Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brendan Rodgers

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My Liverpool supporting colleague who has not darkened the turnstiles of Anfield for 20 years, and has no links to the city, has been calling for Rodgers' sacking for weeks. He will no doubt be cock-a-hoop tomorrow as Rodgers wasn't good enough to manage a club like Liverpool and their desire for trophies according to him. Txxt really does think that they are special, hopefully the next manager takes them down.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
£7.3 million payout for the sacking. That should keep Brenny ticking over for a while.
I wish the company I work for did the same thing to me. I would maybe travel round the world for a few years ect.

Rogers did have a tremendous season a few years ago, and if it wasn't for that Gerrard slip up v Chelsea, they probably would have won the title that year. He helped make Suarez the player he is today, but like others have said the big money spent on the squad from the sale of Suarez, Sterling ect has not worked out well, and he seemed unable to sort out the defence. Who knows how much input he had in the transfer policy? Great entertaining football 3years ago though, I'm sure he will be in demand for other big jobs.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Over promoted and overrated. Liverpool need a high pedigree manager not a guy sacked after six months at Reading. Talks the talk and woos the media ( a la Poyet ) but fails to deliver. Flattered by 2nd place, almost entirely aided by a world class striker, playing out of his skin, determined to seduce a galactico club.
Lacks the class to manage a club as big as Liverpool. Poor choice in the first place. Club has not progressed under his stewardship. In fact, they are going backwards.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I really don't get these big payoffs, when some gets sacked. Most 'mortals' get a month in lieu of notice, at most. If deemed no good at the job, they Shirley don't deserve any more £££ ?
People are mainly sacked if they commit gross misconduct. Football managers are under contract so a club can't just decide they don't want them any more and stop paying them. In football, getting 'the sack' actually means getting your contract paid up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£7.3m and no more working weekends?

I'd have a bit of that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to the BBC the decision was made before today's game and even a Liverpool victory would have made no difference.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Over promoted and overrated. Liverpool need a high pedigree manager not a guy sacked after six months at Reading. Talks the talk and woos the media ( a la Poyet ) but fails to deliver. Flattered by 2nd place, almost entirely aided by a world class striker, playing out of his skin, determined to seduce a galactico club.
Lacks the class to manage a club as big as Liverpool. Poor choice in the first place. Club has not progressed under his stewardship. In fact, they are going backwards.

Sam Allardyce

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Here's how I see it..

Rogers stabbed Stevie Gerrard in the back for that slip which cost Liverpool the title by not giving him a coaching job because he knew that he would be ''Manager in waiting'' if he did that..

Gerrard then did the same back stabbing in his book on Rogers after he left, knowing that if he claimed to have been ''ridden out of town'' by Rogers he knew the fans would turn on him as soon as results took a dip.

Players do these sort of things to Manager's all the time and Mangers do the same to players. In the football industry you need to sleep with one eye open and a dagger under your pillow

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Here's how I see it..

Rogers stabbed Stevie Gerrard in the back for that slip which cost Liverpool the title by not giving him a coaching job because he knew that he would be ''Manager in waiting'' if he did that..

Gerrard then did the same back stabbing in his book on Rogers after he left, knowing that if he claimed to have been ''ridden out of town'' by Rogers he knew the fans would turn on him as soon as results took a dip.

Players do these sort of things to Manager's all the time and Mangers do the same to players. In the football industry you need to sleep with one eye open and a dagger under your pillow

Similar story developing at Chelsea perhaps with JT?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Today's result didn't matter, both Ancelotti and Klopp were interviewed two weeks ago. It seems Klopp and Buvac have already signed a three year contract according to Bosnian reports.
Klopp is made for the LFC job, let's see if it was made in heaven.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...."Not a guy sacked after six months at Reading."

Hmm, so conveniently air-brushing out the two very successful years at Swansea, taking them to the PL via the play-offs and keeping them there playing some very good football. Then putting together a very good Liverpool team that challenged for the title, only for the heart to be ripped out of it through no fault of the manager.
Oh well, this is the place for football opinions not backed up by facts, I suppose.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
...."Not a guy sacked after six months at Reading."

Hmm, so conveniently air-brushing out the two very successful years at Swansea, taking them to the PL via the play-offs and keeping them there playing some very good football. Then putting together a very good Liverpool team that challenged for the title, only for the heart to be ripped out of it through no fault of the manager.
Oh well, this is the place for football opinions not backed up by facts, I suppose.

Was that Swansea team his? Martinez assembled most the players if I recall correctly.

Rodgers is an Ok manager that had a mixed bag before he got the Liverpool job, a bit like Mopo at Spurs - both promoted above what they had achieved so far.

Rodgers cost them the title, He won't get a big of a Job as Liverpool again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here