Boston Marathon + all other related incidents UPDATED

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
10,000 police and military personnel were deployed, they locked down entire neighborhoods and went house to house, room to room, taking people (forcibly) from their homes, and generally bringing a state of urban warfare to an entire community.

That is what happened. Was that necessary and appropriate? I'm not sure it was.
Well they got them and no further members of the public were killed or maimed so I would call that a success wouldn't you?
Yes it is a success that they caught the suspects, but that doesn't mean it's right. Either the police have the authority to search anyone's home when looking for terrorist suspects, or they don't. If they do, then there's no problem, but if they don't then people shouldn't stand for it.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
There's a terrorist on the loose in your vicinity who has killed and maimed people. We have reason to believe he may be hiding in your house. May we search it?

No.

Yes it is a success that they caught the suspects, but that doesn't mean it's right. Either the police have the authority to search anyone's home when looking for terrorist suspects, or they don't. If they do, then there's no problem, but if they don't then people shouldn't stand for it.
To be honest, if in my town a suspected terrorist was at large who is known to have taken shots at and killed one police officer, lobbed some type of explosives at his pursuers, killed 3 people including an 8 year old and maimed 100's more and the authorities wanted to look in my house to ensure he wasn't secreted within or in the garden I would rather they looked than I did.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be honest, if in my town a suspected terrorist was at large who is known to have taken shots at and killed one police officer, lobbed some type of explosives at his pursuers, killed 3 people including an 8 year old and maimed 100's more and the authorities wanted to look in my house to ensure he wasn't secreted within or in the garden I would rather they looked than I did.
I'd also be happy for the police to look round my place, but I'd rather not have to walk down the road with my arms raised, while officers pointed guns at me. And I'd respect the rights of those that didn't want their home searched.

I'd also be happy for the police to look round my place, but I'd rather not have to walk down the road with my arms raised, while officers pointed guns at me. And I'd respect the rights of those that didn't want their home searched.

I must have missed that, I did see people being shown out of their homes but not with guns pointed at them or hands raised.

Did that happen?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must have missed that, I did see people being shown out of their homes but not with guns pointed at them or hands raised.

Did that happen?
See post 452 (appreciate you might have him on ignore, but the first youtube clip is interesting).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's a terrorist on the loose in your vicinity who has killed and maimed people. We have reason to believe he may be hiding in your house. May we search it?

No.
Firstly, they clearly weren't asking nicely, they were telling people to get out of their house (is that legal in Boston?).

Secondly, there isn't a terrorist in my house, we've been in all day with the doors locked. Add to that the fact that for the first time in 3 years I've managed to get a girl to come round (and a fit one I might add) and get naked, of her own free will - if you blow this for me you'll have another terrorist to deal with.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is they key to the whole "boston conspiracy" ....

[video]http://www.youtube.com/verify_controversy?next_url=/watch%3Ffeature%3Dplayer_embed ded%26v%3DuaqUJyUBozI%26bpctr% 3D1366566487[/video]

why is this key? it shows someone can use google maps while in possession of a rather poor taste of 80's TV film score music (seriously is there a CD for these guys to get this stuff on?). it also shows someone is incapable of telling the difference between two seperate widely reported events occuring, one a bomb at 14:50 and the other several hours later at the JFK library. the author wants to pretend they are the same event to create a "proof", ignoring that the times do not match between the tweet and real time line. why are you so gullible?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would love to know what event that involves either a gun, a bomb, or a politician that Dingo doesn't think is a conspiracy?

I have not said that I think this was anything other than it seems.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have not said that I think this was anything other than it seems.

This is true, he has been very careful not to state openly what he is getting at. Then no one can tell him he is wrong!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is true, he has been very careful not to state openly what he is getting at. Then no one can tell him he is wrong!

I have not said that I think this was anything other than it seems, because I think it could be just what it seems.

But - evidence does suggest that the FBI should have had, and maybe did have, some idea of what these guys were up to.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
See post 452 (appreciate you might have him on ignore, but the first youtube clip is interesting).

The 3 items on post 452 consist of a police operation to check on the occupants of a house, no one shot no nasty abuses got bored watching it so did not go to the end. Some nutter in a car shouting at the camera saying how he knew and that no one else could come as close as him to understanding what had happened. I did not get to hear any of his " evidence" as he is just obnoxious and turned him off. The third sequence is the mother of the brothers saying how they could not have done anything like this as they were not that type. Well, any mother would say that about their children.

Hope this saves lots of others a waste of time.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The 3 items on post 452 consist of a police operation to check on the occupants of a house, no one shot no nasty abuses got bored watching it so did not go to the end.
I only watched the first video, the others seemed irrelevant. I didn't suggest anyone was shot. It looks like people were ordered out of their house, and made to walk down the street with their hands raised - which is what I said. And I said while I'd happily let the police into my home if they were looking for a terrorist, I wouldn't want to have to leave at gunpoint, and walk down the street with my hands raised.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well they got them and no further members of the public were killed or maimed so I would call that a success wouldn't you? (Obviously you won't due to your paranoid delusions so a rhetorical question)

Turning Boston into Baghdad is no success.

538042_501510116577449_6049900  24_n.jpg

Boston-martial-law5.jpg

usa-boston-marathon-aftermath.jpg

bpd7.jpg

20910_10151530773908459_188350  3315_n.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Ted Gunderson is a good source, former American Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent In Charge and head of the Los Angeles FBI.

He was most famous for handling the Marilyn Monroe and the John F. Kennedy cases.

Anyone who would mock the suggestion that the U.S. intelligence services are involved in acts of Terrorism should probably give this a listen.

In fact, everybody should watch this video.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports