Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth to sue hawk eye

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Pretty sure that Howe has already said that notwithstanding the disallowed goal, it was their broader performance that led to relegation. There is no way that they can reasonably justify that the Hawkeye incident is the main reason they went down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Baz Glendenning said:-

The defence against this law suit is pretty simple.
It's the 38 games Bournemouth played and looked pretty piss poor in.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
And anyway, if the goal had been given, Villa would have played the second half with a different approach. You can't say for sure that the match would have ended 1-0 to Sheffield United.

Yes, the 'we're still shit, we're losing and we're going down' approach.

It's incredible that in the richest league in the world, with all the technology that goes with it, a team is staying up because a clearly visible goal was disallowed because a refs watch failed to Buzz. Villa haven't cheated but they haven't stayed up on merit either while a team that should have stayed up on merit has been relegated. It's messy.

Personally, I'd relegate Villa as well and promote both play off finalists...:whistle:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont see they'd have a case as it wasnt directly against them. would be like suing someone involved in an accident for making you late to a business meeting.

and its not Hawk-eye fault anyway, the wasnt sufficent process in place to check it was on. suing the referee or the FA might make more sense.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The thing here is that wouldn't open the door for all sorts of retrospective legal action? Plenty of decisions have been proved to be wrong after the event. Offside, Penalties, fouls, balls going out, corners not given, corners given etc the list is almost endless. Surely somewhere in the rules is a "referees decision is final" and that ultimately will take precedent. Otherwise we would be in the ludicrous position of every single match potentially being open to some form of action by one of the teams if they rightly or wrongly disagree with a decision.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I hope them in charge continue to refine the systems so the same mistakes don't happen twice.....................................:rolleyes:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Mistakes are part of the game. Unfortunately for the 'Muff, a mistake in technology is nothing more than unfortunate. There was no malice or divine foresight in not awarding the goal however shocking a decision it was. Their fate was in their hands, and in comparison to the Sheffield Utd/West Ham Tevez debacle nobody is actually at fault for any wrongdoing in this case.

Honestly, Bournemouth lost 22 games this season, second only to a truly dire Norwich. They can only blame themselves.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If it had been us in their situation I would expect much chuntering among the fans, but I would expect the club to take relegation in a more dignified manner TBH,

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Should really question the referee and assistant. Do they no longer look out for these things because the technology is in place? The ball was over the line for ages and the goalie was making the net move amongst other things. VAR should also have ruled a goal whether it was in their remit or not. The whole episode was farcical and I am not surprised that plucky are angry. Pretty pointless exercise though, other than to highlight the stupidity of it all.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Mistakes are part of the game. Unfortunately for the 'Muff, a mistake in technology is nothing more than unfortunate. There was no malice or divine foresight in not awarding the goal however shocking a decision it was. Their fate was in their hands, and in comparison to the Sheffield Utd/West Ham Tevez debacle nobody is actually at fault for any wrongdoing in this case.

Honestly, Bournemouth lost 22 games this season, second only to a truly dire Norwich. They can only blame themselves.

Youŕe right but didn't West Ham pay out on that? Something I never quite understood

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I might sue Camelot as their technology has stopped me from winning the lottery on several occasions.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If my auntie had boll*+*s, she’d be my uncle, next!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Youŕe right but didn't West Ham pay out on that? Something I never quite understood

West Ham wilfully broke the rules and benefitted from it, hence the payout. There was no rulebreaking at VP, just abject rank incompetence by the officials.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
What is this 'refs association' you speak of and when did they decide it would never be over ruled?

The PGMOL.

I thought it was said after the game that the goal line technology couldn't be over-ruled.

Has this been retracted?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I think any action Bournemouth take will be more about compensation than about changing their relegation status.

The bottom line is that the world can see Sheffield Utd scored a goal, Villa failed to score in that match, they should have lost that match, but then who is to say their survival instinct might not have kicked in earlier, or they might have tried harder vs West Ham to get the win, rather than the single point they needed?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The PGMOL.

I thought it was said after the game that the goal line technology couldn't be over-ruled.

Has this been retracted?
That was said. It is absurd that VAR can look at whether the ball went out for Connolly's goal at Burnley, but cannot look at a clear and obvious mistake by Hawkeye.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here