Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting that the amiable and amusing Anglophile that is Guy Verhofstadt continues to float the idea of EU citizenship being available to Britons after the Brexit boys have had their way. Many a twist and turn to come we can assume.

Actually was one of those who wrote to him, I'd be happy to pay an annual fee to keep EU citizenship. For some of us the world does not end at Dover and have wider ambitions

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Actually was one of those who wrote to him, I'd be happy to pay an annual fee to keep EU citizenship. For some of us the world does not end at Dover and have wider ambitions

your letter means nothing,his reciprocal wish is meaningless considering we are ending free movement?
who are you going to write to now?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007

That's why many of us voted for BREXIT. There's a wide world out there. It isn't restricted to a corrupt club of 28 (soon to be 27) countries. BREXIT supporters are not narrow minded little EUropeans. I'm sure he'll be delighted to take your money of course. They need all they can get to pay their bloated salaries and it isn't easy with a failing EU.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That's why many of us voted for BREXIT. There's a wide world out there. It isn't restricted to a corrupt cub of 28 (soon to be 27) countries.

If this is why many leavers voted out, the question must be why?

Being within the EU does not stop anyone moving to other countries around the world, it doesn't stop the UK trading with other countries around the world (on EU agreed terms).

So other than being able to agree our own trade deals with other countries which may well be on poorer terms than we currently have, what have you actually achieved against this reason for voting out.

It just seems very odd to me, and I am struggling to see the logic for doing so.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
If this is why many leavers voted out, the question must be why?

Being within the EU does not stop anyone moving to other countries around the world, it doesn't stop the UK trading with other countries around the world (on EU agreed terms).

So other than being able to agree our own trade deals with other countries which may well be on poorer terms than we currently have, what have you actually achieved against this reason for voting out.

It just seems very odd to me, and I am struggling to see the logic for doing so.

Also interesting logic choosing to vote for Brexit, on the basis that it is a "corrupt cub", to then be in another cub lead by the likes of Liam Fox!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Has anyone said leaving the EU would prevent asylum seekers committing crimes? :shrug:

Farage had a poster made that suggested it. Fergus seems to think that the "door" that would keep EU migrants out would have prevented a Kosovan swinging an axe in Dusseldorf and GT49er seems to think people currently just wander in and out as they please.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Farage had a poster made that suggested it. Fergus seems to think that the "door" that would keep EU migrants out would have prevented a Kosovan swinging an axe in Dusseldorf and GT49er seems to think people currently just wander in and out as they please.

Im fully aware of your personal interpretation of what people have said but i was asking specifically if anyone has actually said in real life that leaving the EU would prevent asylum seekers from committing crime like you say they did.....cant think ive seen that.....but no doubt you will provide a link straight away to prove me wrong

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Freedom
im not surprised cucks like you dont understand this basic logic

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Im fully aware of your personal interpretation of what people have said but i was asking specifically if anyone has actually said in real life that leaving the EU would prevent asylum seekers from committing crime like you say they did.....cant think ive seen that.....but no doubt you will provide a link straight away to prove me wrong

I didn't say anyone said exactly that, feel free to interpret sentences differently to me, especially the ambiguous ones.
What was your take though, on the meaning of Farage's Syrian refugee poster?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think you'll find that the point is that they will have to seek asylum as opposed to just wandering in if they feel like it. Not that the vetting process will be foolproof, of course, but better than none at all.

Are you saying that asylum seekers can just wander in to the UK at the moment, as a consequence of our membership of the EU, without any vetting at all?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Freedom
im not surprised cucks like you dont understand this basic logic

I guess we see freedom differently. I view freedom as the ability to travel, live, work, do business in and across 28 nations without ANY hinderence whatsoever as freedom.

D

Deleted member 22389

Here you go again with your own visions of Leave voters once again lol. If you want EU citizenship be my guest, but if it goes ahead, it's just another way for the European Union to get more money out of people, they seem very good at that. Nobody is going to stop people traveling to EU for their holidays, and if I need to sign a little bit of paper and you don't then so be it. I could get an Italian Passport tomorrow because of my Italian mother, but I really can't be bothered.

D

Deleted member 22389

Are you saying that asylum seekers can just wander in to the UK at the moment, as a consequence of our membership of the EU, without any vetting at all?

It is because of the poor borders across the EU that people are able to make it to the UK. It has everything to do with our membership of the EU, eventually people apply for passports in these countries which then gets them access to the UK because of the rules on Free Movement.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It is because of the poor borders across the EU that people are able to make it to the UK. It has everything to do with our membership of the EU, eventually people apply for passports in these countries which then gets them access to the UK because of the rules on Free Movement.

But if they have a passport, when they come to the UK they are no longer asylum seekers, as the country that gave them the passport would have accepted them and believed they were genuine asylum seekers.

Unless of course you are saying that someone with say a German passport is seeking asylum from Germany which probably hasn't happened since the wall came down

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sturgeon's just announced she's seeking Scottish parliamentary approval next week to start off the process for another Scottish independence referendum.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Perhaps you have the evidence to hand but may I run an urban myth check on this?

1. Are there any figures for the number of ex-asylum seekers who are now living in the UK with EU passports, having previously spent years in other European countries in order to obtain those passports?

2. Is your first sentence a reference to the numbers of migrants who, having managed to get to northern France because of 'poor borders' then manage to smuggle themselves into the UK the back of lorries etc? There can't be huge numbers of them and in any case how will leaving the EU help reduce this figure?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sturgeon's just announced she's seeking Scottish parliamentary approval next week to start off the process for another Scottish independence referendum.

The leavers must be happy divorced from the EU and probably divorced from Scotland.

Making Britain great again - Whoops more like England going cap in hand for a handout from anyone.

Forget passport to Pimlico the remake is Passport to Glasgow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here