Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Boris sends gunboats to defend Jersey'

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Brilliant to see people standing up to us. We have ****ed everything up for almost five solid years and some didn’t think there’d be any consequences! What an inept, self-serving, corrupt, joke Britain has become.

#notinmyname

You are weird!

Whilst I think Brexit was an enormous cock up, why would you want to see other nations ‘standing up to us’? Not me obviously. Why would you now not want the best outcome for all, even if not for the UK?

Are you kind of guy who would support Mars in a game of nuclear war against the Earth?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You have misunderstood. Again.
The actions of the French today illustrate that the rest of that world has not bought into the flag-waving, sunlight uplands fairytale. The sooner people like yourself disillusion yourself of that propaganda, the sooner we can start to repair the mess you’ve made.

Why, one only has to glance at the calibre of man on here that voted Leave. 99% are thoroughly unpleasant.

So no, not a fishing trip. Just some facts you don’t like.

Didn’t take long for the insults to start flying. There’s a fair bit of flag waving emanating from the other side of the channel.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are weird!

Whilst I think Brexit was an enormous cock up, why would you want to see other nations ‘standing up to us’? Not me obviously. Why would you now not want the best outcome for all, even if not for the UK?

Are you kind of guy who would support Mars in a game of nuclear war against the Earth?

I will not follow a cause blindly. I will not support my own government if it is hurting my country.
I don’t like bullies and I don’t like stupidity. When we are bullying people and being stupid, I’m glad people are standing up to us. And I hope if we continue to try and bully people and we continue to be stupid, people will continue to stand up to us.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I will not follow a cause blindly. I will not support my own government if it is hurting my country.
I don’t like bullies and I don’t like stupidity. When we are bullying people and being stupid, I’m glad people are standing up to us. And I hope if we continue to try and bully people and we continue to be stupid, people will continue to stand up to us.

:lolol: :lolol: double standards re the bullying old boy ......top class shit puffinry....:thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Trying to look after the fishing rights of the fishermen of the Channel Islands, strange definition of bullying. Oh well.........

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There are too many instances of people mistaking inconvenient truths for insults on this board.

‘ Why, one only has to glance at the calibre of man on here that voted Leave. 99% are thoroughly unpleasant.’

You have aimed this at people who disagree with you. It is 100 % an insult and illustrates the reason Brexit is only discussed in the Bear Pit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was a former UK ambassador to France interviewed on BBC News this morning who spoke a lot of sense. First up he said that the Brexit deal was such a broad brush that there was always going to be a lot of lower level detail mssing that would need to resolved locally. Secondly he marvelled at the French ability to mobilise its workers (eg farmers, fishermen) to bounce their grievances to the top of the agenda - and the news broadcasts - through highly focused direct action

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
‘ Why, one only has to glance at the calibre of man on here that voted Leave. 99% are thoroughly unpleasant.’

You have aimed this at people who disagree with you. It is 100 % an insult and illustrates the reason Brexit is only discussed in the Bear Pit.

I was being very nice indeed to 1% of them :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There is a bigger picture here, the French are obviously not happy about the fishing rights, but name a time when they have.
The French have been fishing closer and closer to our waters as there own over fished supply is drying up.

From the Telegraph in January 2020, predicting this.
No-deal risks triggering a European fishing war with the French pitted against a mainly Dutch armada competing for dwindling stocks if shut out of UK waters.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...european-neighbours-locked-british-waters-no/

Our Government has clearly messed up, and should have been stronger in negotiations.
We should have helped the British fishing industry more, and the French are doing what they normally do, which is what they want, they are never happy, they hate us with a passion, it must be hard to be such a large well established country forever being beaten by it's smaller neighbour all over the world.

Everyone needs to go back to the drawing board, for the best of all involved both French & British.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot 2021-05-06 124257.png

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

I wonder where PPF is today ? Probably buying more Kleenex.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There was a former UK ambassador to France interviewed on BBC News this morning who spoke a lot of sense. First up he said that the Brexit deal was such a broad brush that there was always going to be a lot of lower level detail mssing that would need to resolved locally. Secondly he marvelled at the French ability to mobilise its workers (eg farmers, fishermen) to bounce their grievances to the top of the agenda - and the news broadcasts - through highly focussed direct action

do they have Strictly , Love Island and Big Brother in France ....?? :)???

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
You have misunderstood. Again.
The actions of the French today illustrate that the rest of that world has not bought into the flag-waving, sunlight uplands fairytale. The sooner people like yourself disillusion yourself of that propaganda, the sooner we can start to repair the mess you’ve made.

Why, one only has to glance at the calibre of man on here that voted Leave. 99% are thoroughly unpleasant.

So no, not a fishing trip. Just some facts you don’t like.
I've misunderstood nothing,you're better off fishing for easier prey.

***oh, and I voted remain***

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've misunderstood nothing,you're better off fishing for easier prey.

I am quite sincere in my opinions and your attempts to discredit them are, I’m afraid, awfully transparent. Disagree by all means. That is the very life- force of debate but to write them off as “fishing” because you find them unpalatable is a sign of weakness. I would hope you can do better.

But on topic, I see the French boats are reportedly starting to disperse. As they said they would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here