Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
I'm afraid that by touching on a subject that I definitely know about and you don't, you're providing an example of someone who likes to present subjective opinions as fact. I shall bear that in mind when considering your future posts. The subject in this case is my politics. You announce that I'm a 'lefty', presumably because you think the Brexit argument is a left-right one. It isn't. Whilst I have complete respect for people such as HT, who is to the left of me on general issues, the fact is that my own politics might be described as centre-centre-right. Ken Clarke'll do for me.

Now, having established my politics, would you like to tell me how old I am?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL US WHEN YOU'RE LEAVING THIS COUNTRY ???
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's enlightening.......I always said you were a Tory.

We would have saved a lot of time in the past if you had been as honest then as you are now.

Merry Christmas Margaret.

Oh dear. I have never voted Tory in my life so I am afraid you are wrong yet again. And as for good old Ken, as one of your fellow Brexiters suggests, he's not what you'd call a Tory in the modern sense of the term (according to him Ken is a c*nt, which is pretty well par for Brexiters' course).

And I hope you have a Happy Christmas too, Liam, or Nigel or Arron or whatever your real name might be. I'm sure you will, given the power and success your support has given the people you so admire.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Oh dear. I have never voted Tory in my life so I am afraid you are wrong yet again. And as for good old Ken, as one of your fellow Brexiters suggests, he's not what you'd call a Tory in the modern sense of the term (according to him Ken is a c*nt, which is pretty well par for Brexiters' course).

And I hope you have a Happy Christmas too, Liam, or Nigel or Arron or whatever your real name might be. I'm sure you will, given the power and success your support has given the people you so admire.

So what actually is dear old Ken if he's not a c*nt then,...a man of the people.. an inspiring figurehead who represents the working classes of this country ? or is he just another fat old c*nt milking the system for his own purposes needs and self greed.. ..

i guarantee to know the answer.if this were put to a poll. your almighty hero would be floored.:lolol:

How old then , ..come on fella don't be shy in your 50's ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So what actually is dear old Ken if he's not a c*nt then,...a man of the people.. an inspiring figurehead who represents the working classes of this country ? or is he just another fat old c*nt milking the system for his own purposes needs and self greed.. ..

i guarantee to know the answer.if this were put to a poll. your almighty hero would be floored.:lolol:

How old then , ..come on fella don't be shy in your 50's ?

Well maybe he'd think you're a bit of c*nt too but I doubt it. He's better than that. Hell, even I am better than that.

Why do I think highly of him? In order to avoid claims of Europhile bias I'll quote from the Mail...

But among those politicians who have dominated Westminster in the past 50 years, Mr Clarke surely has no rival. It is not just that he was comfortably the best Chancellor of the past quarter-century, handing over the kind of prosperous economy that we can only dream of today.

The fact is that, more than any other politician of his generation, Mr Clarke cut a splendidly genial, sensible and normal figure. He has never taken himself too seriously, but he has never been anything less than seriously impressive.

Unlike so many of the robots who populate the Palace of Westminster, the MP for Rushcliffe has a life outside politics. He loves bird-watching, jazz, football and Formula One. He likes smoking and drinking: in the very first sentence of his memoirs, he explains that he wrote them ‘over a late-night brandy and cigar’.

He has always been a family man, famously devoted to his late wife, Gillian, who gave up her academic career to support her husband. And if his pro-European enthusiasm looks unfashionable today, then, in a way, that is to his credit.

A more cynical man, a more careerist politician, would have abandoned his passion for the EU to secure the Tory crown in 1997 or 2001.

For despite his rumpled image, Mr Clarke has always been a man of principle. He preferred to fight and lose as himself than pretend to be something he wasn’t. Good for him, I say. For whatever you think of his pro-European convictions, we could do with more politicians with his basic integrity, common touch and competence."

Your contribution to this is to shout that he's a "fat old c*nt". Illuminating.

PS Is there something wrong with your keyboard? Oh, and you're out on the age-guess.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

This is like one of those clues on 3-2-1 which never makes any sense?

You describe yourself politically as centre-centre right and align yourself to Ken Clarke, and yet you have never voted Tory, and rail against anyone who would label you as the very thing you are?

To even suggest Kenneth Clarke isn't a Tory isn't a Tory in the modern sense of the term is absurd, given he was in Thatcher's cabinet all the while she was in power?

It's little wonder that people like you think that those who voted leave didn't know what they were voting for when you are so confused you don't know your political arse from you political elbow.

To quote Jake the poacher.........you need working on boy*

*I suspect you must be no older than 22.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Well maybe he'd think you're a bit of c*nt too but I doubt it. He's better than that. Hell, even I am better than that.

Why do I think highly of him? In order to avoid claims of Europhile bias I'll quote from the Mail...

But among those politicians who have dominated Westminster in the past 50 years, Mr Clarke surely has no rival. It is not just that he was comfortably the best Chancellor of the past quarter-century, handing over the kind of prosperous economy that we can only dream of today.

The fact is that, more than any other politician of his generation, Mr Clarke cut a splendidly genial, sensible and normal figure. He has never taken himself too seriously, but he has never been anything less than seriously impressive.

Unlike so many of the robots who populate the Palace of Westminster, the MP for Rushcliffe has a life outside politics. He loves bird-watching, jazz, football and Formula One. He likes smoking and drinking: in the very first sentence of his memoirs, he explains that he wrote them ‘over a late-night brandy and cigar’.

He has always been a family man, famously devoted to his late wife, Gillian, who gave up her academic career to support her husband. And if his pro-European enthusiasm looks unfashionable today, then, in a way, that is to his credit.

A more cynical man, a more careerist politician, would have abandoned his passion for the EU to secure the Tory crown in 1997 or 2001.

For despite his rumpled image, Mr Clarke has always been a man of principle. He preferred to fight and lose as himself than pretend to be something he wasn’t. Good for him, I say. For whatever you think of his pro-European convictions, we could do with more politicians with his basic integrity, common touch and competence."

Your contribution to this is to shout that he's a "fat old c*nt". Illuminating.

PS Is there something wrong with your keyboard? Oh, and you're out on the age-guess.

All sounds so very touching...a lovely bloke by all accounts or at least we are being led to believe by the Mail... but is he ??

Besides everything else anyone who participates in a group known as the Bilderberg club is in my opinion untrustworthy. the certainty is they sure as f*ck can't be discussing world peace !!

Sifting through his memoirs over a late night brandy and cigar..,,class:lolol:

In your 60's then you old c*nt. happy Christmas :lolol:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Oh and by the way anyone who has a sir attached to ones name is also a c*nt, therefore he is a master of all c*nts but all the same a very nice bloke according to the mail.:lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh and by the way anyone who has a sir attached to ones name is also a c*nt, therefore he is a master of all c*nts but all the same a very nice bloke according to the mail.:lolol:

Your Knighthood is assured then.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Your Knighthood is assured then.

If you want the honest truth i'd hand it back, back to someone who really deserves it...to the likes of some unknown someone who's prepared to risk his own life in order to save someone else, hand it to unknown people who have nothing else but good intentions instead of the usual jumped up tw@ts we see being awarded.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This is like one of those clues on 3-2-1 which never makes any sense?

You describe yourself politically as centre-centre right and align yourself to Ken Clarke, and yet you have never voted Tory, and rail against anyone who would label you as the very thing you are?

To even suggest Kenneth Clarke isn't a Tory isn't a Tory in the modern sense of the term is absurd, given he was in Thatcher's cabinet all the while she was in power?

It's little wonder that people like you think that those who voted leave didn't know what they were voting for when you are so confused you don't know your political arse from you political elbow.

To quote Jake the poacher.........you need working on boy*

*I suspect you must be no older than 22.

I have a great deal of time for Ken Clarke for the reasons outlined in the Mail piece. I have never voted for his party because there are elements in it I don't agree with, even less respect, and that antipathy has grown in recent years. Ken Clark has little in common with those who shape the policies of the present Tory Party and I therefore stand by my comment that he is not a Tory in the modern sense.

The reason I described myself as being 'centre-centre right' is simply that I accept the underlying principles of free enterprise more than I accept the sense of entitlement found in some parts of the public sector and trade union movement. I worked in one such part of the public sector for 17 years and found it deeply dispiriting.

I have, for positive reasons as well as the above negative ones, voted LibDem in every election but one.

I am sorry you find this all a bit confusing. Perhaps you prefer the tribal certainty of your fellow Brexiteer that "Ken Clarke is a fat c*nt." It's your choice.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I have a great deal of time for Ken Clarke for the reasons outlined in the Mail piece. I have never voted for his party because there are elements in it I don't agree with, even less respect, and that antipathy has grown in recent years. Ken Clark has little in common with those who shape the policies of the present Tory Party and I therefore stand by my comment that he is not a Tory in the modern sense.

The reason I described myself as being 'centre-centre right' is simply that I accept the underlying principles of free enterprise more than I accept the sense of entitlement found in some parts of the public sector and trade union movement. I worked in one such part of the public sector for 17 years and found it deeply dispiriting.

I have, for positive reasons as well as the above negative ones, voted LibDem in every election but one.

I am sorry you find this all a bit confusing. Perhaps you prefer the tribal certainty of your fellow Brexiteer that "Ken Clarke is a fat c*nt." It's your choice.

:lolol:
Apart from c*nt Clarke it was going so well ..until .. Lib Dem :ohmy: or should i rename it to Lib without the Dem.

Anyway stop avoiding the question you silly old c*nt ..how old...in your 70's and again happy Christmas.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Ken Clarke is a wet one nation Tory, who supports a brand of free market capitalism that would allow politicians and representatives from big business to make decisions away from the gaze of the electorate.

His unyielding support for an unreformed EU, with all of its unaccountable and undemocratic faults is a metaphor for a man that is relaxed with a Europe dominated by back room deals between politicians and the representatives of the global corporatocracy. It has always been that way, he was long in the epicentre of it, and it's how he thinks things should continue.

He may appear a genial old smoker and boozer (a bit like someone else we know) but underneath he was a Thatcherite up to his neck, and supported Thatcher politically on Europe until her famous fall out with D'elors.

He is no deconstructed Tory, he is a free market zealot, a man prepared to let the British working class burn on the altar of free market capitalism. The fact he is himself of working class origin is just another indictment on his political integrity.

The lib dems are free market EU zealots too, its why they are popular with middle class in seats like Richmond and despised by the working class.

For economic policy and helping the British working class they may just as well be stinking Tories.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ken Clarke is a wet one nation Tory, who supports a brand of free market capitalism that would allow politicians and representatives from big business to make decisions away from the gaze of the electorate.

His unyielding support for an unreformed EU, with all of its unaccountable and undemocratic faults is a metaphor for a man that is relaxed with a Europe dominated by back room deals between politicians and the representatives of the global corporatocracy. It has always been that way, he was long in the epicentre of it, and it's how he thinks things should continue.

He may appear a genial old smoker and boozer (a bit like someone else we know) but underneath he was a Thatcherite up to his neck, and supported Thatcher politically on Europe until her famous fall out with D'elors.

He is no deconstructed Tory, he is a free market zealot, a man prepared to let the British working class burn on the altar of free market capitalism. The fact he is himself of working class origin is just another indictment on his political integrity.

The lib dems are free market EU zealots too, its why they are popular with middle class in seats like Richmond and despised by the working class.

For economic policy and helping the British working class they may just as well be stinking Tories.

Cunning Fergus Bingo card:

1) They're all Tories
2) Tate and Lyle story which doesn't hold much, if any, water
3) Weak Turkish Transit story which doesn't quite add up
4) They're all Tories
5) Links which he's clearly not read
6) No posts about any other interests whatsoever.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Carry on thinking you're on the side of the working classes if makes you happy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

confused, what do you think he is? because you cannot be a "free market zealot" and also support state interventionism.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

You think your leave vote has dealt a blow to free market capitalism?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here