Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brendan Rodgers

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
apologies for the poor spelling.. i worked so hard on Advocaat then messed up our very own Hughton
It's a battle.
I have friends and family who worked for the Boston-based publisher Houghton-Mifflin, and will never get it straight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
McClaren and Jose out next I think.....

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Carra/Stevie dream ticket!

In a few years perhaps but currently Carragher (and I may be completely wrong on this so feel free to correct me) hasn't admitted to having any designs on a coaching role and Gerrard is still under contract and playing professionally for LA Galaxy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After Suarez left he was always on a hiding to nothing.
Yes, and losing Suarez was a hammer blow of bad luck - and not Brendan Rogers' fault. He had in fact worked wonders with getting Suarez to behave decently, then the stupid South American c n u t goes off to the WC and sinks his teeth into an opponent again. He had to go then - a club like Liverpool could never continue to employ him.
It was a huge blow to Rogers' attempts to build a team - imagine Ferguson if Rooney had had to quit after his first couple of seasons, or Wenger if Thierry Henry had walked out. That's the magnitude of the Suarez damage.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
very naive if you think he quit, he was forced out the door.

The idiot allowed himself to be forced IN the door at the start of the season. He really should have walked away and kept walking instead of being persuaded to come back. He only just kept them up by a fag paper.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
In a few years perhaps but currently Carragher (and I may be completely wrong on this so feel free to correct me) hasn't admitted to having any designs on a coaching role and Gerrard is still under contract and playing professionally for LA Galaxy.

Ok, you could be right. Stevie Evans it is then!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't see how it's a bad decision.

He has spunked 300 million or trash and forced Gerrard out the door

He should have been sacked after fluffing the title.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Crikey. Can't see the sense. LFC are 10th, and drew last game. two losses in past 8 games..

In contrast, Jose Mourinho must have some serious dirt on the Chelski board, to be with 4 recent losses, knocking on the relegation zone, and still in a job..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On Sunday Supplement a few weeks back the day after Man U beat liverpool one of the journalists mentioned he had heard from a normally reliable source that Rodgers had been set a target of 7 points from 3 games, starting with the Man U game, and that if his information was true, then perhaps he was already on his way out.

There's also a german journo who is sometimes on the guardian football podcast, who it has been heavily hinted has strong links to Klopp, suggested it is the sort of job Klopp might be interested in - a rescue project he could stamp his identity on. Klopp has also been reported to be interested in managing in the premier league...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Crikey. Can't see the sense. LFC are 10th, and drew last game. two losses in past 8 games..

In contrast, Jose Mourinho must have some serious dirt on the Chelski board, to be with 4 recent losses, knocking on the relegation zone, and still in a job..

Jose also won the league and calling cup last year

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Writing was on the wall for the Brodge as soon as they were beaten 3-0 at home by West Ham. He's been on borrowed time ever since then.

He got lucky having Suarez on fire in his team the other year and he still couldn't win the title. Useless manager who has never achieved anything worthy of the salary he commands and never will. Look up "mediocre" in the dictionary at is just says "see Rodgers, B."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here