Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
17 million people are wrong but a Guyanan hedge fund lady interested in profits and 3 corrupt eu paid judges are correct ?

this sort of crass shite brings shame on the leave camp, prejudice, conspiracy and unwilling to recognise the British system of law. what was the point.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The funny thing is that by delaying it may Hasten the collapse of the European union. As it may influence other peoples in elections (France) & referendum (Italy - which may lead to another election) voting anti Europe & establishment as they see the politicians & elite trying to scupper the will of the masses.

Interesting times ahead - & that's without thinking about trump

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's clear to see why you voted leave, one reason and one reason only and there lies the reason a small majority voted to leave and why I will never accept the result, which was a guide only and of course should be debated and voted by Parliament. And if we have to follow the lead of the sensible Irish until we get the right result then so be it.
The likes of you had immigration stuffed down your throat and by who, Nigel Farage for gods sake, and who else did you listen to Boris Johnson and Micheal Gove and all 3 did a runner after lying their arses off.
And you expect people to accept the result and trust our dreadful MP's to waltz into Europe and around the world cutting trade deals in our favour.
The youth who were not even allowed to vote were also stitched up by their own grandparents who still think Victoria is on the throne and don't like a different colour skin.
You must be living in cloud cuckoo land but not so smug as you were yesterday, I can only hope that the whole thing implodes and we get to have another go, but I still would not trust the thick and ignorant to make the right decision this time either.
In case you can't quite work out which way I voted, it was remain.

Arrogant and pompous -pure gold for UKIP, if there is an election.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
17 million people are wrong but a Guyanan hedge fund lady interested in profits and 3 corrupt eu paid judges are correct ?

And what evidence do you have that the judges are corrupt. Maybe you would like to appear in Court in front of these three esteemed judges to present your evidence.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Jesus wept you make it sound as if they're all prisoners on the island.

Banter's one thing but I find this sort of remark from Leavers rather lowering.

You posted that in response to something I said about the lives of three family members being diminished by an end to freedom of movement. Just for the record, the broad facts are these.

1. A 17 year old A level student in north Lincolnshire. Her two-centre Modern Languages degree course is being affected by funding problems arising from the Brexit vote.
2. A married couple in London. Both running small businesses. Were planning to move to Amsterdam to live and set up mirror businesses. Plans on hold.
3. A married couple in Brighton. Job offer from Germany received. Tremendous opportunity for them and their children. Job being turned down because of potential problems with paying for their childrens' education.

There is nothing particular about these cases. To an extent they are first world problems. But they do underline that being a remainer is not about fear or an obsession with money or some other negative as so many Brexiters seem to think. It is about horizons closing down and a feeling that our back yard is getting smaller. Disagree by all means, but jeering simply diminishes your case.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
More to the point, not a SINGLE remainer ever mentioned BEFORE the vote that it would need parliament to approve the trigger of Article 50. Strange that ......

And not a single leaver had a coherent plan for Brexit, which is why we're in the brown and smelly stuff now.
I think this is more to do with the fact, nobody in power thought we'd be mad enough to vote leave.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you will find quite a few people actually questioned the legitimacy of a referendum on the basis that it was an "advisory"

Only when (to everybody's great surprise, on both sides) you lost. Cameron's final broadcast was crystal clear - vote leave and you're out. Of course, if you want to use the 'Cameron's a liar' route, you would to an extent have a point.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have not met a single remainer in my industry either.

In mine it's a majority of say 60/40 to leave....but of course i don't know every bodys viewpoint at work,we have better things to talk about....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And what evidence do you have that the judges are corrupt. Maybe you would like to appear in Court in front of these three esteemed judges to present your evidence.

I have no evidence, i believe they support remain, i think they are corrupt. Maybe you should get off your pompous high horse.
I saw an article by that Peston today, he is a remainer and scathing of Brexit, yet he is the political expert on ITV news.... i rest my case.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Only when (to everybody's great surprise, on both sides) you lost. Cameron's final broadcast was crystal clear - vote leave and you're out. Of course, if you want to use the 'Cameron's a liar' route, you would to an extent have a point.

In the lexicon of truly awful PMs, Cameron has made a strong challenge to be the outright, undisputed Champion. He would probably make a worse Pork butcher though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That is truly horrible. You should be ashamed.

Fed up with pussy footing around with you holier than thou, condescending, patronising plums who do not want to except a democratic vote. Whinging, whining, just out to score points and curry favour by targeting those that oppose your patronising position........there ya go.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have no evidence, i believe they support remain, i think they are corrupt. Maybe you should get off your pompous high horse.
I saw an article by that Peston today, he is a remainer and scathing of Brexit, yet he is the political expert on ITV news.... i rest my case.

But he's not a Judge,is he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here