Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxing day match travel arrangements.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You probably won't know as I doubt you have that information, are we allowed to use these sites but without a car, as Sainsbury's is 10 minute walk from mine, so would just rock up there on foot and get on the bus.

I know people do at the Racecourse.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Will cycle from Shoreham unless its pissing down. Did it in under an hour last time.

Don't you arrive very sweaty and then get very cold, very quickly? I'd (probably) cycle to football more if I didn't sweat so much.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't you arrive very sweaty and then get very cold, very quickly? I'd (probably) cycle to football more if I didn't sweat so much.

I've jogged there from Burgess Hill in the summer with fresh/dry clothes in a tiny backpack, but not sure I'd want to carry all the layers I'd need for an evening game in midwinter :mad:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You probably won't know as I doubt you have that information, are we allowed to use these sites but without a car, as Sainsbury's is 10 minute walk from mine, so would just rock up there on foot and get on the bus.

You'll still need to book as when I did West Hove P&R previously they were checking booking details to allow on the bus.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I very much doubt any bus or train company will put on buses or trains so a few football fans can get home at 10pm on boxing day.never had never will.

Never will - yes, I very much doubt they ever will. But never had? - you need to check your facts! Up to the 40s - or even the 50s - extra trains were run on Boxing Day; it was a one-day holiday to go home and visit the famiy for thousands of people. plus thousands more football fans going to the match. They'd be trains laid on for fans attending the Christmas Day matches too (which the players would also have travelled on!)

Of course, the matches would have been played in daylight hours - none of Sky Sports' specially inconsiderate 'fvck-the-fans (they don't matter)' times.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The Premier League and TV companies are a bunch of *****.

Really pissed me off this has. I mean who the **** is going to want to watch us v Brentford on Boxing Day evening? Why can they not for once consider the fans it's affecting ffs.

I would have loved to see a German style boycott, although considering there'll be FA people there anyway it might as well be a boycott.

A banner at least would be good to see, sprawled across the empty seats

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Never will - yes, I very much doubt they ever will. But never had? - you need to check your facts! Up to the 40s - or even the 50s - extra trains were run on Boxing Day; it was a one-day holiday to go home and visit the famiy for thousands of people. plus thousands more football fans going to the match. They'd be trains laid on for fans attending the Christmas Day matches too (which the players would also have travelled on!)

Of course, the matches would have been played in daylight hours - none of Sky Sports' specially inconsiderate 'fvck-the-fans (they don't matter)' times.
As I said 10pm at night it's about cost

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
who the **** is going to want to watch us v Brentford on Boxing Day evening?

Us poor fukkas who's in-laws have been invited round.

50+ miles away and I expect to travel alone and maybe sit alone with long walks to and from the stadium. I wonder how early I can start the outward journey?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've jogged there from Burgess Hill in the summer with fresh/dry clothes in a tiny backpack, but not sure I'd want to carry all the layers I'd need for an evening game in midwinter :mad:

Where do you get changed ?

(asking for a friend...)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I very much doubt any bus or train company will put on buses or trains so a few football fans can get home at 10pm on boxing day.never had never will

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Brighton and Hove Buses are supplying (some of) the buses being used to service the park and rides.

They also ran a restricted service all day (no.25) last time there was a game on Boxing Day in 2018 to get fans to/from the match .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Quick look on the ticketing site shows 960 spaces available at West Hove, 926 at Asda, 790 at Pyecombe, and 345 parking spaces at Sussex Uni available. Thats over 3000 cars and hopefully each car will have at least 2 people in. That's on top of the usual parking spaces and usual Park & Ride. Still going to be a huge ballache for most people though.

They will also - I assume - be announcing a shuttle bus service between Lewes and Falmer. They made it work in 2018 - although that was a 530 KO - but presumably the logistics are the same. Sound like they’re repeating the model they set up then .

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1267498/important-travel-info-ahead-of-arsenal-match

I guess Brentford will be laying on subsidised coaches for all their lot. (Arsenal did that in 2018).

https://www.arsenal.com/news/travel-information-brighton-hove-albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here