Bozza's been on twitter again: Stephen Ireland

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good player, massive cock (not in a good way)........... deffo worth a gamble on sensible wages but otherwise don't risk the squad harmony. He could do Vicente's job (but actually BE on the pitch) rather well though and pull the strings sort of thing as that luxury central attacking mid in the 4-2-3-1

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
TOP quality player. Premier League standard, easily. He would be one heck of a coup, but Aston Villa would have to do Bridge-type deal financially for us to get him.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Would be this years "Wayne Bridge" signing. Clearly would be outstanding at championship level...anyone saying they don't want a player of his standard either is a) deluded in thinking we can get better or b) someone who knows little about football!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Would be this years "Wayne Bridge" signing. Clearly would be outstanding at championship level...anyone saying they don't want a player of his standard either is a) deluded in thinking we can get better or b) someone who knows little about football!

I read the first page of this thread, got bored with all the usual negativity, skipped to the end and couldn't agree more with THIS. Well said Sir, spot on, get him in pronto.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
According to Wikipeadia Ireland got Villa's fans Player of the Season in 2012, despite only play 24 games. I was sure Villa fans hated him?! Was the award a joke because he hadn't lived up to expectations, or did he really have a good season? A bit mental to say the least, but I would love him here on loan as I assume we can't afford his wages

It was the McLeish season when everyone was dreadful - Ireland had one or two good games, which was one or two more than anyone else that year.

There was also an element of the vote being a protest against McLeish as Ireland was seen as a bit of a rebel, who clearly wanted to play a different type of football than that McLeish insisted on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really not sure about this. A bit too risky in terms of overall squad well-being IMHO. And, yes, he is a quality player.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a person he quite clearly swerves towards tool-like tendancies. There's no denying that.

But as a player I've always rated him. He was the best player on the pitch by about 3 and a half miles when we cobbled our way past Man City in the cup that night. And if he brings some pink hubcaps to the Amex carpark then, well...we can all live with that.

Can't we ?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Perhaps it was off then on again within the space of 4 hours on early Sunday morning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports