Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring Boring Albion

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sidwell didn't come in until Coppell took over. ;)

He was offered to Hinsh at the start of the season by Liam Brady, who was in charge of the Arsenal youth. Hinsh said he was no better than we already had.
You're right in that he didn't come on loan until Coppell took over, but Hinsh did turn him down, so vulture is right too.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When everything seems to click it is good to watch, but most of the time it seems a bit disjointed at the mo.
I've only seen the televised games though, so a small cross section taken into consideration.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If this is boring then I will have boring for rest of my life .

We are a top half championship side . Get a grip you cheese slice

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you want excitement I would have Monokana on the bench as a wild card.

I have watched him a few times (on you tube live coverage) and he is FAST. Last night the commentator said something like "you would need a motorbike to catch him"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, the last time we played boring football was last season in between beating Sheffield Wednesday at home 3-0 and beating Crystal Palace at home 3-0.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Some total morons on this forum seriously I do not believe what I'm reading. Moaning wankers.

So anyone that has a different point of view to you is a moron and a wanker? You must have a very high opinion of yourself.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Can anyone remember when it was last this boring to watch the Albion

It's not boring. however, our tactics when we go a goal up are questionable.

On Saturday, our midfield sat so deep that there was no real outlet for the counter attack before Buckley came on and we don't have the quality in midfield to soak up that amount of pressure like we did
for that amount of time, like we would when the likes of Buckley, Kaz , March or Orlandi play.

I'm firmly in the "we ****ed it up" camp from Saturday. We've seen players sent off before but to sit as deep as we did Saturday when 1-0 was shocking.

We proved that when we need to attack that we have the ability to cover off the opposition counters and to cause problems to other teams and so I'm baffled why we've gone from moving the ball quickly to attack with pace to isolating our main striker.

Saturday was tactical suicide when considering the calibre of players Reading had and for that the management team need to be accountable.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

On Saturday, our midfield sat so deep that there was no real outlet for the counter attack before Buckley came on and we don't have the quality in midfield to soak up that amount of pressure like we did
for that amount of time, like we would when the likes of Buckley, Kaz , March or Orlandi play.

I'm firmly in the "we ****ed it up" camp from Saturday. We've seen players sent off before but to sit as deep as we did Saturday when 1-0 was shocking.

We proved that when we need to attack that we have the ability to cover off the opposition counters and to cause problems to other teams and so I'm baffled why we've gone from moving the ball quickly to attack with pace to isolating our main striker.

Saturday was tactical suicide when considering the calibre of players Reading had and for that the management team need to be accountable.

There's a mentality from teams now to defend and not concede and nick a goal or two to win games. Was listening to a former pro talking about Sheffield utd and that's basically what he said. Doesn't make for a great spectacle but if it wins games, it wins games.
I used to like the Keegan approach. Far more enjoyable to watch

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Boring boring mutts nuts

Boring attention seeking troll, starts a stupid thread and then watches all the replies. Just like ernest, it's probably their only source of self esteem :yawn:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You hit the nail on the head we were fighting, we are currently rolling over and getting our tummy tickled every game ****ing rubbish

We are aren't we? We're getting battered every game. So fed up of it. Where are we in the table again? 21st? 23rd?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm not sure it was tactical, we had chances after we scored, but Reading upped their own game and put us under a bit of pressure going into HT. I didn't see any tactical decisions that led to this other than giving some credit to Reading for pushing us back.

After HT I thought we started reasonably brightly, if anything Greer got sent off covering the full back position because we were pushing up. The sending off then changed the game.

I agree, after going down to 10 men I felt we panicked a bit and sat too deep, then again, down to 10 men and 1 nil up, you could understand the players trying to protect what they had.

We didn't prove we had the ability to cover off the opposition counters either, once they scored, they also had something to protect and backed off from the all out attack prior to them equalising. It then became a counter attacking game for both sides.

I really don't believe it was any kind of tactical plan to sit on the edge of our box like we did, it happened because we didn't keep the ball well enough and they threw men forward and put us under a lot of pressure. That's not tactical, that is just football.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I'm not sure it was tactical, we had chances after we scored, but Reading upped their own game and put us under a bit of pressure going into HT. I didn't see any tactical decisions that led to this other than giving some credit to Reading for pushing us back.

After HT I thought we started reasonably brightly, if anything Greer got sent off covering the full back position because we were pushing up. The sending off then changed the game.

I agree, after going down to 10 men I felt we panicked a bit and sat too deep, then again, down to 10 men and 1 nil up, you could understand the players trying to protect what they had.

We didn't prove we had the ability to cover off the opposition counters either, once they scored, they also had something to protect and backed off from the all out attack prior to them equalising. It then became a counter attacking game for both sides.

I really don't believe it was any kind of tactical plan to sit on the edge of our box like we did, it happened because we didn't keep the ball well enough and they threw men forward and put us under a lot of pressure. That's not tactical, that is just football.

This is the best and most accurate post I have read on N S C,

As for BORING BORING, in all my years I have never ever been bored watching the Albion. Disappointed at many games but never bored. Football is all about ups and downs, you have to take the rouge with the smooth, I do.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If you want excitement I would have Monokana on the bench as a wild card.

I have watched him a few times (on you tube live coverage) and he is FAST. Last night the commentator said something like "you would need a motorbike to catch him"

I watched it last night and it was booooring. Still, it shows consistency right through the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here