Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring Boring Albion

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I agree with most of this however, why when we conceded the equaliser, did Kuszczak wave his defence forward so often and revert to hoofing the ball into Reading's half? This is the tactic we usually employ in the last 5 minutes of a game and invariably results in the the opposition regaining possession, thereby guaranteeing us a nail biting conclusion!

That was exactly my complaint. For the ten minutes after the sending off we were so stupid. Ulloa had won nothing in the air all game and the only way we looked to threaten from the back in the first half was when Upson or Greer brought the ball out of defence and comitted someone, creating a gap for us to work with. That 10 minutes of hoofball was rubbish. When we went back to playing it mainly on the ground we started to look threatening again. A bit of a panic I thought- maybe a little more planning at the 10 vs 11 stuff needed.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
So boring to beat QPR 2-0 at home. I long for the days where we can have a stable 1-1 draw against Cambridge United.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It was hardly an inspiring performance though was it. I think the "papering over the cracks" thread needs to be bounced again.

I thought we battled well for 90 minutes against a team that on paper is much better than us. I admit I found the first half against Reading really dull but tonight I was entertained.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Thought it was much better tonight. Even if it had finished 0-0 it would have been an improvement.
By playing Buckley as a right attacker it gives us pace and options on both sides of the pitch.
I like Lopez (but not in that role) but we play much better without him and for me at least having pace on both sides makes it far less boring to watch.
(good attacking subs too - well done Oscar)

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
We're all entitled to an opinion! Just saying, for me that was as bad as the reading performance. 3 shots to their 21. 2 late goals lead to people with short memories but if we had drawn 0-0 people would be kicking off now after another lacklustre showing

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought we battled well for 90 minutes against a team that on paper is much better than us. I admit I found the first half against Reading really dull but tonight I was entertained.

Fantastic game of football, some great skills on show, 2 sides really trying to win.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was hardly an inspiring performance though was it. I think the "papering over the cracks" thread needs to be bounced again.

In contrast to games we could and should have won, but didn't get the 3 points. Luck generally evens itself out, and it was no insult to have not bossed this game against a team and squad that have cost many times that of the current Albion's to assemble.

Orson Cart

Oct 10, 2012
I thought it was actually a pretty entertaining game tonight and showcased our strengths (really solid defensive team with Upson sublime and PIG in great form) and weaknesses (at the front). But then I thought Bruno lost the ball too often and should have been subbed, just before his beautiful cross for Ulloa - so what do I know. Oh, and unsung hero of the evening for me was Ince, who just never gave up and who I suspect the QPR midfield hated having to play against.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here