Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring Boring Albion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The other side are very mean and stop us scoring, and sometime they have the cheek to score themselves.

Go and watch Hyde United. At least they are consistent.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm not sure it was tactical, we had chances after we scored, but Reading upped their own game and put us under a bit of pressure going into HT. I didn't see any tactical decisions that led to this other than giving some credit to Reading for pushing us back.

After HT I thought we started reasonably brightly, if anything Greer got sent off covering the full back position because we were pushing up. The sending off then changed the game.

I agree, after going down to 10 men I felt we panicked a bit and sat too deep, then again, down to 10 men and 1 nil up, you could understand the players trying to protect what they had.

We didn't prove we had the ability to cover off the opposition counters either, once they scored, they also had something to protect and backed off from the all out attack prior to them equalising. It then became a counter attacking game for both sides.

I really don't believe it was any kind of tactical plan to sit on the edge of our box like we did, it happened because we didn't keep the ball well enough and they threw men forward and put us under a lot of pressure. That's not tactical, that is just football.

I agree with most of this however, why when we conceded the equaliser, did Kuszczak wave his defence forward so often and revert to hoofing the ball into Reading's half? This is the tactic we usually employ in the last 5 minutes of a game and invariably results in the the opposition regaining possession, thereby guaranteeing us a nail biting conclusion!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I must be really weird then, because I've actually enjoyed this season. Especially seeing Rohan Ince and Solly March developing into fine players. Bruno has entertained me, PIG has really impressed me, Ward has been a revelation - considering how negative people were about him. I've enjoyed seeing Upson show his class and I still get a rush of excitement when Kaz and Bucks enter the fray. Oh yeah and Ulloa sometimes make me think we have a very decent striker. Yes, I have enjoyed it so far. I've also won enough money now on the Goldstone Gamble/Priestfield ?/Withdean wager/Amex hat trick to cover the £2 I spend on it every game. What's not to be happy about?

Well said. I am enjoying things at the moment as well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be fair it's not just this season. Results and league position's apart. The football has been pretty boring since we have been at the Amex. You can count the number of really exciting games on one hand, over the last three season's. Unless you are talking about the last 15mins, when we have been chasing games, after boring the opposition to death with our passing game in front of their two banks of four, just watching us keep possession.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think the last time I was genuinely bored at an Albion game was at home to Hull in the 2011-12 season. A 0-0 that seemed to go on forever and was seemingly peerless in its tedium.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If you pick a team with virtually zero pace (Jesse being the exception) and leave 3 wingers on the bench, then you can expect virtually zero excitement. This is what we got. What a huge ****ing surprise.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can't be bothered to read this thread but if anybody was bored during the Wigan game had maybe go and find a different sport

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Boring is not quite the word - more frustrating and disappointing. Saturday against Reading was exciting in the end but only through us trying to hang on with ten men and scrapping like an away team to a point.

For my money - at home especially - I want to see my team at least try to take the game to the opposition and be set up to score goals. Players like Buckley and Lua Lua are exciting and entertaining and I want to see them unleashed on the opposition rather than us try to nick the odd goal and rely on our defence. This in turn is why the atmosphere at many home games this season has been pretty poor in my opinion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair it's not just this season. Results and league position's apart. The football has been pretty boring since we have been at the Amex. You can count the number of really exciting games on one hand, over the last three season's. Unless you are talking about the last 15mins, when we have been chasing games, after boring the opposition to death with our passing game in front of their two banks of four, just watching us keep possession.

Without much thought

Leeds
Liverpool
Southampton
Derby

Sheff Wed
Newcastle
Arsenal
Palace
Blackpool

Leicester
Wigan

I guess you are not re-newing then

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Without much thought

Leeds
Liverpool
Southampton
Derby

Sheff Wed
Newcastle
Arsenal
Palace
Blackpool

Leicester
Wigan

I guess you are not re-newing then

Of course i'm re-newing. I need something to moan about on a Saturday afternoon. The only time I won't renew, is when the cost becomes to much to justify. Which to be fair, is not far off but not there just yet.

Yoda

English & European
In knights book it says Hinsh could of taken Sidwell and toure on loan before the season started but he thought Marney and wilkinson were better..

He was offered to Hinsh at the start of the season by Liam Brady, who was in charge of the Arsenal youth. Hinsh said he was no better than we already had.
You're right in that he didn't come on loan until Coppell took over, but Hinsh did turn him down, so vulture is right too.

Ah! That I did not know. The only thing you could say in Hinsh's defence is that Marney & Wilkinson were not considered to be first choice. Circumstances with 11 players injured made them that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can't be bothered to read this thread but if anybody was bored during the Wigan game had maybe go and find a different sport

Wigan. No.
Reading. A bit dull.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Boring is not quite the word - more frustrating and disappointing. Saturday against Reading was exciting in the end but only through us trying to hang on with ten men and scrapping like an away team to a point.

For my money - at home especially - I want to see my team at least try to take the game to the opposition and be set up to score goals. Players like Buckley and Lua Lua are exciting and entertaining and I want to see them unleashed on the opposition rather than us try to nick the odd goal and rely on our defence. This in turn is why the atmosphere at many home games this season has been pretty poor in my opinion.

Yes! Agreed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can anyone remember when it was last this boring to watch the Albion

I've found someone with a similar memory to your own

dreamstime_5422385cometgoldfish.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why when we conceded the equaliser, did Kuszczak wave his defence forward so often and revert to hoofing the ball into Reading's half? This is the tactic we usually employ in the last 5 minutes of a game and invariably results in the the opposition regaining possession, thereby guaranteeing us a nail biting conclusion!

Frustrating, isn't it? I hate it when we do that. Yet this is what people like our friend Kev, below, seem to want:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here