Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford Away

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Does Ticket Exchange open for away games?

No, but there may well be more tickets available from staff and players returns at some stage.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Missed out for a 3rd year in a row.

I wish they’d just assign them in a lottery system to avoid the hassle of having to log on and join in the scramble.
Go to more of the less glamourous games and build up the points. I know a few that have done that over the last few years and are now in the top tier, even for Brentford.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Missed out for a 3rd year in a row.

I wish they’d just assign them in a lottery system to avoid the hassle of having to log on and join in the scramble.
Not with my luck in the lottery, I probably wouldn't even win a ticket for Burnley away on a Tuesday night in January. (Although some may say that's a prize in itself)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Go to more of the less glamourous games and build up the points. I know a few that have done that over the last few years and are now in the top tier, even for Brentford.
I go when I can go. Glamour or no glamour.

I envy those who can book days off work to go to all of our fixtures. I’m not in the position to do that.

Brentford happens to be on an off day for me (and has been the past two occasions) but I have missed out each time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I envy those who can book days off work to go to all of our fixtures. I’m not in the position to do that.

Brentford happens to be on an off day for me (and has been the past two occasions) but I have missed out each time.
Really aren't many games that you have to book a day off work to attend. Most are at weekends.
I think the ticketing system is pretty fair -- it rewards loyalty. Lot(tery) should be more widely deployed in other areas of society/politics, but not for away ticket sales.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Fair enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really aren't many games that you have to book a day off work to attend. Most are at weekends.
I think the ticketing system is pretty fair -- it rewards loyalty. Lot(tery) should be more widely deployed in other areas of society/politics, but not for away ticket sales.
Quite a few people work weekends………

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Quite a few people work weekends………
Oh agreed, as did I for a long enough while but, if you really want to go to away games, then you can request the rota facilitates that. (On a somewhat related point, I haven't done any EL away games purely down to work commitments.) I appreciate that certain employers will not do that but, there's c16 w/e away games a season and, given there's 104 Saturdays and Sundays in a calendar year, it's not the highest of obstacles to going.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have they still not released the additional block?

Back of a fag packet maths here but it looked like 1100 or so on sale on day 1. Ground holds 17600 odd so 10% is circa 1700 or even more.

Does the unreleased block really hold 600 and have we really held 600 back for comps? Surely not.

Anyone know what gives?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Arrived today!

1dblnfw6mip81.jpg

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
It’s a joke. I’m T2 but I will be on the runway at Gatwick at 9am on Weds with the phone in flight mode, so I can support the team in Rome.

What the hell were they thinking?
It is 2024 you can use your phone on the plane, some even have wifi

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can’t wait to see the reports of head butting and the abuse of female fans after this one, you top tier folk are a feisty bunch 🤣

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I see you haven’t flown EasyJet in a while.

In any case you have to have flight mode on for takeoff and landing. Seats were going on sale at 9. My flight time? 08.55 :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Pretty certain you can't. If the plane has wifi then fine but your phone should be in flight mode for the entire flight. You can of course use bluetooth for anything downloaded. Unless of course you have any evidence that the authorities have confirmed that isn't the case?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty certain you can't. If the plane has wifi then fine but your phone should be in flight mode for the entire flight. You can of course use bluetooth for anything downloaded. Unless of course you have any evidence that the authorities have confirmed that isn't the case?
Even if the plane has wifi they don’t usually make it available until well after take-off…….

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Have they still not released the additional block?

Back of a fag packet maths here but it looked like 1100 or so on sale on day 1. Ground holds 17600 odd so 10% is circa 1700 or even more.

Does the unreleased block really hold 600 and have we really held 600 back for comps? Surely not.

Anyone know what gives?
Sorry for the tardy reply but i have only just seen your post..
Block sizes as follows E116 134, E117 149, E216 346, E217 402, N120 431 total 1462 and i think E218 is about 244 which would make just over 1700. I may have missed a few of the disabled area seats but probably not many.
The tickets went very quickly in the first few minutes but i believe, although not entirely sure, that the whole of the other blocks were put on sale and E218 was held back as per usual as this is the block where Tony normally sits and comps are located. To date i have not seen any of that block on sale but i must admit to not looking recently so stand to be corrected on that. I would think that if the club find they have some spare in that block they would certainly release them for sale.
Hope this helps.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Sorry for the tardy reply but i have only just seen your post..
Block sizes as follows E116 134, E117 149, E216 346, E217 402, N120 431 total 1462 and i think E218 is about 244 which would make just over 1700. I may have missed a few of the disabled area seats but probably not many.
The tickets went very quickly in the first few minutes but i believe, although not entirely sure, that the whole of the other blocks were put on sale and E218 was held back as per usual as this is the block where Tony normally sits and comps are located. To date i have not seen any of that block on sale but i must admit to not looking recently so stand to be corrected on that. I would think that if the club find they have some spare in that block they would certainly release them for sale.
Hope this helps.
Cheers Dave. So 1462 on sale to start and not 1100 as per earlier on the thread 👍

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Oh agreed, as did I for a long enough while but, if you really want to go to away games, then you can request the rota facilitates that. (On a somewhat related point, I haven't done any EL away games purely down to work commitments.) I appreciate that certain employers will not do that but, there's c16 w/e away games a season and, given there's 104 Saturdays and Sundays in a calendar year, it's not the highest of obstacles to going.
I’m just wondering if you appreciate just how condescending you are coming across with these replies? Unless you know the poster personally of course?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here