Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Start enforcing the effing law then, get the police to start rounding up those flouting the rules. Refuse entry to everywhere for people that dont wear masks, once they start starving they might just buck their ideas up ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This x 100.

This is a very fast moving situation. Put yourself in his shoes. He has to listen to the experts, when things change he then has to react. Everyone cries u-turn, but if things change what is he supposed to do? It’s a nightmare situation and they are doing the best they can do based on the advice they are given.
This X 100 too - thank goodness there are some with common sense on here, although they may not be fans of Boris - or even dislike him a lot - are not spouting bollocks about him personally causing thousands of deaths.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have to say, I've given up being fazed by this anymore. People stick to the rules, keep their end of the bargain, and then government mismanagement ruins it for everyone.

Genuinely what's the point. So many countries are virtually back to normal, meanwhile we can't even have a leader who shows up on time when announcing the next wave of restrictions. This year has been one blow after another, each one more avoidable than the last.

So to protect my sanity I've simply decided it's not worth caring about it anymore. I'll follow the rules, or at least protect my family to the best of my ability, but the whole thing is so draining.

The problem is people don't stick to the rules or at least the majority do but a minority don't. And the rules haven't really been enforced. It only takes a few to spread it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good luck to whoever is going to attempt to stop those from tier 4 areas travelling to go Christmas shopping in nearby towns in tier 2, seems like a fantastic way to spread this ‘new strain’ :rolleyes:

It will be the same as every other lockdown. Some will adhere very strongly others will just ignore and carry on as normal believing they are infallible then blame the government when it goes wrong like those who marched through Brighton who believe it is all a conspiracy. They should all have been charged

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I have to say, I've given up being fazed by this anymore. People stick to the rules, keep their end of the bargain, and then government mismanagement ruins it for everyone.

Genuinely what's the point. So many countries are virtually back to normal, meanwhile we can't even have a leader who shows up on time when announcing the next wave of restrictions. This year has been one blow after another, each one more avoidable than the last.

So to protect my sanity I've simply decided it's not worth caring about it anymore. I'll follow the rules, or at least protect my family to the best of my ability, but the whole thing is so draining.

I totally 100% agree with this.

Utterly sick of being micromanaged. I do my best but please Sage stop trying to convince you know any more than anyone else...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We need police and army road checks set.up on borders for tier 4 areas, too many selfish people.will try and ignore the new rules otherwise.

And shoot them if they try to cross the Tamar.

(Edit: Another call for any out-of-work border-wall builders)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This X 100 too - thank goodness there are some with common sense on here, although they may not be fans of Boris - or even dislike him a lot - are not spouting bollocks about him personally causing thousands of deaths.

so are you saying that the virus would be as prevalent if our once great nation was led by a balloon on a stick?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But no matter what he announces the Tory haters will blame him regardless

He has had hard decisions to make, I agree, but he has got most wrong. His original plan for Christmas was a major mistake as was decision to allow universities students to go to/back to uni especially as the majority are doing distance learning which they could have done at home. Some of the issues go back to Cummings and not punishing him but once the police indicated they would not enforce the law then it was clear something had to be done. Its a state of emergency , employ extra people to enforce the laws not hard, use the military if you have to (it was done in Northern Ireland). Should have put Brexit off until this disease had been conquered.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where have they announced that only parts of the South East will be tier 4? Surely the whole area should be locked down if this strain is so contagious.

Maps (colour coded) were shown and are on the BBC website. It seems to be simply (for now) that some T3 areas are now T4, others haven’t changed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Start enforcing the effing law then, get the police to start rounding up those flouting the rules. Refuse entry to everywhere for people that dont wear masks, once they start starving they might just buck their ideas up ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I am sorry, but the minimal percentage of people not wearing masks is not affecting numbers - its an easy target for those venting.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I read that to mean he would have preferred any other UK Government to have been in charge, rather than this one. Can't see what's 'despicable' about that :shrug:

My point entirely, some people obviously struggle though ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here