Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brendan Rodgers

el punal

My Liverpool supporting colleague who has not darkened the turnstiles of Anfield for 20 years, and has no links to the city, has been calling for Rodgers' sacking for weeks. He will no doubt be cock-a-hoop tomorrow as Rodgers wasn't good enough to manage a club like Liverpool and their desire for trophies according to him. Txxt really does think that they are special, hopefully the next manager takes them down.

The next manager will have a hard job doing that. You've got Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa and Chelsea ahead of you in the pecking order. :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Similar story developing at Chelsea perhaps with JT?

I definitely think it's the beginning of the end of Jose's Chelsea tenure.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Stupid decision and I really think they'll suffer as a result. They haven't started the season that badly (especially when you consider Sterling and Gerrard going)... Watching Liverpool in the prem 2 seasons ago was the best since Arsenal's invincibles... No team has ever attacked defences in the prem with such speed as they had during that spell. But hey, some will say you cant live in the past!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whether Rodgers was an excellent manager or a useless moron is surely based purely on how much influence you think he had on transfers. If it's true that he had little then it's pretty unfair to judge him as the latter. Seeing as he came within Stevie falling on his arse of winning Liverpool their first title in 250 years, which of course would have meant him getting a sainthood on Merseyside and all the David Brent speak being forgotten.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I work in Liverpool and the opinions on Rodgers have been divided all season, most blame this "committee" that make decisions on buying players, if that does not change I can't see Liverpool improving much. Rodgers didn't want Mario or Lambert at all if the rumours are to be believed and that surely won't work for Klop or Ancelotti .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
...."Not a guy sacked after six months at Reading."

Hmm, so conveniently air-brushing out the two very successful years at Swansea, taking them to the PL via the play-offs and keeping them there playing some very good football. Then putting together a very good Liverpool team that challenged for the title, only for the heart to be ripped out of it through no fault of the manager.
Oh well, this is the place for football opinions not backed up by facts, I suppose.

This! Rodgers got Liverpool closer to winning the title than any other manager in the premier league era by some way. That season with SSS in a front 3 they were also the most attacking team in the league and arguably the best to watch.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I work in Liverpool and the opinions on Rodgers have been divided all season, most blame this "committee" that make decisions on buying players, if that does not change I can't see Liverpool improving much. Rodgers didn't want Mario or Lambert at all if the rumours are to be believed and that surely won't work for Klop or Ancelotti .
He wanted balotelli according to Gerard.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

Smeg, the only reason LFC had a committee was because BR refused to have a DOF. Even though FSG have little knowledge or love of football they understood that giving an unproven manager millions would be unwise. If they had gone for a Klopp or Ancelotti before BR they wouldn't have needed either.
Problem is they didn't have the balls to do that either!

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Smeg, the only reason LFC had a committee was because BR refused to have a DOF. Even though FSG have little knowledge or love of football they understood that giving an unproven manager millions would be unwise. If they had gone for a Klopp or Ancelotti before BR they wouldn't have needed either.
Problem is they didn't have the balls to do that either!

seems like a fair point :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would like to see Chelsea give Jose the chop and nick Klopp from under Liverpools Noses.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Swansea's success has been built on a succession of managers - continuing to this day with Monk - who have maintained the team ethos and built on their predecessors' work. Good managers, good recruitment.

:facepalm:

Just :facepalm:

So you don't think his one way of playing cost them when it really mattered?

Played right into Jose's hands by playing the same way, even Gerrard says this.

His tactics cost them the title.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Whether Rodgers was an excellent manager or a useless moron is surely based purely on how much influence you think he had on transfers. If it's true that he had little then it's pretty unfair to judge him as the latter. Seeing as he came within Stevie falling on his arse of winning Liverpool their first title in 250 years, which of course would have meant him getting a sainthood on Merseyside and all the David Brent speak being forgotten.

Disagree, he agreed to what ever terms are in place, he can not then blame that for failure.

If he didn't like it, he shouldn't have gone.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I would like to see Chelsea give Jose the chop and nick Klopp from under Liverpools Noses.

I suspect Liverpool have acted now to prevent that happening. But if Chelsea are seriously considering giving Jose the chop, I've no doubt that some feelers have already been put out. If Klopp turns Liverpool down it might be worth sticking a few quid on Klopp to Chelsea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think he will have another job soon in the Premier either Newcastle or Villa as both managers must be on dodgy ground at the moment. But will be first choice for a trigger happy Championship chairman. What he will do is leapfrog Gus in the appointments line. Heard at the weekend Gus is considering a job in the MLS but not sure of the accuracy of the source but it is a possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here