Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing off an injured player.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Even if they were booing the ref/JE.. not the player, as the stretcher was being carried off they should have had enough respect for the poor guy to cease their booing and show him some respect. The fact that they didn't, and were more concerned with booing the ref/JE demonstrates that they are total c*nts. Engage your ****ing brains you morons.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I fail to see how anyone can say that was booing the ref? It started when the stretcher was lifted, the red card was a good 5 mins before that, could clearly hear the booing from a minority in the usual plebby bit of the North Stand.

Disrespectful and disgraceful.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why did people start booing, when the stretcher was lifted off then ?

Well we didn't. We were just booing the ref.

We wouldn't have been booing at all if he hadn't made such a totally shocking decision.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I fail to see how anyone can say that was booing the ref? It started when the stretcher was lifted, the red card was a good 5 mins before that, could clearly hear the booing from a minority in the usual plebby bit of the North Stand.

Disrespectful and disgraceful.

Oh we were booing way before the stretcher was lifted and after, and at the end of the match.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's not the first time people have booed at a completely inappropriate time. Boo the red card - fine. When the stretcher is lifted and the guy taken off though - seriously? I don't doubt they didn't intend to boo the player as such - but people need to think about what they're doing. For me the stretcher being lifted kinda ended a scenario which resulted in our player getting sent off, so people seemed to feel an inclination to boo. It's like they can't differentiate between a player who has gone down trying to get a player sent off and a genuine serious injury. Very naive.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh we were booing way before the stretcher was lifted and after, and at the end of the match.

There was a noticeable rise in the volume of the booing at the very moment the stretcher was lifted off the ground, maybe bad timing but the booing should have stopped and respect should have been shown to the injured player regardless of whether the ref ****ed up or not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The reports on 5 live and Sky said the player had been carried off to "generous applause from Brighton fans". You can't really account for a minority of fücknuts.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
OK. Fair enough, thanks for your judgement on our motives.

Probably a bit self-righteous of me, but I just don't understand why the following thought process did not occur....

"I'm very angry with the ref..... oh look the guy who has just had his leg broken in an utterly horrific manner, and possibly had his season/and or career ended is being carried off... maybe I could stop booing for a couple of seconds."

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
The reports on 5 live and Sky said the player had been carried off to "generous applause from Brighton fans". You can't really account for a minority of fücknuts.

he left the field to a mixture of applause and booing.....whether the booing was aimed at him or not, that was what he left the field to

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The injured player was NOT booed off.
1. Tackle occurred 50/50 tackle IMHO. Both players went in for the ball, their player came off worse. No flag for foul by lino who is 5 yards away. Regrettable but sometimes will happen in a contact sport.
2. Justin Edinburgh bursts a blood vessel screaming for a red.
3. Calderon sent off.
4. Long delay while treatment takes place before player is stretchered off to applause from all round the ground.
5. JE returns to his seat to chorus of boos as he is a complete cock.

We did not boo an injured player. We booed his Manager who seized upon his players injury as a device to gain an advantage in a Capital One Cup match. He then insults opposition supporters into the bargain.

Complete lack of class on his part not ours.

Thewre was booing from a minority at the same time as the player was stretchered off, i took it to be some of our fans booing the injured player which i thought was disgraceful.

If they were really only booing the ref, why not do it before the player is carried off or after he has already left the playing area and in the tunnel, but to only do it as he was carried off (if that was the real reason for the booing) doesn't seem like something that would be interpreted as being directed at the ref only.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please. You're not fooling anyone.

We were NOT booing the player.

Not really bothered anymore if you believe this or not ( surprised though how you can judge someone's motives ), so will leave this thread here and move on.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I sat in the ESL for the first time nice concourse . As soon as I heard the tackle I said that serious I going down to the concourse that's a bad injury however it was hard to see the tackle but it did look like both players going for the ball. I am someone who has suffered a double fracture caused by 2 players jumping in as I cleared a ball and that ended my football career that was thirty five years ago and I still suffer pain today,so please don't boo a player with that sort of injury yes when they get up and runaround or get cramp that's fair enough. I also feel for Calde as its not nice being evolved with that sort of incident. Please please be good Footie fans!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I will take it on their word that they were booing the ref and not the player, but they could have stopped it while the player was being stretchered off as I got the impression from WSL that they were booing the player.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I assumed the referee was waiting for the Newport player to be stretchered off before producing a red card for him also, but once he didn't, I booed the referee, and threw in a w***** gesture aimed at Edinburgh. What a c***.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here