Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If thats type of journalism you enjoy fair enough but not for me. I prefer to focus on what is to come rather then what could have been.
The problem is you can't hold people to account for what is to come. They can promise all sorts of undeliverable stuff. Obviously this government wouldn't dream of going down that road...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's what annoys me most. Media appearances from Johnson yesterday and Hancock today about how safe schools are yet it seems they are on the verge of flipping that completely. They are no less safe tomorrow than yesterday

The argument over reopening schools after Christmas was only ever going to go one way, in exactly the same way that the Christmas three family Bubble was doomed almost from the day it was proposed. case numbers are almost going vertical on the graph and to put a few million kids back in to the merry mixer of school after Christmas would be insanity.

As usual, Johnson's hand is forced, he seems to be the only person believing that " Schools are not the problem " while everyone else can see otherwise. It's a good move by Sturgeon to lockdown now while Scotland is a month behind the curve of cases spiking in England, this meant that Johnson has to reluctantly act, even though it's too late as usual.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Following the science
New variant now shooting up in all areas of England
Not a National Lockdown as the Isles of Scilly remain in tier 1 (but closed to non residents)
We're doing a really great job on rolling the vaccine out
Without Brexit we wouldn't be in such a strong position on vaccines
I don't really want to do any of this, but we need to get the R rate down
Their are no problems in extending the period between the two vaccine jabs
I known the whole country is behind us in fighting this virus and I'm sure that by Easter we will all be hugging loved ones
Really concerned about South African variant which is why we need to take this action that I didn't want to do
Schools are still safe but we must wherever possible restrict contact and therefore reduce the spread of the virus
By all staying home and avoiding contact with others outside of your household we can, as we have before bring this virus under control and save the NHS

And 1 outsider
Face masks must now be worn all the time when outside of your home.

You are Carrie Symonds and I claim my five pounds!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whatever Nicola Sturgeon did 2 weeks ago.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The argument over reopening schools after Christmas was only ever going to go one way, in exactly the same way that the Christmas three family Bubble was doomed almost from the day it was proposed. case numbers are almost going vertical on the graph and to put a few million kids back in to the merry mixer of school after Christmas would be insanity.

As usual, Johnson's hand is forced, he seems to be the only person believing that " Schools are not the problem " while everyone else can see otherwise. It's a good move by Sturgeon to lockdown now while Scotland is a month behind the curve of cases spiking in England, this meant that Johnson has to reluctantly act, even though it's too late as usual.

And is exactly why mine haven't returned to school today. I'm keeping them safe. It wasn't worth it for a day or 2 of increased risk factors.

I can picture Johnson stood between pillars fist raised with the final countdown playing but with countdown switched to lockdown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here