Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro attendance.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
From where I was sitting, in the West Stand (another lurker to swell the Albion attendance), it looked a pretty poor turnout, from both sets of supporters. The total crowd looked more like about 11 or 12k, rather than the 'official attendance'– and what a devalued term that has become.
The disappearance of half the Middlesbrough fans following our second was shocking to behold – having nothing to do with trains, park-and-ride buses or pies. And everything to do with apathy.
As for noise, the Albion fans weren't really audible until the goals. But hey, Middlesbrough's a hugely expensive trip to a pretty dull place, and I certainly don't blame people for preferring to spend their hard-earned on Peterborough instead.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I expect when we're in the prem away games will be a little more appealing to more people. While riverside is quite new it ain't no falmexia. However, a Peter's pie and a bottle of carlesberg was only 3.10 if I remember rightly.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
i went yesterday and the stewards said about 600 tickets sold and were anticipating 200 potg. I was sad yesterday boro are a proper club with a great stadium that was about 1/3 full worrying times their I think. Was a very good game great away performance by us - but very hard to generate an sort of atmosphere as the ground was so empty - boro fans were just not up for it apart from a stupid constant drummer. For all my fellow albion fans that travelled top effort as it was a long day up at 6am and back in brighton for 10.30pm. Drive home was joy great 3pts.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Let's be clear: today was a piss poor turnout that clearly sets the record straight for anyone who believes the Albion are a "big club".

3000 people can give up a day to go to Nottingham but most have gone missing for a crunch match up the road.

Poor.

628 mile round trip 10 hours in my car £100 in diesel for all that made the trip regardless of location you post is poor.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was poor however Middlesbrough is just about the most depressing place in the UK in my view.

The only positive when visiting these types of places is you can go home to the South afterwards.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Let's be clear: today was a piss poor turnout that clearly sets the record straight for anyone who believes the Albion are a "big club".

3000 people can give up a day to go to Nottingham but most have gone missing for a crunch match up the road.

Poor.

Can only assume you have been to every game this season, home and away, which allows you to spout that off.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
i went yesterday and the stewards said about 600 tickets sold and were anticipating 200 potg. I was sad yesterday boro are a proper club with a great stadium that was about 1/3 full worrying times their I think. Was a very good game great away performance by us - but very hard to generate an sort of atmosphere as the ground was so empty - boro fans were just not up for it apart from a stupid constant drummer. For all my fellow albion fans that travelled top effort as it was a long day up at 6am and back in brighton for 10.30pm. Drive home was joy great 3pts.

Lucky.. I was up at 4:30am and back at 11:30pm

Mr-N

Mar 31, 2012
I know there are alot of times when we * whatever town * is a shit hole, I wanna go home, but Middlesbrough was a shit hole and I definitely wanted to go home.

Worth the long day in the end mind, and will do if circumstances stay the same.

Attendance could have been more I agree.

Went on my own as according to regular travel buddys " It's too far " :ffsparr:

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I took this photo a few mins into the game and have to say it was a pretty poor effort. Was speaking to a few of thiers before the game and they all said that they had lost interest

Boro.jpg

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I went to nottingham and M'Boro but I am not doing P'Boro or Leeds. I am now confused if I am a bad fan or a good fan?

Can someone please confirm for me?

I didnt think it was a bad turnout. The train was about £20 more than other recent away games and like others have said, Tuesday is probably a bit more appealing than Saturday was, and there is the possibility of another away game and Wembley coming up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here