence that the V4 states are all former comintern states. They've only just gained their freedom from Moscow, they're not going back to more of the same with Brussels.

By the way...European Economic Community each member state has taken its turn as the 'chair' or lead for EU business. It's a six month stint and now it's Slovakia's turn

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The jackboot 2

"A new poll this week showed the majority of Hungarians — 77 per cent — backed their government on rejecting mass migration to the nation, but that is likely to do little to calm the European Commission. It was reported earlier this month that the bloc intended to fine Hungary and other European nations €250,000 per migrant they refused to take from the mandatory quota. The European Union intends to redistribute at least 160,000 people."

We are doing our bit to help those worst impact by taking direct from the camps, we are not part of the 160k so that should reassure you

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
The Jackboot.

"The European Union is threatening Hungary with massive fines and court action if it does not change direction over the acceptance of the EU forced migrant relocation scheme, and a number of other areas the Commission has deemed unsatisfactory.
The latest infringement procedures — the escalating response of the European Commission against member states who fail to fall into line — deals with the treatment of Roma gypsy children in Hungary’s schools, and farming laws.

Although farming may seem like an odd flashpoint for a nation which has shot to prominence for their no-nonsense approach to the migrant crisis, the government’s reforms aimed at preventing foreigners from buying up vast swathes of farmland have been front page news in the country for months. The Commission contends by restricting ownership of farmland to the people who actually farm it, the Hungarian government is being discriminatory toward the citizens of other EU countries.

The Hungarian government on the other hand is working to keep land affordable for Hungarians by keeping out big-money foreign buyers."
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/28/eu-threatens-hungary-treatment-gypsies-migrants/

The discrimination card comes out again. .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Even if it was true, and it isn't, that EVERYONE was £4,000 worse off a year it we were out then we are all be worse off by the same amount . In which case all of the service providers and sellers would have to take that into account when trying-ish to to compete effectively. Net result? No one notices.

It is £4,300 and its an average, some will be even worse off. And we are part of a global economy, we will be sropping down the ranks, our ability to buy foreign goods (and we do lots of that now) and go on foreign holidays will become more expensive

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We are doing our bit to help those worst impact by taking direct from the camps, we are not part of the 160k so that should reassure you

Thanks but i did not need reassuring, i realised that we were not part of the 160k...... perhaps the people of the countries mentioned need reassuring which is why my post stated the countries that are affected...... they are part of this EU farce are they not.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It is £4,300 and its an average, some will be even worse off. And we are part of a global economy, we will be sropping down the ranks, our ability to buy foreign goods (and we do lots of that now) and go on foreign holidays will become more expensive

"It is £4,300"...... is it, is it hearsay, truth, fact.........or speculation.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

we could always buy raw materials and make our own....as for holidays i don't do foreign any more so not bothered....countries of the EU would you like to trade with the UK to sell us your goods? NO? ok we will go elsewhere,money is money..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
"It is £4,300"...... is it, is it hearsay, truth, fact.........or speculation.

:lolol: don't forget the large American Fridge

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Its not reassuring to know at all that a million migrants amongst them terrorists and lady fiddlers where able to waltz across Europe on the whim of a German leader who was blind that this policy caused drowning,only for said leader to half realise it was a screw up and then try to force other EU countries to pick up the cost of processing so many asylum seekers.Meanwhile trying to impose fines and criticising said countries for trying to uphold the very regulations they had signed up to in the first place.
Yep not reassured about the EU in the slightest

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

How do they estimate that ?
im sick to the teeth of hearing their jumped up clap trap. and silly enough people believe it as well.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How do they estimate that ?
im sick to the teeth of hearing their jumped up clap trap. and silly enough people believe it as well.

I really thought this figure £4300, which was plucked out the sky as a "forecast" for 14 years ahead, was nipped in the bud as bullsh1t many pages ago.
Seems that some are still trying to regurgitate it.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Good and true facts but not on the subject (regional Euroscepticism) we were talking about. Sad about the East End but it has largely arisen from non-EU migration, which governments have chosen not to control.

Sad about the east end and yet you are all for unlimited migration.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Rotation is no accountability to the British people.

Of the MEPs President Juncker received 422 votes = 57% and did not receive any support from two of the three largest British parties following the 2014 election as no Conservative or UKIP backed him despite being elected under what I think you would consider to be a much fairer system than FPTP (Tory + UKIP equalled 50% of the votes cast)

What sums the EU up is that the vote for President was done in secret - we only know that Conservatives and UKIP voted against him as they said they would do so - a secret ballot for the election of a president - even more unaccountability.

Once again the question isn't about UK elections it's about the EU - as I said in a previous post two wrongs don't make a right. I'd be the first to sign up to a fairer more proportional system in the UK (such as STV or the Additonal Member System) but until we leave the EU it won't matter shown as Cameron tried hopelessly to block Junker!

He got a majority of the MEP's vote. That surely is democracy, especially when the 422 that voted for him were elected on the same system as the Tory and UKIP MEPs!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I really thought this figure £4300, which was plucked out the sky as a "forecast" for 14 years ahead, was nipped in the bud as bullsh1t many pages ago.

It wasn't plucked out of the sky, it was a forecast (not the worst one though) but it has been repeatedly misinterpreted, no thanks to Gideon!! The figure, as I'm sure you already know, is the estimated shortfall in growth of GDP given as an average per household, should we leave the EU. It is not saying every household will be £4,300 worse off then they are now.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

Apparently could spark a 3rd world war as well, where do these people get off.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
It wasn't plucked out of the sky, it was a forecast (not the worst one though) but it has been repeatedly misinterpreted, no thanks to Gideon!! The figure, as I'm sure you already know, is the estimated shortfall in growth of GDP given as an average per household, should we leave the EU. It is not saying every household will be £4,300 worse off then they are now.

Regardless i'd still like to know how they can estimate such ridiculous figures when they are unsure of the financial markets from one day to the next.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Regardless i'd still like to know how they can estimate such ridiculous figures when they are unsure of the financial markets from one day to the next.

Because it's their job! You can't manage an economy and plan if you have no idea what at the future holds. Any government, just as you would with your household budget, need to plan for the future and that includes trying to forecast growth etc.

I struggle to see why so many people think this odd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here