Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Following the science
New variant now shooting up in all areas of England
Not a National Lockdown as the Isles of Scilly remain in tier 1 (but closed to non residents)
We're doing a really great job on rolling the vaccine out
Without Brexit we wouldn't be in such a strong position on vaccines
I don't really want to do any of this, but we need to get the R rate down
Their are no problems in extending the period between the two vaccine jabs
I known the whole country is behind us in fighting this virus and I'm sure that by Easter we will all be hugging loved ones
Really concerned about South African variant which is why we need to take this action that I didn't want to do
Schools are still safe but we must wherever possible restrict contact and therefore reduce the spread of the virus
By all staying home and avoiding contact with others outside of your household we can, as we have before bring this virus under control and save the NHS

And 1 outsider
Face masks must now be worn all the time when outside of your home.

Close but you missed out

- "With Deep regret"
- Random Latin phrase chucked in Del Trotter style
- Deliberately uncombed hair

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hopefully this time round the uber-libertarian Boris will be forced by wiser heads to make the restrictions compulsory, with sanctions that will be enforced (and without the police being allowed to say they are too busy!).

These stirring address the nation moments really bring out the best in Boris, the man, who despite falling terribly ill himself, rallied the nation in our darkest hour ... positively Churchillian. :salute:

21071508-0-image-a-80_1573854312225.jpg
Closing schools a day after telling the country they were safe and people should send their kids in is so inept it hurts. As if the situation has changed that much in 24 hours.
Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really don't like to ask, but you did understand who and what the three of you were voting for a year ago ? In case, you didn't, it was to put Johnson in charge of everything for 5 years (and obviously, being a democracy, you got what you wanted)

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Impossible. The police don't have time.

The only way that restrictions will work is with public buy in and a culture of following the rules (which is why place like Japan and Korea have done so well). This was actually ok initially in the UK, but took a massive hit when Cummings took his road trip and our incompetent PM didn't sack him instantly.

Cock and bull. Public buy in hasn't worked because whilst the majority have, it's a dumb minority (and growing) that doesn't think it applies to them. The Police set the tone by the ridiculous engage and educate policy. Fine them from the start. You'll not get everyone but that will send a message. All these parities attended by 100s and yet only a handful of fines each time. Chief Constables have let the country down.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Closing schools a day after telling the country they were safe and people should send their kids in is so inept it hurts. As if the situation has changed that much in 24 hours.

Monumentally bad leadership, he must have known he was lying to the nation we he said it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I really don't like to ask, but you did understand who and what the three of you were voting for a year ago ? In case, you didn't, it was to put Johnson in charge of everything for 5 years (and obviously, being a democracy, you got what you wanted)

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

I'm no fan of Johnson by a long way but you need to remember what the alternative was!!!

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Any guesses as to what the new 3 word slogan for the divs who voted for Boris will be?

I cannnot see why you felt it necessary to call anyone who voted for Boris a 'div'. At best it's a childish insult. You may not agree with hm but it is, perhaps, worth reminding you that a great many more people voted for Boris et al than voted against him. As it happens, me included.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Going back to the footie analogy, on the basis that Johnson always seems to be playing catchup with Nicola Sturgeon, I would suggest current score is about 5-0 to the caledonians. Never in my lifetime has England been so far behind.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Going back to the footie analogy, on the basis that Johnson always seems to be playing catchup with Nicola Sturgeon, I would suggest current score is about 5-0 to the caledonians. Never in my lifetime has England been so far behind.

Vote Graham Potter.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Bet that people will still be able to travel in and out of the country without testing and supervised quarantine till cleared.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
On Marr yesterday BJ was asked if he would be resigning he gave a categoric no he was also aske if schools should remain closed again a categoric no

He's known as a lying toad so it could be both

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
8.10pm Keir Starmer smugly telling the nation " I told you so" and claiming a moral victory.

Starmer's real-time view tends to be what experts are advising in the moment.

I'm not surprised the Tories call him Captain Hindsight when they have no concept of foresight and routinely ignore the experts until it is too late.

We're an island yet still have the highest deaths in Europe - it's a joke.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
hes going to give himself a nighthood for his winningest control of virus

Arise Sir Bumblec*nt

Regards

DF

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

And what most Tory voters fail to grasp is every time she makes the right call at the right time - making Boris look like a clueless **** - she wins a few more supporters for independence.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

1928 the last time we conceded 5 against the Scots in a 5-1 defeat at Wembley.
We were losing 5-0 until an 89th minute goal from Bob Kelly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here