Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Cunning Fergus Bingo card:

1) They're all Tories
2) Tate and Lyle story which doesn't hold much, if any, water
3) Weak Turkish Transit story which doesn't quite add up
4) They're all Tories
5) Links which he's clearly not read
6) No posts about any other interests whatsoever.

Go on then I will play.....

1) this is about Ken Clarke, he is a Tory.
2) Tate and Lyle, and their workers in Silvertown were supporting leave.......you don't need need to be a dumkopf to know why.
3) transit production moves from Southampton to Turkish factory subsidised by EU investment bank. You damn right it does add up.
4) free market capitalism across the EU is a Thatcherite dream, even Ken said so. Tony, Gordon, Paddy Menzies and Nick all agree.
5) no links on this matter
6) what's it got to do with you?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
You think your leave vote has dealt a blow to free market capitalism?

No, but the trade deals that are currently made behind closed doors in Brussels (TTIP) will be subject to transparency in a post Brexit UK. Then we just need a functioning opposition to hold the Govt to account.

That's how it works......

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
confused, what do you think he is? because you cannot be a "free market zealot" and also support state interventionism.

He is a long standing advocate of free market trade and lassaiz fair state control.

So was Tony and Gordon and we know where that got this country.

I am not an advocate of North Korea governmental controls however their has to be a balance.

The world Ken Clarke wants has failed. A new vision is needed.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Carry on thinking you're on the side of the working classes if makes you happy.

I know what I am for, and I know what you are for.

I want to protect the interests of the British working class...........you want them hung out to dry.

It's why you support wet Tory capitalists.........and I don't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know what I am for, and I know what you are for.

I want to protect the interests of the British working class...........you want them hung out to dry.

It's why you support wet Tory capitalists.........and I don't.

I'm looking forward to you pursuing the dismantling of our abhorrent class system (starting with the shameful privileges afforded to our unelected head of state and bloated family) with the same vigour as you have pursued these nasty Europeans.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No, but the trade deals that are currently made behind closed doors in Brussels (TTIP) will be subject to transparency in a post Brexit UK. Then we just need a functioning opposition to hold the Govt to account.

That's how it works......

Ha, you are truely clueless if you think that! Used to think you were just a bit misguided/confused not clueless.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I'm looking forward to you pursuing the dismantling of our abhorrent class system (starting with the shameful privileges afforded to our unelected head of state and bloated family) with the same vigour as you have pursued these nasty Europeans.

So play it forward, when the Royal family has executive power and overrides the interests of their subjects then I will be the first to the barricades.

As it is they are largely an irrelevance in economic and political terms, and is why they are largely popular enough for the mainstream political parties to support.

In the meantime I will concentrate on the big ticket items, in light of UK taxpayers money being wasted by a largely unelectable EU.

Grinding your axe about the Royal family in this context is like a man who has just lost his arms in a hay bailing accident moaning about an in-growing toenail.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

I think we all strive for that glorious day, removing us from the shackles of the EU means that we are half way there. one step at a time eh.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Ha, you are truely clueless if you think that! Used to think you were just a bit misguided/confused not clueless.

So you think we will have less transparency in our economic/political affairs post Brexit, than currently?

I don't think you understand how the EU legislates across its member states do you?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So play it forward, when the Royal family has executive power and overrides the interests of their subjects then I will be the first to the barricades.

As it is they are largely an irrelevance in economic and political terms, and is why they are largely popular enough for the mainstream political parties to support.

In the meantime I will concentrate on the big ticket items, in light of UK taxpayers money being wasted by a largely unelectable EU.

Grinding your axe about the Royal family in this context is like a man who has just lost his arms in a hay bailing accident moaning about an in-growing toenail.
Absolute rubbish. There are all sorts of injustices in our system where an unaccountable unelected head of state can do what they want. Whether it's Prince Andrew treating the RAF as his personal taxi service for decades, or whether it's lovely Charles getting to choose how much tax he pays (there are cases of his tax-dodging putting other firms out of business), or exerting his influence unduly (such as when he writes to rich royal Arabs telling them not to build "carbuncles" in London, which had gone through due process, at a cost of thousands of jobs).

So you're "grinding your axe" comment is horseshit. You're just happy to see the working man bowing and scraping to his betters because they're not nasty foreign types.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Absolute rubbish. There are all sorts of injustices in our system where an unaccountable unelected head of state can do what they want. Whether it's Prince Andrew treating the RAF as his personal taxi service for decades, or whether it's lovely Charles getting to choose how much tax he pays (there are cases of his tax-dodging putting other firms out of business), or exerting his influence unduly (such as when he writes to rich royal Arabs telling them not to build "carbuncles" in London, which had gone through due process, at a cost of thousands of jobs).

So you're "grinding your axe" comment is horseshit. You're just happy to see the working man bowing and scraping to his betters because they're not nasty foreign types.

Ok, off the top of my head I think Sir Phillip Green is a bigger tax dodger and shyster than Prince Charles.

If you are going to moan about tax dodging and how the powerful fvck the powerless let's get to it.

He and his wife are worse............anyone doing anything about it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ok, off the top of my head I think Sir Phillip Green is a bigger tax dodger and shyster than Prince Charles.

If you are going to moan about tax dodging and how the powerful fvck the powerless let's get to it.

He and his wife are worse............anyone doing anything about it?

No-one is doing anything about it, and I don't see how Green and Charles are any different. They are both guilty of taking the piss to feather their own nests.

Regardless, you've NEVER mentioned this injustice before, whereas you're obsessed with the injustice of some aspects of the EU whilst simultaneously ignoring some of the better points of the EU - and you'll accuse anyone who doesn't agree with you of being a raging Tory. With that in mind, it's only fair to point out that you yourself are happy to see the working classes continue to bow and scrape to their betters - what with you not seriously giving a toss about the tax dodging uber rich.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Carry on thinking you're on the side of the working classes if makes you happy.

What have the tories or Liberal's come to that ever done for the working classes eh..absolutely nothing is what they have done. the gap between the rich and poor says everything.

When naming your dear old KENNETH (name says it all) to be a fat old c*nt you suddenly become all narky why is that ? i am only toying with you ffs have you no sense of humour;. .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So you think we will have less transparency in our economic/political affairs post Brexit, than currently?

I don't think you understand how the EU legislates across its member states do you?

I don't think TTIP will be any more transparent following Brexit! You would have to be naive to think otherwise.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What have the tories or Liberal's come to that ever done for the working classes eh..absolutely nothing is what they have done. the gap between the rich and poor says everything.

When naming your dear old KENNETH (name says it all) to be a fat old c*nt you suddenly become all narky why is that ? i am only toying with you ffs have you no sense of humour;. .

Perhaps you are, and always will be, working class precisely because you think it is humourous to call someone a fat old c*nt?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What have the Liberal's come to that ever done for the working classes eh..absolutely nothing is what they have done. . .

After their 1906 victory, the Liberal Party introduced various reforms, including health insurance, unemployment insurance, and pensions for elderly workers, thereby laying the groundwork for the future British welfare state. The People's Budget of 1909, championed by David Lloyd George and fellow liberal Winston Churchill, introduced unprecedented taxes on the wealthy in Britain and radical social welfare programmes to the country's policies. It was the first budget with the expressed intent of redistributing wealth among the public. It imposed increased taxes on luxuries, liquor, tobacco, incomes, and land, - taxation that disproportionately affected the rich - so that money could be made available for new welfare programmes In 1911 Lloyd George succeeded in putting through Parliament his National Insurance Act, making provision for sickness and invalidism, and this was followed by his Unemployment Insurance Act.

If you spring forward to the last coalition Government, did Nick Clegg not push for the raising of the tax threshold to take more lower paid pit of paying tax.

But hey they have never done anything for the working classes, so history must be wrong

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Perhaps you are, and always will be, working class precisely because you think it is humourous to call someone a fat old c*nt?

:facepalm: ffs where do some of you lot get off.

It seems almost as if we are living on entirely different planets, has no one ever jokingly about called you a fat old c*nt before ?

So for my sins i have to be eternally punished do i.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here