Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxing day match travel arrangements.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wait to booooo the travel arrangements.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hard to decide without the club announcing what extra provision there will be. National Rail journey planner says no trains from Falmer to Brighton at 21:45 and Brighton Buses journey planner says no buses running at that time. Unless you can walk, cycle, get a coach, or drive then it is impossible to get home as no public transport it seems.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Walk from kitchen boozing to sitting room boozing. Seems fairly straightforward.

The train driver had the whole platform at Falmer to aim for, and he missed...

I bet his approach up the track to just before the station was absolutely wonderful though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hard to decide without the club announcing what extra provision there will be. National Rail journey planner says no trains from Falmer to Brighton at 21:45 and Brighton Buses journey planner says no buses running at that time. Unless you can walk, cycle, get a coach, or drive then it is impossible to get home as no public transport it seems.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2377332/travel-information-brentford

At this point, we can confirm Park and Ride sites to the Amex Stadium from the following locations:

Brendon’s Equestrian Centre – Pyecombe
ASDA – Hollingbury
Sainsbury’s – West Hove
Mill Road – Patcham
Brighton Racecourse

Please note, ASDA, Sainsbury’s and the Equestrian Centre will require booking in advance, due to limited parking spaces. Details of how to book will be advised soon.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2377332/travel-information-brentford

At this point, we can confirm Park and Ride sites to the Amex Stadium from the following locations:

Brendon’s Equestrian Centre – Pyecombe
ASDA – Hollingbury
Sainsbury’s – West Hove
Mill Road – Patcham
Brighton Racecourse

Please note, ASDA, Sainsbury’s and the Equestrian Centre will require booking in advance, due to limited parking spaces. Details of how to book will be advised soon.

Thanks. Good to see West Hove Sainsbury's included.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is my plan also, I suspect with many thousands of others.

The pretendance is going to be ridiculous.

15,000 in the ground, do you think? If that, I reckon.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1901 still get executive transport to and fro.

Web-5-JB_St.TriniansGotherington26082019-8235-1-1024x683.jpg

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
There is additional park and ride as posted by Thunder Bolt. Expect there will be a reduced train and local bus service too but not seen any details on this yet.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
On previous Boxing Day matches there has been similar talk of no public transport and then on the day it turns out that there are enough trains running for Sussex based fans to use.

Anyone know if that is likely to happen again? (Ernest always used to be the train expert...)

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Given family pressures, transport is the least of my problems in terms of attending. Family comes first and so it's highly unlikely I will be there.

Stupid, horrible, money grubbing decision. Just IMO like.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On previous Boxing Day matches there has been similar talk of no public transport and then on the day it turns out that there are enough trains running for Sussex based fans to use.

Anyone know if that is likely to happen again? (Ernest always used to be the train expert...)

Thing is no previous Boxing Day match at the Amex has finished so late before. It'll be about 10pm by the time the masses are leaving. National Rail journey planner saying no trains after the match. Like you say we need someone in the know to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here