[Misc] Boxing Day is better than Christmas Day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Off to the mother-in-laws, can't wait to see my wife's bitchy younger sister and her Stepford kids.

Hopefully they will have all had their daily pill to help the poor little stressed bitches get through life.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Decorations coming down and a chance to clear the house of the tree and all the crap we seem to accumulate. Should be sorted by midday.
On what planet should the decorations and tree come down on Boxing Day. Are you The Grinch?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's me thinking all this shite would be out of everybody's system and we can go back to normal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On what planet should the decorations and tree come down on Boxing Day. Are you The Grinch?
When I was forced into such things, I'd get up early on Boxing Day and have them all down before breakfast.

Happiest day of the year.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Happy sports and leftovers day everyone!

Apart from walking the dog and getting some goose fat cleanly into jars I have bugger all to do and all day to do it in.

I intend to sit in front of the football, occasionally moving for drinks, a fridge raid or a number one.

Fan-bloody-tastic.
In total agreement with you. Boxing Day is much more enjoyable than Christmas Day.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Decorations coming down and a chance to clear the house of the tree and all the crap we seem to accumulate. Should be sorted by midday.

Blimey, did you put them up in mid November or something?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, did you put them up in mid November or something?
The trick is to insist they go up no earlier than the 20th.
Finally back down to a more reasonable date only to end with:-

"But they come down Boxing Day, no returns".

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The trick is to insist they go up no earlier than the 20th.
Finally back down to a more reasonable date only to end with:-

"But they come down Boxing Day, no returns".

Empirical evidence has shown me the earlier that Christmas decorations go up and down the more chavvy the household is.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
‘Christmas’ is clearly just a one day party for a piss up and ’eat up‘ for some folk - why anyone who feels like that about Christmas even celebrates it at all is beyond me tbh.

At least give some thought what it’s all about (even if it’s just using the holiday period we are given to devote ourselves to family time and being ‘kind’ to the world) instead of ‘getting it all over and done with as quickly as possible in a state of inebriation and indigestion’ then rushing to ‘clear up’ the decorations - hardly the spirit imo. Mind you the local Church yesterday did no better - spending the bulk of time passing the parcel for kids, singing a few dirgey carols and then people rushing off to cook lunch without so much as a ‘hello’ - On a day in the Christian calendar that is supposed to herald peace on earth not one mention or prayer for peace for the people of Ukraine or Palestine either 😡

Boxing Day is brilliant though - cold turkey of the tasty kind, sautéed vegetables from leftovers, a slow rest day, watching sports on TV, going to a local football match - time to catch up with in-laws/other family members or friends you didn’t get to see on Christmas Day. I’m glad the Spurs fixture is on 28th though, wouldn’t have been able to go if it was today as no trains running.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Get out of your chair and get ourselves down to Nyewood Lane to watch Bognor Regis Town v Horsham (ko 3.00pm).

It will be an entertaining game, the Rocks have a great clubhouse, you can take a beer out to watch the game with you, plus a very comfortable stand if you fancy a seat. Plus free street parking outside.

And yes, it's pay on the gate.
Nothing like a Sussex Derby - Happy Christmas Mart!

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
Boxing Day was the only day my Dad went out drinking when I was a lad. He went with his brother (a regular imbiber) and his mates. They toured everyone’s house and finished at ours, where they deposited my, by now, tipsy Dad. They always played with whatever new toy I had received for Christmas that year. Memories of my ‘50s childhood. They all drove, and from memory there was no concern about drink driving. Changed times indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports