Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro attendance.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
1200 Muddlesboro fans at the Amex, none of them live north of Watford Gap.

Correct answer-take out the Southern based fans and given their home crowds you'd be lucky to see 150 at the Amex..

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Copied off another site as at end Feb. Gives you some facts to work with.

I'll try and dig out the mileages later ... seen 'em online somewhere.

Away support.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My mates a massive Boro fan and it seems they're are not too impressed with our following today. He sent me this photo.
Out of interest how many did they bring down here, so I have some kind of argument back !
Your argument is simple. 'boro is an absolute shit hole, and no one would want to go. Followed by 'how many 'boro fans bothered to go?'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would also guess that Brighton is a more appealing option for Boro fans than Teesside (regularly voted one of Britain's worst places to live) is to Albion fans.

Nobody thinks "Hey, let's go to Boro, make a weekend of it", do they?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We scored 2,they scored none,their home crowd is so hum drum,now we're sat at home with a big smile on our face,we're gunna beat them to a play off place!! The End....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's be clear: today was a piss poor turnout that clearly sets the record straight for anyone who believes the Albion are a "big club".

3000 people can give up a day to go to Nottingham but most have gone missing for a crunch match up the road.

Poor.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Their ground always looks shocking on tv. Loads of empty fading red seats every game.

Feb 14, 2010
Let's be clear: today was a piss poor turnout that clearly sets the record straight for anyone who believes the Albion are a "big club".

3000 people can give up a day to go to Nottingham but most have gone missing for a crunch match up the road.

Poor.

If you think Boro is just up the road from Nottingham then I think you need to go to more away games as your grasp of geography is a bit different to mine! Yes, a poor turn out. They will happen when a club has a major journey for every away game all season. Also unlike Northern clubs, we dont have vast numbers of people who have moved from from South to North. Sell out 28000 sell out crowds in the second division and a top four or five away attendance despite the travelling shows Brighton are very much a club with a top ten support in the country. Them's the facts.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Poor.

Train tickets were bloody expensive though...weren't they :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you think Boro is just up the road from Nottingham then I think you need to go to more away games as your grasp of geography is a bit different to mine! Yes, a poor turn out. They will happen when a club has a major journey for every away game all season. Also unlike Northern clubs, we dont have vast numbers of people who have moved from from South to North. Sell out 28000 sell out crowds in the second division and a top four or five away attendance despite the travelling shows Brighton are very much a club with a top tten support in the country. Them's the facts.

Going to Forest: will take you a day.

Going to Middlesbrough: will also take a day.

I go to plenty of away games, thanks. Home games are a 350 mile round trip for me too.

Which is why I feel well placed to say today's turnout was piss poor.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The distance for the team was so great that it was easier to fly there. As regards the fans, two away games on the bounce with just 4 days in between means making a choice for some financially. That, and the fact that Posh have a terrace, means it was a no brainer for me.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I went to Ayresome Park in 1990-91 by coach,we lost 0-1 from memory and just made the play offs but to me the away support seems about the same today as it was back then,we averaged about 8,500 at home that year...so perhaps one can agree with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and draw their own conclusion..

That said i would not care if we had no away support at all,if we could maintain our home gates for many years to come..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Poor.

Sorry boss, but for once in a blue moon, you are talkin garbage or your red herring has fallen on deaf ears?

When as many Brighton live within sixty/seventy miles of Boro as Brass Monkeys live south of Watford, we can compare. Until then a 330 mile each way trip says F U, OK?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Going to Forest: will take you a day.

Going to Middlesbrough: will also take a day.

I go to plenty of away games, thanks. Home games are a 350 mile round trip for me too.

Which is why I feel well placed to say today's turnout was piss poor.

Round trip fella, round trip.

Sorry but you are wrong on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here