Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford - Am I Unfair in finding them annoying even before they've kicked a ball?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very interesting match tonight.
Not going to judge Brentford tonight, they will play like a cup final and with give no indication to how the season will pan out for them.
Obviously see how Ben White plays, but the interesting one is Ivan Toney, many, including me said try and go for him, he had something about him at Peterborough and did very well last season, really interested to see if he was always capable of scoring in the PL.
Teams coming up always seem to get Arsenal first game, we did all those years ago.
I am 50/50, I like Brentford and want them to do well, but they are a club we need to keep below us at the moment and, unless they are playing us , I have always liked Arsenal and I want to see them challenge the top teams again.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’ve always had a disliking to them and don’t really know why, seeing us lose a couple of 4-0s back in the day probably didn’t help!
They are our worst nightmare with pace , power , pressing, set pieces . All the things we are terrible against!!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
They are our worst nightmare with pace , power , pressing, set pieces . All the things we are terrible against!!!

We're terrible against pressing teams? Teams like Liverpool (from who we took 4/6 points in 20/21), Leeds (6/6), Aston Villa (4/6) and Champions Man City (3/6)?

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
OP - Unless you are a Norwich fan I wouldn't let this perceived slight bother you

as we know quite well as Brighton fans, the league table is not the be all and end all when comparing two teams' abilities

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

I would have said teams like that are our favourites to play against, as per last season.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
OP - Unless you are a Norwich fan I wouldn't let this perceived slight bother you

as we know quite well as Brighton fans, the league table is not the be all and end all when comparing two teams' abilities

You should do the lottery. A Brighton fan with the name of someone with a stand named after him at Turf Moor on the day we play at Turf Moor. What are the chances?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Teams that sat in deep we struggled most against!!

And three of those were relegated and one more plan to be more expansive under their new manager.

Although we start today against the division's low block experts and Rafa's back.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I feel a bit bad for picking on Brentford and have decided to give them my full support in their game next weekend. Who are they playing again?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have a lot of time for Brentford. Know 3 Brentford fans who all have a lot of time for Brighton and have been to the odd Brighton game over the years. Shame about the two chairmen not getting on. But I’m happy another team has broken into the premier league for the first time and I’m sure they will stay there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here