Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing off an injured player.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Well that was a weird old night.
Opted to buy a seat right behind the dugout in the West Lower for a change from my ST seat… wont go there again as if the actions of the Newport bench are a common place event down there, I'd probably burst with stress before we get out of August!!!

JE was very animated and rather entertaining, but seemed to have a lot of contempt for everyone (including his own players) apart from himself. Haven't got a huge problem with his level of swearing personally, but I guess more children were present in that area than normal, hence the complaints on this and other threads… ultimately that's the parents choice though.

The Calderon incident though seemed quite clearly to me as a solid 50/50 ball. Calde didn't win the ball by only fractions and the two players clashed. It wasn't like the game a few years ago at Withdean when Calde clearly stamped on the Charlton player.

So the players get treated, and the ref opts to send Calde off. Cue everyone standing up in annoyance of the decision to send him off because of the injury caused… and cue the Newport bench loising the plot and shouting things like "you f*cking pricks, he's broken his f*cking leg"… to which generally the crowd responded to by saying "yes, but the red is wrong as it was 50/50".. Type stuff.

This went on for a while and quite frankly there were individuals who didn't cover themsleves in glory at all.
Specifically from Newport we had the the pizza delivery guy and two of the unused subs...and in the interests of fairness, some Albion fans in particular were disgraceful too. There was one fat parent carrying child in one hand and doing the w*nker sign to his groin with the other.. Poor child must've only been 2 years old, and may have a destiny to grow up to be a nasty little thug like his low life scum of a father

In the area I was in, I didn't hear any booing of the poor injured player, only sympathetic applause.

What's the end result?
Well we should appeal, but I doubt we'll win it. Newport need to have a word with their staff as their was a huge lack of professionalism there..i guess they are recently non -league, so maybe they just have a lot to learn. Dignity in life goes miles.
I'd also like to see some contrite Albion fans. On a night when we remembered one of our greatest fans, some others showed they were the polar opposite.

But it's nice that football's back isn't it!?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
From my seat in WSL, I heard a ripple of boos for a second or two as the player was being carted off, then a spontaneous round of applause from the majority of fans. As an aside, I was surprised when the away attendance was read out, followed by a generous round of clapping for the Newport fans.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The booing was for the ref and the twunt Justin Edinburgh - 90% of the ground were clapping the player (which the twunt seemed to not mention) and the other 10% did nothing. There wasnt any booing for the player where I was in the North, due to how severe the injury looked - though there was no telling at the time it was a double fracture.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
The injured player was NOT booed off.
1. Tackle occurred 50/50 tackle IMHO. Both players went in for the ball, their player came off worse. No flag for foul by lino who is 5 yards away. Regrettable but sometimes will happen in a contact sport.
2. Justin Edinburgh bursts a blood vessel screaming for a red.
3. Calderon sent off.
4. Long delay while treatment takes place before player is stretchered off to applause from all round the ground.
5. JE returns to his seat to chorus of boos as he is a complete cock.

We did not boo an injured player. We booed his Manager who seized upon his players injury as a device to gain an advantage in a Capital One Cup match. He then insults opposition supporters into the bargain.

Complete lack of class on his part not ours.

This 100%

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I must admit all this has got my back up because of how it's being portrayed in the media and social network sites.

To me all the boos were directed at Justin Edingburgh for being an absolute tit. That was it. I was clapping the injured player leaving the pitch whilst shouting "you F#*~+ng T#*#*r". It doesn't mean it was at him. It was at Edingburgh.

It just shows that men can do more than two things at once.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm struggling to give a shit. Since when has pantomime booing been banned from football grounds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
"Pantomime booing" of a guy who has just broken his leg.

Doubt a few boos from a minority of the crowd will affect his recovery time either way. I really don't see it as a big deal; the alleged racism towards their man on the bench is more of an issue (if true). Other than that I think you just have to accept that football fans can be unkind and not be too sensitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
We have plenty of confused fans, 4 boy band looking tits (well 3 and a very fat Robbie) in front of us spent most of the time giving out wankers signs to the Newport fans, then when their attendance figure was given out gave them a clap before returning to the sign language :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here