Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Scary sounding stuff (explosions) at Boston Marathon

What is this world

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
@SkyNewsBreak: Reuters: Police have confirmed another explosion at JFK library in Boston in U.S.

I was driving home from work in Charlestown soon after the first two bombs went off and must have been driving on the expressway pretty near to the JFK museum just as this possible third one went off - it seems a big coincidence if that was an unrelated fire, although the museum is miles away from the Back Bay where the marathon finishes. And if I hadn't been working today, no question: the missus and I would have been at Fenway Park and then gone to join the crowds watching the marathon, exactly like we did two years ago.

Any murder is awful but the news that one of the victims might have been eight years old is heartbreaking.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
No sympathy for Boston. They openly supported the IRA and ultimately that lead to the death of British troops as well as countless innocent people.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm fairly sure the dead eight year old boy didn't support the IRA. :tosser:
Crass, badly timed, and incredibly poor taste, from Aseros (and Danny Baker, for that matter).

But there is a debate to be had here at some point, because the obvious answer to your point Bakero would be:-

3 year old Johnathan Ball & 12 year old Tim Parry didn't want to 'die of the cause' in Warrington, either.

One man's freedom fighter is another man terrorist.
But as said, now certainly isn't the time for that debate.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Scary sounding stuff (explosions) at Boston Marathon

No sympathy for Boston. They openly supported the IRA and ultimately that lead to the death of British troops as well as countless innocent people.

Disgusting

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Re: Scary sounding stuff (explosions) at Boston Marathon

Needless comment.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Crass, badly timed, and incredibly poor taste, from Aseros (and Danny Baker, for that matter).

But there is a debate to be had here at some point, because the obvious answer to your point Bakero would be:-

3 year old Johnathan Ball & 12 year old Tim Parry didn't want to 'die of the cause' in Warrington, either.

One man's freedom fighter is another man terrorist.
But as said, now certainly isn't the time for that debate.

Innocent victims are innocent victims no matter the motives. I really don't see what debate is to be had at this time or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports