Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Boxing Day is better than Christmas Day

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Happy sports and leftovers day everyone!

Apart from walking the dog and getting some goose fat cleanly into jars I have bugger all to do and all day to do it in.

I intend to sit in front of the football, occasionally moving for drinks, a fridge raid or a number one.

Fan-bloody-tastic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It would be a perfect day ,if we were playing today on Boxing Day, rather than a Thursday night
I reckon that splits the jury. @Titanic would certainly agree with you. For me, the beauty of Boxing Day is having literally nothing to do after a week of stress. I was so glad they moved our game. I wouldn’t have gone today.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
if my telly goes on today, shoot me.

Boxing Day is just the next 24 hours of Christmas Day.

scooter1

How soon is now?
It’s my lads birthday today, so every year we have the challenge of finding something to do(when there’s no Brighton game), and somewhere to eat that isn’t doing leftover roasts.
Bless the people on Boxing Day that have to work, we are grateful but options are limited

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've just rebuilt a very old water pump found on our new allotment patch . . . Going to head round and investigate the tank and well it lives with, hopefully have it all fully functioning Soon. I need to make a new handle for it, but the pumps restored and works. From a little online research I think it's about 90-100 years old. As good as new inside

Attachments

• IMG_4831.jpeg
    IMG_4831.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4992.jpeg
    IMG_4992.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4993.jpeg
    IMG_4993.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 63

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've just rebuilt a very old water pump found on our new allotment patch . . . Going to head round and investigate the tank and well it lives with, hopefully have it all fully functioning Soon. I need to make a new handle for it, but the pumps restored and works. From a little online research I think it's about 90-100 years old. As good as new inside
Now I’m interested in this thread, this looks more like it. :smile:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Get out of your chair and get ourselves down to Nyewood Lane to watch Bognor Regis Town v Horsham (ko 3.00pm).

It will be an entertaining game, the Rocks have a great clubhouse, you can take a beer out to watch the game with you, plus a very comfortable stand if you fancy a seat. Plus free street parking outside.

And yes, it's pay on the gate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Decorations coming down and a chance to clear the house of the tree and all the crap we seem to accumulate. Should be sorted by midday.
No 'twelve days of Christmas' for you, then? :(

In-laws today so lots of driving and no sauce till late evening.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Bright day an oasis in the depressing sequence of wet and windy weather. Definitely taking the opportunity to get out of the house for Burgess Hill v Lancing at 13:00.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cripes! Our decorations only went up on Saturday (more through poor time management than design). Won't be coming down until 12th Night.
That's the way to do it.

Bit of tension here, as Mrs T likes to get all the trees and lights up 2 weeks beforehand, and starts twitching around Jan 1, but I insist we hold out till 12th night.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Bright day an oasis in the depressing sequence of wet and windy weather. Definitely taking the opportunity to get out of the house for Burgess Hill v Lancing at 13:00.
I do wonder how many will go .. perhaps higher than the average? I'm going

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Attachments

• IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here